Anyone else getting a kick out of seeing these threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I remember when the Verizon iP4 was coming out things got so crazy I created a new bookmark for TiPb that gave me new posts but excluded the Verizon forum. That was a lifesaver! I do have to wonder, though, if the "Win a 4S" thread isn't also make things crazier this time, since the whole contest is based on using the forum. At any rate, all I can say is BLESS YOU, Alli! I can only imagine how swamped you are right now!

That Win a 4S contest....ugh. Do you realize there are people who registered on TiPb within the last week that already have over 150 posts?! They don't seem to understand the difference between simply replying in a thread, and contributing. Ugh.

So y'all TiPb "veterans" help 'em out, and lead them gently into productive posting. And let's help them learn that it's quality, not quantity.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...amazing how the traffic just dramatically died on here. Im curious if many of those newbies that simply signed up and posted their hearts out to win the phone will stick around at all, or if that is the last we will see of them. I think one of them actually had like 500 posts or something and registered THIS month! hahaha...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
lol...amazing how the traffic just dramatically died on here. Im curious if many of those newbies that simply signed up and posted their hearts out to win the phone will stick around at all, or if that is the last we will see of them. I think one of them actually had like 500 posts or something and registered THIS month! hahaha...

Agree there were a lot of new faces I'm sure most will die back down until the next contest. There were so many pointless posts just to increase their post count thinking they would win and then throwing a fit when they didn't.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I can't stand the ones who start their threads *HELP* - *PLEASE* - etc. You're posting on this forum, so we assume most topics are help questions. Or they ask a question and a few threads down someone else asked the same thing. Or they state they already searched and couldn't find the answer (upgrade error 3xxx as an example) when the answer is easily found.

Or they start asking carrier questions in this forum. That's the biggest issue and makes the volunteer mods work more. It happens every year, so whatever.

bberrynewbie84

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm a member of Androidcentral and crackberry,so it was only right for me to join here too! And since this is my first iPhone it's only right to join one of the biggest blog sites out there baby!

Posted from a soon to be Iphone 4s

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

Some of whom don't exactly seem to know what they're talking about when giving "advice."

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

It will kick back up the first time an official untethered jailbreak is released...

...and then again the next time Apple releases a firmware update that kills people's jailbreak, even when we warn them 1000 times that it will happen.

I feel sorry for the mods, but I admit it's kinda funny to watch as a bystander.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
lol...so very true. btw...you're going down next week, haha... :D

Haha, could be. But then again, we both got a lot of byes that week to handle. It won't be a true matchup. Without Brady and Welker having a field day that kinda hurts you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It will kick back up the first time an official untethered jailbreak is released...

...and then again the next time Apple releases a firmware update that kills people's jailbreak, even when we warn them 1000 times that it will happen.

I feel sorry for the mods, but I admit it's kinda funny to watch as a bystander.

I don't think it'll be to that extent though, everyone and their mom showed up for the free iPhone, lol!

Haha, could be. But then again, we both got a lot of byes that week to handle. It won't be a true matchup. Without Brady and Welker having a field day that kinda hurts you.

Kinda hurts me? Im wondering if i'll score double digits, hahahaha...

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for the contest... but also because I plan on getting the iP4s. So I will be sticking around... I am also active at Crackberry because I create themes.

I used to make themes for the ipod (still have my 2g.. not jailbroken anymore though) I may get back into that... and maybe update the old theme creator i had made a few years back. We'll see how hard it is...

;)

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This is interesting. I walked up into this spot like wowww! (Like flava flav) Its a straight up zoo in here! Compared to my little Droid x and Droid Charge forums. Lots at newbie "dumb" questions and an equal amount of veteran sarcasm to go along with. Quite interesting. I'm guessing its not always like this? Hope not. Any-who these are exciting times! My first iPhone! Going to bed early tonight so Santa can hurry up and come!

Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR