As the vocalist for my band, I have next to no experience with guitar, drums, or keyboard. With Garage Band on my iPad 2, I have been able to more competently present my ideas to my band mates. This has been a huge help when writing new material. The interface is simple enough for me to be able to write a few guitar riffs for some of our projects. I know I am only scratching the surface here. With this addition, the biggest benefit is knowing that no matter where we are when inspiration strikes, we will be ready.

e_t
    Last edited by edit_text; 11-05-2011 at 05:21 AM.
    11-05-2011 05:19 AM
    Hey there I'm play synth/piano in the Colorado band Mister Mistress. I use my iPhone for as much as I can. One way we have created several YouTube videos of us playing covers and in every video we do I use my iPhone 4 mic to record the audio. Currently we are in the middle of recording a series of videos covering songs by the artist Childish Gambino, in honor of his debut album "Camp," all of the audio is recorded and put together on my iPhone 4. Not only are we going to release the videos but we're going to release the 5 cover songs (completely recorded on my iPhone 4) as a free downloadable set for people to enjoy. With the recent release of the new GarageBand for the iPhone we are currently working on releasing a song that is completely created using an iPhone 4 and it's GarageBand app. I've also used my iPhone 4 to film some of the parts in some of the cover videos we have done. On top of this I use my iPhone 4 to create samples of other songs for some of our own, to do this I use the DJay app, to cut up and remix songs to create samples. I also use the DJay app to get music going a parties. We recently threw a party at which I used my iPhone to get people dancing (we also created a video invite for this party in which we again used the iPhone to recored the audio). When I play live shows with my band I need to have access to my MacBook but not every stage setup allows me to be right next to it and thats where my iPhone comes in I use my iPhone to remotely control my Mac so that I can power through our sets without having to jump over people and cables to get what I need quickly.

We look forward to using iOS devices in the future as well. We plan on creating an original song and music video completely with the iPad 3 when it comes out. An Apogee Jam for the iPhone would be a great tool to help us do even more with our iOS devices. It would be a great way for us to record scratch tracks that we could use when we go into the studio to record finalized tracks. It would also be great to help us get our demo songs and teasers to our fans.

Information on our band can be found at mistermistress.com

a video cover we did of "Say Ahh" by Trey Songz can be found at youtu.be/v_wmEcWE5Uw we recorded this specific video with a Nikon but all of the audio is straight from my iPhone 4 the audio hasn't been edited what so ever. A video of the party invite can also be found on our youtube account youtube.com/mstrmistress
    Last edited by Xac-Wj; 11-05-2011 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention somethings
    11-05-2011 05:26 AM
    Well, I've played around with GarageBand on my iPad2, but only this week created a full song I was happy to let the world hear. It's called Mo'vember Blues and tells the sorry tale of this guy who in the month of November can rustle up a great beard but sees his stiff upper lip remain almost hairless...

11-05-2011 05:27 AM
    Looks like a great idea, i can work anywhere
    11-05-2011 07:25 AM
    I love using Garage Band for setting up loop rhythms with Keyboard, Drums, and Guitar so that I can practice my lead riffs for certain songs. Having this on the iPhone and iPad means I don't have to take my laptop with me if I want to go to the park or something to play.
    11-05-2011 08:06 AM
    Lately I've been doing a lot of karaoke, ripping discs into CDG+MP3 and using various players. Love it.
    11-05-2011 08:22 AM
    As a worship leader, this can be put into good use. Thanks!
    11-05-2011 08:54 AM
    I am a music teacher. Ive recently begun teaching a new guitar curriculum to my elementary school kids. We use acoustic guitars, and we even use a little bit of electric guitar in our class too. This would be perfect to let kids record their own licks on the school music iPad and then to email home so their parents can see/hear what they are doing in class, how they are progressing and what they are being graded on. Thanks TiPB
    11-05-2011 08:57 AM
    Would love to jam with this on GarageBand with my Fender Strat!
    11-05-2011 09:22 AM
    I would love to have this device! I would use my 2 favorite items at the same time!! My Guitar and my iPad2!! How Cool would that be??!! Please pick me!!
    11-05-2011 09:27 AM
    I make beautiful music. All that I have is a keyboard but I've been learning to play guitar and I would love to be able to add this to my iPad and iPhone to take it all to another level. I'm working on the score of a movie that some local guys are making and also working with a few rock bands and singers in my area. I would love to be able to get some of the sounds in my head out and into the world using this. I never miss a podcast from iPhone Live! to iPad Live! Georgia you're my only hope!!!!! (Star Wars) I'm a bit of a geek bit that's a lot cooler than it used to be! LOL!
    11-05-2011 09:59 AM
    I would love to have one of these to rock out on my iPad! I really want this! To show how much I want one, I will post a video of me playing in my first gig at our halloween party :P

This is For Whom The Bell Tolls (Metallica) with a "Halloween" theme song intro:

I'm playing guitar and vocals
    11-05-2011 09:59 AM
    I mostly just goof around on my garage band app on my ipad2. However if my husband got his hands on this he would definitely hook up his ipad. On second thought maybe I don't want to win it, because then I will be competeing with jam for attention. Just kidding, please enter me into the contest!
    11-05-2011 10:01 AM
    I love jamming and recording guitar on my iPhone and Mac! Would love to rock out some 'wind cries mary' through a high fidelity input
    11-05-2011 10:10 AM
    i aint no rockstar but id use it when im just playing/practissing my guitar.
    11-05-2011 10:14 AM
    Boy, I can really use the practice Georgia. Help me
    11-05-2011 10:20 AM
    I could totally use this everyday to record my band. It would be a great tool to use while just sitting at home playing guitar, to recording a whole performance or a pratice.
    11-05-2011 10:28 AM
    I use Symphony Pro connected to a Yamaha keyboard and I'm teaching my daughter about music, though she is just 6 she wants to be a rockstar. Next is the electric guitar and I've had my eye on an Apogee Jam. It would be perfect for my Fender. Then we rock!
    11-05-2011 10:36 AM
    Having used Logic Studio exclusively, I never spent much time exploring Garageband - until now. This iPhone app is amazing! Its so simple and intuitive, much moreso than the 4 others I've been experimenting with for quick ideas while traveling. The others make me say, "well if I have to think this hard to sketch an idea, I might as well just pull out my Macbook and get on with it".

I've also been a big fan of Apogee products and have heard great things about the Jam. I think the combination of these two fine products will be a perfect way to keep the creative juices flowing.
    11-05-2011 11:02 AM
    As a college student, I go out and play open mic nights and smaller gigs around campus to make some extra cash. Recently, we've been writing our own material and playing with some electronic noises, such as the iRig apps and Garageband on my iPad. It helps us keep our recording costs low and get lots of effects for a small price. But without an adapter, its hard to record to the iPad and this would make our lives a lot simpler and help encourage upcoming musicians to record their own music too!
    11-05-2011 11:04 AM
    mainly just sampling and hobby
    11-05-2011 11:50 AM
    I already utilize Apogee's "one" in my production setup at home and being a brand new iPhone user (Sprint launch day) I can only imagine the ways I could use "Jam" on-the-go with my phone.

I know several guitar players who I'd love to work with but are short on time...using "Jam" I could easily just meet with them on the spot, plug in, and record some quick ideas we could revisit later.
    11-05-2011 12:19 PM
    I'm constantly using my iPad 2 during live performances.

I'm a 2nd drummer in a jamband, so I have lots of freedom to freak out and make weird noises and whatnot. Until recently I've mostly been using Pianist Pro to drive various VSTs in Ableton Live with MIDI over WiFi, but lately I've been using instruments directly on the iPad, especially since the new Moog app came out -- this thing is very possibly the coolest app yet.

Thumbjam is also a perennial favorite, with a new version coming out very soon. Jesse has been churning out betas very quickly, and the functionality in the new version will be otherworldly. For live performance, or even just sketching ideas, it's an incredible tool and a giant leap forward in terms of interfaces for musical instruments. I can't begin to explain how much I love Thumbjam, it's given me the ability to finally get the string concertos that've been floating around my head for decades now out into real form -- then I can just record the MIDI on my Macbook and print out the score!

Imagine if Mozart or Beethoven had had these tools...

[edit] Oh, and I've also invented an electric kazoo, and this interface would be the ultimate interface for recording it on the go, as well as applying effects to it for live performance, plus recording everything on the go, plus a thousand other uses I can't even take the time to write out...

I bought the iPad as a musical instrument. In fact, I sold my EWI 4000S to buy it, and haven't regretted it for a second. This thing is the ultimate musician's tool.
    Last edited by Raketemensch; 11-05-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    11-05-2011 01:07 PM
    Making music is really special to my dad and since he is disabled from work all he does is make music all day with his ipad and iphone and mac. This would really make him happy if he could get this.

Laying down guitar tracks and really just making everything pop!
    11-05-2011 01:23 PM
    I like to write songs. I have various voice apps and instrument apps ut would LOVE to add my guitar to the mix! I mean a real one.
    11-05-2011 01:28 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD