How OCD are you?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So I'm wondering just how OCD are other people? Put up your OCD habits and even screenshots if you want. Lets see what common traits emerge.

My closet is organized by color and in the following way winter clothes- left side, t-shirts and jeans, casual clothes, dress clothes

All towels must be in the center of whatever it is hanging on. All cloths in my house must be wrinkle and line free. I iron my table cloths, shower curtains, towels, sheets, hand towels.

I re-read text messages, forum posts, emails, etc. to correct spelling mistakes.

My emails, files, photos, etc are all organized by some type of system ie. date, color, occasion, etc. (screenshot to follow)

I have to do all or nothing. So if I'm going to sync my iPhone I check for updates on my Mac, iTunes, iPhone and iPad. Then I check for new podcasts, then sync iPhone, then iPad.

My iPhone has an Otterbox Defender case. I clean it once a week, I have white cloth gloves to handle the phone outside the case:D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My biggest OCD issues are based on household items.

• Toilet paper MUST roll off the holder over the top (not under from the back side of the roll).
  • When the mini blinds are closed in the evening, they have to be closed "up" meaning that if you stand immediately in front of the closed blinds and look out, you must be looking down at the ground? not up at the sky.
  • Where ever there are multiple light switches together they must me "uniform". If there are 2 switches, the must both be on/off in the same position. If there are 3 switches they must be either all the same or in a pattern - left/right must be the same and the middle one can match or not.

After rereading this, not sure if I'm OCD or just anal. :eek:

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
^LMAO

well.. for starters at night i will check my alarm clock, during the week, 3-5 times. make sure it is indeed ON, is it set correctly? time? AM? been doing this for years. just part of life haha

more to come!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I only check my alarm clock once...but I have 3 set, cause one might fail.

I wake up extra early so I can show up early - not just on time. If I don't get where I'm going at least 15 minutes early I feel late.

I have parked in the same spot at work for 16 years - we don't have assigned spots, and I'm the first one there so I have my pick. I am a creature of habit.

The key has to be on the hook by the door, and the door is deadbolted when it's closed, whether I'm in or out.

Yea...I could go on, too.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I will remove staples from files at work and re-staple with the flat side of the staple on the outside of the file. (keeps my hands from getting sliced!) I also take everything out of the files and make all of the papers uniform. :facepalm:

Not so OCD at home because it's fighting a losing battle with a husband and 2 kids. Although, i will periodically double check cabinets and drawers to make sure everything is in it's proper place... That is to say, on the RARE occasion that anyone else bothers to put anything away.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
wow so cool I do ALL of those things. I can't wait to get home and post the screen shot of my GMail labels lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok so here are screenshots of my GMail labels that I use to organize my emails. I never have more than 3-5 emails in my inbox and then I start to organize them by labels. Sorry it might be a little long :D

img0277i.png

img0278u.png

img0279.png

img0280l.png

img0281b.png

img0282h.png

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My biggest OCD issues are based on household items.

• Toilet paper MUST roll off the holder over the top (not under from the back side of the roll).
  • When the mini blinds are closed in the evening, they have to be closed "up" meaning that if you stand immediately in front of the closed blinds and look out, you must be looking down at the ground? not up at the sky.
  • Where ever there are multiple light switches together they must me "uniform". If there are 2 switches, the must both be on/off in the same position. If there are 3 switches they must be either all the same or in a pattern - left/right must be the same and the middle one can match or not.

After rereading this, not sure if I'm OCD or just anal. :eek:

Holly cow batman! The first two, my wife has as well. I thought she was the only one. Lol. Honestly the toilet paper bothers me. I prefer it the other way. Blinds don't care. :)

Someone else also mentioned the car locking. That's me! I lock my car like 4 or 5 times as I walk away. Don't know why. Just can't help it. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One more... I check the mailbox twice... I stick the key in, open the box, pull out the mail. Close the box, then open it and check one more time to make sure I didn't leave anything in the box.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok so here are screenshots of my GMail labels that I use to organize my emails. I never have more than 3-5 emails in my inbox and then I start to organize them by labels. Sorry it might be a little long :D

Hahaha! My boss HATES me because I do this!! He has 4000+ emails just sitting in his inbox. My co-worker has multiple screens on her desktop because she keeps EVERYthing on it versus folders... Drives me nuts!!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha! My boss HATES me because I do this!! He has 4000+ emails just sitting in his inbox. My co-worker has multiple screens on her desktop because she keeps EVERYthing on it versus folders... Drives me nuts!!!

OMG That drives me insane! Our librarian has never installed a program that she didn't put a shortcut on her desktop, or saved a file anywhere but...the desktop. I'm not sure why she bothers with wallpaper, cause you can't see it through the icons! I freaked her out once by hiding all the icons. She hasn't a clue how to use the Start button on Windows to get to anything.

Ipheuria has the right idea with Gmail labels. Everything must get sorted. (Although I dare say, I've never seen that many labels! I don't get that much email!)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OMG That drives me insane! Our librarian has never installed a program that she didn't put a shortcut on her desktop, or saved a file anywhere but...the desktop. I'm not sure why she bothers with wallpaper, cause you can't see it through the icons! I freaked her out once by hiding all the icons. She hasn't a clue how to use the Start button on Windows to get to anything.

Ipheuria has the right idea with Gmail labels. Everything must get sorted. (Although I dare say, I've never seen that many labels! I don't get that much email!)

LOL it bothers me if I see more than 3 emails in my inbox. So about 20% of those labels have only 1-10 emails.

Tell me about the screen full of icons and files, working in IT I see that every freaking day. I have many users with 10GB desktops because of all the files they store there. I tell them over and over that it can become corrupt from such a large size and it makes Windows open so much slower but do they listen NOO not until their profile becomes corrupt :D I've seen icons organized in boxes, spirals, pacman eating pellets(that one was pretty cool).

The toilet paper and the blinds I'm the total opposite the roll has to go downward and the blinds have to close downward it just feels like that's the right way to me LOL.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW