I'm out of here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Tired of the crap. Yeah, I admit to being snarky at times... and sarcasm has its place on these forums from time to time... but the constant whinging and arguing about when the iPhone 5 is coming, will it have flash, will it have an LED, etc is just too much sometimes.

I'm grateful for the friends that I have made here... I've picked up some knowledge, and hopefully left a little bit, too.

But it's time to go... so hasta la vista, baby...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...you've probably noticed no posts by me lately as well Hank, and I've pretty much followed your sentiments (again), this site is so full of trolls and idiots its not even funny, and when you snap on one of them, you get ridiculed by the peanut gallery or some snide comment by an admin or mod. Not to mention the flood of spam on here...i hate it because i think there are some pretty cool people here, and some people who share some good knowledge on iPhones, but 95% of the content is BS these days.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This is sad news, I've always looked for names I trust when reading posts and your is one. I rarely post but do read daily and have followed your posts since Crackberry days. To bad it wasn't the a$$holes that were leaving.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hank, I really hope you are just taking a break for a while and will return once the new iPhone comes out and the dust has settled. You will definitely be missed. :(

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I appreciated/looked forward to your insightful posts/comments. I understand completely why you are leaving the forum. I've seen the same nonsense on our sister sites over the years and and it does get annoying when your trying to find/give useful info. It's too bad when this happens. Take care and I hope the best for you.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to see you go Hank. Another level minded poster bites the dust, another tragic casualty of trolls and ignorant people / stupid kids. Sorry to see you go Hank. Don't leave for too long. You will be missed.

By the way Hank, if you find a home where the idiots don't frequent and good collaboration can take place, let me know. I myself am growing tired of the pointless threads and consistent trolling here. For those of you above that have posted on this thread to do anything other than wish Hank well, you obviously have no clue who you are loosing on this forum.

Last edited:

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been on this site long, but I've noticed that your posts had a lot more substance than many. It's unfortunate that you're heading out.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hank, I'm hoping you just need a little vacation and will be back after a while. Too many people dive in without getting to know the lay of the land first...and then they take things the wrong way. I'd love to ban about a dozen people just for being jerks...but ya can't do that. <shrug>

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'd love to ban about a dozen people just for being jerks...but ya can't do that. <shrug>

As I've learned from my mod days, it's a thin line. Police too much and you possibly kill traffic. You lay off too much, it gets out of control. I've always found that being quicker to assign points calms down the crazies. Once people get close to the limit of points where they get a vacation, they tend to learn.

But on my old site, when we'd ban people, we wouldn't lift it. You were gone permanently.

As for Hank, too bad man, just take a vacation and come back once the 5 is out.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been here long either but I appreciated your input Hank. Sorry to see you go, hopefully you will come back. If and when I need to use 'ignore' can it be done from tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
This seems a bit too harsh to me. I think a temp ban is all that is needed. Then if the offense is repeated a permanent ban may be necessary.

That was certainly a side a few others had sat on. However it did eventually come down to the best way to handle the crazies. If you've been warned many times to calm your butt down and still accumulate enough points to get banned (which did expire after a set amount of time - meaning you had to really mess up), what makes us think you'll pay attention to a ban?

It worked well and the permanent ban didn't come down too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods