MW3 or Battlefield?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I have bf3 and will pre-order mw3 later today. BF3 is alright, but to me, I prefer the CoD series. Not sure how it will be with all the new stuff they're putting in to mw3 though.

I also bought GoldenEye007 yesterday for the 360... the main reason these games are what they are today. It was the best FPS back in the day with n64.

I have all these games, but I barely have time to play them... I guess I like wasting $$$.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Mw3 all the way. I rented bf3, and was extremely disappointed when I found out that I couldn't play online because ea sports is cheap. I loved modern warfare 2, when people didn't hack it or use noob weapons, even enjoyed the story line. Buying it at midnight tonight

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Mw3 all the way. I rented bf3, and was extremely disappointed when I found out that I couldn't play online because ea sports is cheap. I loved modern warfare 2, when people didn't hack it or use noob weapons, even enjoyed the story line. Buying it at midnight tonight
If I didn't have work, I probably would too. Then again, after last year's fiasco of freezing my @$$ off for Black Ops, I decided, it's easier to pick it up after work tomorrow. Lol. No lines!

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people continue to pump out 60 dollars for a cheap upgrade.
Slightly upgraded graphics, bout time they actually got a new engine.
Same guns with a new name or possibly skin.
Some new kill streaks.

I picked up BF3 a couple of days ago.
I've had very very minor problems with the connections. Only been kicked from two games. Hardly ever lag. If you really like CoD's multiplayer chances are you might not like this. Team deathmatch is the only gametype that has small maps like CoD. The others are HUGE. Like triple the size, even bigger on the 64 player MP on the PC.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting MW3 tonight at midnight...but i prefer the Battlefield series.

Why?

I prefer team/squad based play...modern warfare is just like Halo, run-shoot-run-shoot-run-shoot-camp-shoot-camp-run-shoot. That's it, all day and all night. Battlefield actually makes you work as a team (in Rush and Conquest). Nobody plays the other modes on CoD, its Deathmatch or nothing pretty much 100% of the time.

The campaign is ALWAYS better with the Battlefield series, but i still enjoy the CoD series campaigns because i love shooters.

Fit and finish was better on Bad Company 2 over Black Ops, and the battlefield game was almost a year older.

Give me Battlefield any day of the week...if i had to pick one, that would be it without a second thought.

The only thing that ever drew me to keep CoD games was the Zombie modes, which is very fun.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Zombie mode rocked lol. That was the best part of black ops, the campaign sucked. I wish the campaigns in these games would be longer. I beat battlefield 3 in 2 days. I was disappointed in battlefield 3 actually. I didn't think it was as good as the commercials made it out to be. Don't get me wrong it was still a good game. Hopefully mw3 doesn't suck like black ops did

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I prefer team/squad based play...modern warfare is just like Halo, run-shoot-run-shoot-run-shoot-camp-shoot-camp-run-shoot. That's it, all day and all night. Battlefield actually makes you work as a team (in Rush and Conquest). Nobody plays the other modes on CoD, its Deathmatch or nothing pretty much 100% of the time.

I have to highly disagree with your halo statement.
While yes, the more casual playlists (Infection, Team Slayer, Invasion, BTB) a lot of people tend to stick to the "lone wolf" style of play.
Playlists like MLG, The Arena, and to some extent Snipers & doubles require team play to win.
Going in solo and not working with your team will almost always result in a loss.
If you watch team play videos you see a lot of times other teams don't even score or get a kill.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It's been so long since I have played halo, I forgot they had team doubles. I actually miss that, there was a little bit of strategy involved. That and I loved the way halo did their rankings, where you could actually go down if you had a bad round. Wish they would do that with cod.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol. 2.8 out of 10 roughly 500 users on metacritic. A user by the name Stasismind writes "The funny thing is I had yet to realize this was the exact same game I've been playing for two years..."

Last edited:

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that it is a lot like mw2. But it's part of the modern warfare series. I didn't expect it to be much more different. The game play is much better in this one and it seems more balanced. Modern warfare 2 was a noobfest and in this one it doesn't seem so easy to do. Haven't seen much of it in the time I have spent playing. Not everyone is going to like it. I thing battlefield 3 is way overhyped and over rated. To each their own

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
BF3 - definitely. it has taken BF2 and made it 100 times better and more realistic. COD seems like every 8 months they have a new one. How could they improve it that much to justify a whole new release. IMHO that is :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro