Anyone else getting a kick out of seeing these threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...just thought it was funny (and applicable) that all these new members, or new iPhone owners are posting the same stories we've seen for years every time a new iPhone comes out.

- People freaking out about the servers crashing.
- People freaking out about little glitches in processing.
- People freaking out about 100% of the questions not being answered right away.
- People desperately trying to refresh their browsers in hopes of a special door way to open where all things go fine and works right the first time.

...ladies and gentlemen, if you're new to the iPhone pre-order process, i want to say welcome, and make sure you keep patience at a very high level for this situation.

...every year the same thing happens.

...every year, everything comes out fine in the end.

Stay excited about your new iPhone 4S coming, and if you don't get it the second midnight strikes on the 14th, have some patience, you'll get it, and you'll be able to dance around in joy when you open the box the same as everyone else.

Breath people...in...out...repeat. :p

Reactions: latinatwix28

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
P.S. - Good luck to the Sprint users...if you go back through the threads, don't say we didn't warn you. Sprint literally has ZERO idea what they are about to walk into...and expect more, especially with service quality, because i can guarantee you, the iPhone is going to "test" Sprint in the coming months, lol. ;)

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it's the same thing every single year. Everyone wants to hit it as soon as it's available for preorder, which is a ton of traffic to each of those websites. I've seen people who get a new one every year freaking out too, so I don't think it's limited to the newbies, lol.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
P.S. - Good luck to the Sprint users...if you go back through the threads, don't say we didn't warn you. Sprint literally has ZERO idea what they are about to walk into...and expect more, especially with service quality, because i can guarantee you, the iPhone is going to "test" Sprint in the coming months, lol. ;)

Hopefully Sprint doesn't go bankrupt from iPhones in 2012 :p

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
lol...it's like watching a toy store on black friday...it's cracking me up! :D

It is pretty funny.

I did the pre-order dance...started about 12:20 using my iPad's Apple Store app. Went pretty smoothly. But is was a hoot watching the masses melt down!

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It's the same as when Verizon got the phone. I was part of that hysteria. My solution was, order online and have it delivered. Had no issues whatsoever. They did not run out, no need to be up at 3 am like I was unfortunately to order. Much ado about nothing.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about it, especially when they took away the annual upgrade, and won't budge on upgrade dates. Ugh! :)

They took the annual upgrades away, so that they can afford to pay for our unlimited data plans... Well thats what they said, they could be lying though :(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Personally, I'm not getting a kick out of it. There are so many duplicate threads it isn't even funny. And then there are duplicate posts, posts saying nothing, and posts that are so long you lose track of what they might have been trying to say. I'm all for traffic, but this is awful.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I'm not getting a kick out of it. There are so many duplicate threads it isn't even funny. And then there are duplicate posts, posts saying nothing, and posts that are so long you lose track of what they might have been trying to say. I'm all for traffic, but this is awful.

I was actually going to be a asterisk for mods (in regards to finding any humor in this, lol)...i can only imagine. :p

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
We've all been there (my second time doing the pre-order dance for Verizon iPhones)... watching the bridge jumpers is a good time... now excuse me as I go refresh my browser 17 more times in the next 30 seconds.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I remember when the Verizon iP4 was coming out things got so crazy I created a new bookmark for TiPb that gave me new posts but excluded the Verizon forum. That was a lifesaver! I do have to wonder, though, if the "Win a 4S" thread isn't also make things crazier this time, since the whole contest is based on using the forum. At any rate, all I can say is BLESS YOU, Alli! I can only imagine how swamped you are right now!

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
my experience was pretty good today... only accidentally ordered one extra iPhone 4S. Was going for 2, but apparently I ordered 3. Worked with AT&T to sort it out.. there support is on the ball.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Sean you said best...it's the sheer excitement. I remember when I got my 3GS after our employer switched to ATT(I had an Incredible at the time). I was so thrilled to have everything(phone, music etc.) all in one place. I never bothered how to learn how to get my music from iTunes to my Incredible. You would have I was the first person to ever have a phone like the iPhone! Every platform has advantages & disadvantages but I was just blown away-yeah I thought I was cool! ; )

Every employee with the exception of one doctor and two other staff went with the iPhone. The others stayed with blackberry.

Anyhow I understand their excitement. They should take some time to read and learn here, I've learned a lot from these forums. = )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
They took the annual upgrades away, so that they can afford to pay for our unlimited data plans... Well thats what they said, they could be lying though :(

Yeah, I could see the problem with costs, but they could have let us have one last upgrade before taking it away. I'm not talking about someone who upgraded a few months ago, but people like me, for example, when it's been a year or more. The premier program was such a nice perk. Sigh.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

They took annual upgrades away so they had enough money for their huge 20 billion dollar deal

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about it, especially when they took away the annual upgrade, and won't budge on upgrade dates. Ugh! :)

I had a Sprint Customer Service rep tell me over the phone that if you can find a motivated store sales rep they more than likely get you the upgrade as long as your 14 days away from your upgrade date. Going to test that theory on the 14th when I try to get my wife's iPhone (her upgrade date is 11/1/2011).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR