Apple tv set

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 10042
Ok so I just want to know everyone's thought on the apple tv set.
There's tons and tons of rumors going around that apple is going to introduce a actual television line in 2012 and many people are a bit skeptical about entering that market.
Is it going to be just a basic tv with a built in apple tv?
Honestly if I'd be that I'd rather buy a tv now than a separate tv.
I don't think it'll just be that if they DO enter it. Apple doesn't enter a market unless they have a new product that will completely revolutionize the industry and the way we consume the tv in our lives. The tv market is an extremely cutthroat and tough market to compete in so everyone saying it'll only be a built in apple tv? Apples not stupid. Steve jobs did, and also Tim cook mention before of how difficult the tv market would be to enter and deny that they would ever. But they also did that 4 years before the iPhone.
So there's no real thing to how are here, just that if they do it's definitely going to change the tv industry as we know it. You can count on that from apple if they're going to risk it in that market. Are the rumors are increasing so maybe this might also be the new revolutionary product line that people have been blubbering around?

View attachment 10043

Just post me back and tell me what you think!

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I doubt they will start making TVs right now.. They have way too much on their plate already.

If they do start making TV-sized displays, don't expect anything special. It would likely just be a run-of-the-mill 42" 1080p display, with IPS possibly, and would cost around $1499. :p

In any case though this is the wrong forum for this thread.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they will start making TVs right now.. They have way too much on their plate already.

If they do start making TV-sized displays, don't expect anything special. It would likely just be a run-of-the-mill 42" 1080p display, with IPS possibly, and would cost around $1499. :p

In any case though this is the wrong forum for this thread.

Ah, see I think your completely wrong. Since when has apple just made an " not anything special product? Not since steve jobs was kicked out way back in the day. So if they're going to go into a massive industry like the television one you seriously are crazy to think they're not going to go in with a revolutionary product like the iPod iPhone or iPad. And as for too much one their plate? Yeah they are the most valuable company on the planet right now, but why does it matter? That doesn't mean they couldn't handle another product. They have more than enough supplies and resources to handle any increase or product they wish to launch.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There won't be TV's from Apple for a while, and when there are...it'll be nothing far and beyond what is already out there...for instance, people who started (and bought into) the rumor were discussing WiFi hardware being installed in the Apple TV's, something that is becoming a norm in the entire television industry.

Then there's the other gimmicks, 3D...4D...LED, ULED, etc etc etc...what is Apple going to do? Put connectors for their products in the TV? Big whoop, nearly every TV made in the last 5 years can connect to any Apple product anyways already.

They will have to break out of the mould, and honestly...with what? And at what cost? 3D TV's have already shown that expensive flat panels don't sell well off gimmicks...is Apple going to put a mac mini inside the TV? would a person spend $4,000 on a 50" LED TV when they could buy a Samsung TV (the same TV that is probably in the Apple case itself, lol), and a Mac mini...and save $2,500?

I wouldn't hold my breath. And that top pic you posted is bogus and has been for years...

Last edited:

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm not saying they will or they won't. No one can can think what else they'd do, just rumors. Just honestly, if they ARE going to enter the tv market you can dang bet it's going to be an industry changer that no ones thought of. Because apples not stupid enough to bring in a normal product. We all know and love apple enough to know that's true.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm not saying they will or they won't. No one can can think what else they'd do, just rumors. Just honestly, if they ARE going to enter the tv market you can dang bet it's going to be an industry changer that no ones thought of. Because apples not stupid enough to bring in a normal product. We all know and love apple enough to know that's true.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

Apple has released several products that were what i would consider "normal products"...i mean their computers, as much as i prefer them, are not really ground breaking. Im afraid that they might venture into markets like this and they'll simply price themselves out of the market...and the reason? Because companies like Samsung, Sony, LG and Sanyo have proven that they've got the TV manufacturing and marketing thing down pact...they regularly keep their products on top of the new "gimmick" that looks cool in commercials or on displays at big stores...what else could Apple do to make a TV more attractive that wouldn't cause a over zealous premium slapped on the unit?

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly not sure at all? And not neccesarily. Maybe in a few ways but mostly when they were first released they were still, like every other product they have released. Like the iMac. That was huge when it was released, it practically saved the company. And the air is also a ground breaking product, no one can still match that in quality and design and come out under 1000. And for say the MacBook and MacBook pro, they had some breaking features like unibody engineering.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm honestly not sure at all? And not neccesarily. Maybe in a few ways but mostly when they were first released they were still, like every other product they have released. Like the iMac. That was huge when it was released, it practically saved the company. And the air is also a ground breaking product, no one can still match that in quality and design and come out under 1000. And for say the MacBook and MacBook pro, they had some breaking features like unibody engineering.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

All those things are fine in the computer world...albeit a bit anti-climatic. Apple always has cool features with their products, there's no denying that...but the issue we have here is that the TV market is not as easily satisfied, and has LONG moved away from paying premiums for negligible features.

If apple can some how implement one of their computers with WiFi tech into the TV, and allow for an "All In One" type deal where you no longer have to have all these cables, and external pieces of hardware to enjoy the things they are trying to push with Apple TV...and also bring a new type of web surfing experience, along with effortless connectivity amongst the iOS devices, they MIGHT have something if they can keep the price competitive...but the last part of that is going to be their problem, especially if a person can experience the EXACT same thing for a lot less money.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
That's completely true, and also why I think they won't. I'm open to the idea but it'd have to be a pretty revolutionary item.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73