Reconverted to apple - Hello, My name is...

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I do not enjoy wasting valuable forum space with useless posts such as this one, so I apologize in advance. This place has been a wealth of Knowledge and a bit of interesting banter... Thank you for the knowledge.

Once again, I am new to the Iphone world after a 2 year hiatus on sprint. Part of the time with an EVO and the part with a motorola junk phone. Consider me pleased with all of the updates and changes over the last 2 Iphone generations. This thing is a work of art (I know, I know.. I am late to the game, this has all been hashed over last year... And I did not wait for Iphone 5 because contract was up now)

I am trying not to get all teary eyed over this, but oh how I missed cydia and the ease of customizing my phone. While android is a great mobile platform, i never really felt as though I fully "moved in" to my phone. I was constantly loading new roms, tweaking settings and having to completely re-setup my phone. Now I do miss the heft of the EVO, what a big manly phone that is. I'll just have to fill up the extra pocket space with another useful gadget... (any ideas?)

I just wanted to say Hi and that I look forward to being a contributing/active member on this forum. I guess I should thank Steve Jobs as well for making a nice piece of mobile interweb/email/gaming hardware...that makes phone phone calls.

Cheers,

Mike

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you miss the battery life of the EVO? :p

That is funny! I always...always carried a spare battery with me. Out of habit my first day with the IPhone around 7 hours of use I found myself sub consciously attempting to pry off the back cover, then I looked at the charge and found I still had 40% charge! That was a major plus!

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That is funny! I always...always carried a spare battery with me. Out of habit my first day with the IPhone around 7 hours of use I found myself sub consciously attempting to pry off the back cover, then I looked at the charge and found I still had 40% charge! That was a major plus!

Haha, HTC phones usually aren't known for a good battery life.

Never liked the idea of a spare battery. One more thing to lose, plus it means I'd need to buy a battery charger in addition to the battery. Feels like a lot of extra $.

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... There was some buyers remorse once I realized the battery life. Amazon sells battery chargers + spare battery relatively cheap, considering the price to replace iPhone power supply... But I hear it is much less an issue with the 4. Loving my up time right now. Evo is a great phone and the google integration makes up for some of the shortcomings.... Happy to be back with Mac though.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... There was some buyers remorse once I realized the battery life. Amazon sells battery chargers + spare battery relatively cheap, considering the price to replace iPhone power supply... But I hear it is much less an issue with the 4. Loving my up time right now. Evo is a great phone and the google integration makes up for some of the shortcomings.... Happy to be back with Mac though.

I love integration. I might take a look at WP7 in the future because of that.

And I'm afraid of the cheap no brand batteries I find at Amazon. I think they'll blow up or something :p

I only buy one made by the phone manufacturer (if its available on Amazon) or a trusted brand that makes extended batteries.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner