MW3 or Battlefield?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have to highly disagree with your halo statement.
While yes, the more casual playlists (Infection, Team Slayer, Invasion, BTB) a lot of people tend to stick to the "lone wolf" style of play.
Playlists like MLG, The Arena, and to some extent Snipers & doubles require team play to win.
Going in solo and not working with your team will almost always result in a loss.
If you watch team play videos you see a lot of times other teams don't even score or get a kill.

Ive been a Halo fan since the first game...that said, the game is run and shoot...NOTHING on Halo is as squad based as the games on Battlefield, not even close. Yes, the playlists you mentioned are "more" squad based than basic slayer, but even still, you're talking a different league on Battlefield.

MW3 is a mirror of the other CoD games...go figure. As soon as i sit down and beat the campaign, this game will go on Craigslist. I have zero reason to keep it...since i already own Black Ops and MW2.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
modern warfare 2.5 was released this past Tuesday... it's still fun to play with, but I prefer Black Ops.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
2.5? Everyone on the Internet is whining about how the guns are similar killstreaks are similar. It's MODERN warfare. What do you guys want, disintegration guns and alien gunships? It should be similar to mw2. It's part of the series.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Ive been a Halo fan since the first game...that said, the game is run and shoot...NOTHING on Halo is as squad based as the games on Battlefield, not even close. Yes, the playlists you mentioned are "more" squad based than basic slayer, but even still, you're talking a different league on Battlefield.

As far as team play and strategy goes, its more or less the same with halo being smaller based and battlefield being larger. Being larger can indeed give you a little more options as what to do strategy goes, but the basics still apply. Flanking, counter capping, spawn killing, etc. etc. etc.

Run, Shoot, Camp, comes basic with any FPS. You literally cant do anything else.

I'm trying to keep this short ha.
The older halo's yes, battlefields squads blow it out in terms of loadouts and their importance making them work together, where as in halo it was just hey everybody grab a pistol/br and shoot em up.
But Halo:Reach took a pretty big step forward with their armor abilities. I wouldn't say BF totally blows it out of the water, but it does have an added depth that halo doesn't which is different guns and gadets for different loadouts. Specialization is pretty much the AA. Pistols are same across the across the board so its more or less the secondary weapon you spawn with.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't bought MW3 yet because I wanted to try it first. But I played it at my friends and I like it. Probably going to buy it in the near future

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I will be getting Modern Warfare 3 for sure. I love the CoD series, don't like BF series at all. Yes when you get online with people you don't know CoD can be run shoot kill run shoot kill but if you're part of a clan or play LAN style games where you know the people you play with it can be very strategic and fun. So it's what you make it really. Every game is a choice, people will buy based on what they like so no matter if it's the same thing in a different wrapper if they have fun playing it then that is all that matters really. I've played MW2 on the ps3 and I only play it once in a blue moon because I can't play close to as good as when I'm rockin' the PC.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
2.5? Everyone on the Internet is whining about how the guns are similar killstreaks are similar. It's MODERN warfare. What do you guys want, disintegration guns and alien gunships? It should be similar to mw2. It's part of the series.

I didn't expect anything besides a new game...and i got the same game polished to a high shine.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

a new game... not a game that could have been made a DLC.

and how did alien gunships come in to play? if i wanted aliens, i'd play gow3 or halo.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
a new game... not a game that could have been made a DLC.

and how did alien gunships come in to play? if i wanted aliens, i'd play gow3 or halo.

Its a typical CoD fanboy response...dont hate the game because they run by the idea that if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Clearly...CoD fans don't care about change, they'll play and buy and play and buy games that are mirrors of each other year end and map pack out. And that works for the developers, they get rich while doing basically nothing but polishing up a terd and telling their fans its the best thing that exists.

At the very least, when i turn on Battlefield 3, I'm not playing Bad Company 2.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
MW3 or kill yourself. Obviously most people prefer CoD if you pay attention to the numbers. Most people buy it for the multiplayer not single player (who honestly cares about the campaign?) MW3 is a lot different than MW2. Just because some aspects of it seem the same as MW2 doesn't mean it's the same game. Black Ops and WaW has nothing to do with the MW series for those that don't know. People that buy CoD games and don't play multiplayer are weirdos. That's what it's meant for

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
MW3 or kill yourself. Obviously most people prefer CoD if you pay attention to the numbers. Most people buy it for the multiplayer not single player (who honestly cares about the campaign?) MW3 is a lot different than MW2. Just because some aspects of it seem the same as MW2 doesn't mean it's the same game. Black Ops and WaW has nothing to do with the MW series for those that don't know. People that buy CoD games and don't play multiplayer are weirdos. That's what it's meant for

The multiplayer maps in MW3 and Black Ops are mirrors...if you deny this you're fooling yourself.

And go by sales numbers? lol...since when do high sales numbers = a grade "A" quality game? Every time a Halo, or a CoD, or a Battlefield, or a Forza or any largely marketed game comes out, they break sales records, and then the next year those records get broken. It has nothing to do with the game being new and improved, it just means there are a bunch of people who wanted to find out (me included).

None of the CoD games are "different" than the other ones...they are all cookie cutter. This review said it best...

This is the best Modern Warfare map pack I've ever bought.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought both. Play mw3 more right now since more people I know play it and bf3 is better if you have friends in your squad. I like an enjoy both but mw3 feels like its a map pack of mw2.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW