App Giveaway: GarageBand for iPhone and iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

draiken

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
What got me into Music?

At first, a friend of mine in 6th grade lent me Speak and Spell, Depeche Mode's first album, and been hooked ever since.

My tastes evolved (not much really) to include, U2, Queen, Roxette (it was the '80s :)) and several other groups.

Then, listening to some classical music, and slow songs from my favorite groups, and my mom's insistence I studied piano, I got into keyboards for about 10 years.

hggs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
To me the artist that got me into music was Gordon Sumner, A.K.A. Sting. Along with The Police and Solo, he has inspired me most.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I began playing the drums in 5th grade, back in 1983. Why the drums? I heard an amazing song, by what many here in the states consider a "one hit wonder"

It was the intro to that "one hit" that did it, as well as this live New Year's Eve version, that solidified it for me. "In A Big Country" by Big Country, with Mark Brezeziki on drums.

Stay Alive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMeipHcDmbI

Last edited:

lventuri

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
My musical inspiration was John Entwhistle. Learned to play bass by listening to him and the Who. This would be great in my music classroom.

MobileReality

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Tangerine Dream. Long time ago they were pretty much the only ones producing electronic music. As my memory serves me they started somewhere in 1973. They mixed live instruments with analog sounding synthesizers which at that time was a domain of very few.
They were easily 10-15 years ahead of their time.
Till this day some of their songs are amazing.

To me in a world where heavy metal, fusions of pop and disco were pretty much ruling 24/7 every single radio station, TD were like a fresh breeze.

Man this topic brought quite a few memories lol.

Give yourself a treat of audio excellence. Released in 1984.
Put your best headphones, close eyes and let it go.

PS. our YT link thingy is not working for me so here's full link.

Tangerine Dream - Horizon (Complete) - YouTube

Last edited:

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I grew up playing piano, but never fully appreciated the classical music as much as I did new stuff. Ben Folds really influenced me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW