Classic arcade game - can't remember

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Anyone help?

I recall a classic arcade game, in the late 80's or early 90's, with a scrolling screen moving upwards. It was a two player cooperative game, where you would shoot oncoming enemies, fighting occasional bosses. I seem to recall long "worms" with segments that you had to destroy from the back forwards (I think). You would also get various power ups and stuff, if I recall correctly. I think it may have had some sci-fi/fantasy motif.

I know it isn't much to go on. I remember spending many quarters on it with a friend or two, trying to reach the end.

Thanks!

Chris

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like Galaxian. I spent a fortune in quarters on that, Centipede, Galaga, and Donkey Kong.

Galaxian, by the way, had swooping attacks and bosses

Last edited:

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
No, it was "later" than Galaxian, Centipede, all those.

You could move around the whole screen, not just the bottom.

In addition, the screen moved top to bottom, to make it seem like you were moving through a maze/tunnel, or something like that.

Chris

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Are we talking controlling a space ship moving around the screen?
Are you moving a person around the screen?
Were you using a gun, laser, sword?
Were you being attacked by ships or people?
Was it an actual arcade game or are you talking a video game console at home playing an arcade style game?

It's all in the details.

Here's a list of arcade games List of arcade games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I'm curious myself and I hope someone answers this

Last edited:

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Not a space ship, I think it was individual people moving around.

Some sort of laser/projection weapon.

I think you were being attacked by...things. Not space ships, but some sort of alien/fantastic things.

It was an arcade game.

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
FendrGuitPlayr - I enjoyed your music! Mustang Santa, Jamaican Rum... good stuff !

Hows life back East?! I was born in Boston, grew up in Framingham, living in and loving Michigan but I miss the East coast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen