Christmas Wish/Gift List

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey TiPb peeps!

Just thought I would start a thread asking what apple products and/or accessories are at the top of your holiday wish list? iPad2? i4S? app cards? iMac?

Also how many people went out and made someone a REALLY happy person by getting them an iPad2, or i4s,macbook air or anything apple?

For myself personally I just want a few accessories and app cards(I pretty much have everything I need in my collection), I'm also hoping for a set of nice headphones, mainly so I can drowned out the noise of screaming kids! hahaha

This year my Mom is getting an iPod Touch 8 GB 4th generation from my sister and I. She was wanting something like a nintendo DS, in her words: "so I can play games with my friends" I quickly steered her towards wanting an iPod Touch due to the ability to download the free/cheap gaming apps that she likes to play, ie. words with friends and such. I'm looking forward to teaching her a bit about her new Apple product, and who knows maybe she will get a healthy addiction to Apple, like myself!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I asked Santa for an iMac as soon as my old PC bites the dust. I plugged it straight into the outlet during the stormy season and wouldn't ya know...d@mn thing didn't get zapped! :mad:

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
LOL that's cute!! I ordered my MacBook Pro and the day it came my husbands hard drive on his PC died, so he was able to use my old PC, I said, aren't you thankful I bought a Mac!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I asked for:

Dark Gray Smart Cover for iPad2
Incase snap white for iPad2 thats Smart Cover compatible
Otterbox Commuter in all blue for iPhone 4S
iTunes gift card

I think I got it all covered :):D:):D

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It's said that the iPad and iPhone Top Kids? Wish Lists This Holiday Season.
I think not only Kids, but also many folks! As said in iFunia "The iPad Hot Gift for Holidays!"

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This year I asked that my name be added to the reserve list for the iPhone 5. At the rate at which AT&T was shipping out their preorders for the iPhone 4S this year, if my name is added now I just might get it on launch day. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
4 words. Beats by Dre headphones

Oh oh I asked for some kickass pink headphones as well. I need something to drowned out the screaming children running around my house when I'm trying to listen to podcasts or whatever. Im considering wearing them just for peace and quiet too. Hahahaha

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I just asked for a new case but my mother got a iPhone and an iPad for christmas this year. It's official, we are now an Apple crazed family. :D

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Wanted bose qc15 headphones and got em. Tired of the in-ear sets. Waiting on a killer windows 8 tablet hopefully.

Got kiddo (5yrs old) a nice legos table and lots of legos. And a microphone to karaoke with since she now likes to sing. She also got lots of science crafts. Not really in the doll phase anymore.

Got wife a canon 5d mark II. Awesome camera.

Got mom-in-law an ipad 2 and 200.00 itunes cards. Hopefully this means less support time and gets her using apps. She wouldn't touch her PC.

Got parents verizon iphone 4s's, their first smartphones, along with 200 in itunes cards and enough to pay for a year's plan. No excuses now and we can share things easier that involves their granddaughter.

Last edited:

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just spent the afternoon setting up my Mom's new iPod Touch! Boy was that labour intensive, she said I should get some combat pay. I had to do a whole lot of explaining as she has never used any type of smart phone and barely uses her old flip cell phone. She doesn't even text, so this was a lot of explaining. When I left her house today she was definitely on information overload.

I set up iMessage and started messaging her when I left, one crucial piece of info I forgot to tell her was about auto correct. Needless to say her first few texts to me were "got iron" and "jets gave away" Still not too sure what she was trying to say but I was getting a good laugh out of it. She was able to successfully type out "ffs" and "sh*t" I finally explained a little about the keyboards intuition factor and the auto correct and finally she got it!

She's loving the apps, mainly bounce bullet and angry birds...I'm sitting there trying to get everything updated and she's yelling at me: "hey look I got almost all those buggers with one bullet"....lol she's 60 years old so it is pretty fun to watch her figure this thing out. :D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just spent the afternoon setting up my Mom's new iPod Touch! Boy was that labour intensive, she said I should get some combat pay. I had to do a whole lot of explaining as she has never used any type of smart phone and barely uses her old flip cell phone. She doesn't even text, so this was a lot of explaining. When I left her house today she was definitely on information overload.

I set up iMessage and started messaging her when I left, one crucial piece of info I forgot to tell her was about auto correct. Needless to say her first few texts to me were "got iron" and "jets gave away" Still not too sure what she was trying to say but I was getting a good laugh out of it. She was able to successfully type out "ffs" and "sh*t" I finally explained a little about the keyboards intuition factor and the auto correct and finally she got it!

She's loving the apps, mainly bounce bullet and angry birds...I'm sitting there trying to get everything updated and she's yelling at me: "hey look I got almost all those buggers with one bullet"....lol she's 60 years old so it is pretty fun to watch her figure this thing out. :D

Great story Kristy_Lyn! Made me lol! Especially the "ffs" part! :D

That was a cute post Kristy, I LOL'd at the "ffs" part too !!

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

A continuation has been throughout today as I have helped her set up "text plus" as she wants to text her non iPhone friends. That hasn't been the easiest, but she did get it done. Not sure how much she will use it though.

I got her to get some ebooks into her library, and login to her email via her iPod...she actually figured out that one on her own. Then we ran into some issues when using the iBooks app, we were able to correct it, however right after that lesson, I taught her about screen shots and how to attach them to a text message. That worked out well, she was impressed with herself, and now when she runs into an issue I will just get her to screen shot what the heck she is talking about that way I can direct her to the correct button...

She also shared with me today that she went out and bought a case and screen protector and then sat in Starbucks playing bounce bullet, her new favourite game. She then got yelled at by her husband to hurry up and drink her latte and eat her lemon square and stop playing her "damn iPod"

Whenever I see my Mom say FFS it makes me smile!! lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
A continuation has been throughout today as I have helped her set up "text plus" as she wants to text her non iPhone friends. That hasn't been the easiest, but she did get it done. Not sure how much she will use it though.

I got her to get some ebooks into her library, and login to her email via her iPod...she actually figured out that one on her own. Then we ran into some issues when using the iBooks app, we were able to correct it, however right after that lesson, I taught her about screen shots and how to attach them to a text message. That worked out well, she was impressed with herself, and now when she runs into an issue I will just get her to screen shot what the heck she is talking about that way I can direct her to the correct button...

She also shared with me today that she went out and bought a case and screen protector and then sat in Starbucks playing bounce bullet, her new favourite game. She then got yelled at by her husband to hurry up and drink her latte and eat her lemon square and stop playing her "damn iPod"

Whenever I see my Mom say FFS it makes me smile!! lol

Ohhh what a great addition to the beginning of your story(post) the other day Kristy_Lyn !! Your mom sounds really hip :) :D I think its cute when you(or anyone) can view your parents like that:)

Its funny because my parents are the same way with their iPads and my dad got an iPod touch for Christmas as well. He's face-timed me almost everyday so far......and my parents live right across the street from my family & I :eek::p:D LOL !! (yes, its like an Everyone Loves Raymond episode around here--lmao)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR