Safari for Windows

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
So with the release of Safari 5 for PC, anyone use it? I'm thinking of trying it out... I've been a longtime user of Internet Explorer... (I know, sad, but true...)

Any thoughts?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I love Google Chrome (having my extensions set), but want to use IE9 as I started using a windows phone, but always loved Safari on the PC until it started eating my resources. I have a decent machine, running 7 and 8gb of ram... I should never feel that way. A friend of mine has had a lot of good things to say about FF, so I started using that as well.

Before I go back to Safari, is it still a resource hog? Most on here are mac users.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So with the release of Safari 5 for PC, anyone use it? I'm thinking of trying it out... I've been a longtime user of Internet Explorer... (I know, sad, but true...)

Any thoughts?

Safari is about as fat and bloated on PC as iTunes, it is a resource hog. Besides FF4 is pretty great and dare I say IE9 is actually impressive as well.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I never could hop aboard the FF train. I installed, tried it out for a bit.. but always went back to IE.

Chrome I almost went to because of the speed tests showing it was the fastest Win 7 browser at the time, but then IE 9 came out and it was pretty, simple, and faster. (and some of the new features were awesome!)

Safari does seem to be using a lot of memory, but so far I'm not noticing that all that much. Lately IE has been having some issues loading websites and hanging up - so far Safari has been pretty smooth. I'd like to find a one browser solution instead of using IE for 90% of everything and then switching to FF to load the couple of sites that are being a pain on Internet Explorer (Though on IE, these sites are becoming less and less so it may be more of a "have patience" thing ;))

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
well there are a few things im not al that happy with, it's not 100% functional on windows however I do love the new Reader view!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner