Greetings everyone.

Last year I posted about a school fundraiser, so I thought I would do so again. If the posting rules have changed since then, I apologize (just let me know).

Every year, my daughters elementary school hold a Renaissance Fair fundraiser. This is their primary fundraiser for the school. As part of the fundraiser, the school holds a raffle for a variety of prizes (ten in total), and the children are expected to sell tickets (without going door to door). In fact the "instructions" specifically say "please do not let the children sell the tickets".

In the past, they have had prizes for the top ten male and female ticket seller (who were awarded a trophy, crown, a prize, and the title like "Princess of the Fair"). Last year, with your help, my daughter was the 4th highest female ticket seller, and was the "Duchess of the Fair". This is a picture of her hold her trophy (the pink cheeks is from a face painting, not makeup) - I can't get the image to post, so here is the link.

http://www.vitekweb.com/family/Famil...ition=download

This year, presumably due to budget cuts, they are only giving four prizes total this year (presumably they don't want to spend as much money of prizes for the students). As far as I know, they aren't doing any "titles", and who knows if they will be giving away trophies again. However, my daughter still would like to be one of the top sellers.

If you are interested in purchasing a ticket, please let me know. The tickets are $1 each. The deadline for selling them is Monday, April 18 (much less notice this year). Money can be sent to me via paypal (send it as a gift to avoid fees), and I will hold your ticket for you in case you win. The prizes include
    • 21 inch iMac
      46" falt screen TV
      a BBQ pit
      iPad 2
      Two person Swing
      A gift certificate for $300 from a local eatery
      a Nook
      a Kindle
      $100 Simon gift card
      $50 gas card

Depending if someone wins something like that local eatery gift card or the barbecue pit, we can work out how to get them the prize. If you have any questions, please let me know. If you want to buy a ticket(s), just PM me with your information. Money can be sent via paypal to cjvitek @ yahoo dot com. If you prefer to send a check or something, let me know and I can send you my address.

Thanks for your support, and the Duchess of the Fair from last year thanks you as well!

Chris

BTW, just to give you an idea of the numbers, last year she sold a little more than 275 tickets, and was the 4th highest female seller.
    04-06-2011 02:43 PM
    Up to $240 with about a week to go...and we haven't hit up the grandparents yet.
    04-11-2011 09:18 PM
    Up to $240 with about a week to go...and we haven't hit up the grandparents yet.
    Nice! Looks like you can beat last year's total!
    04-11-2011 09:25 PM
    We are not up to $355 - we past last years $280! Thank you everyone!
    04-13-2011 09:22 AM
    One last update, since the money is due on Monday. We are up to $395! You guys are awesome!
    04-14-2011 01:06 PM
    It is up to $420.

They have actually extended sales through Thursday, so if there are any late interested parties, let me know. I don't have any more tickets (wife turned them all in) but I can get more if I need to.

Chris
    04-18-2011 06:36 PM
    The final total was $420. Thanks again everyone, and my daughter thanks you as well (See below). In the picture, she is drew an iPhone and an iPad (the Ipad is playing Tiny Wings).

Chris

PS - if the picture doesn't show up, let me know.
    Last edited by cjvitek; 04-24-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    04-24-2011 06:29 PM
    Well, the raffle was the other day, and unfortunately no one won. We are still waiting to hear if she was in the top 4 sellers or not!

Chris
    05-06-2011 10:22 AM
    Well, thank you all for your support. Elizabeth's party event (no longer a renaissance fair, no more costumes, no more king and queen of the fair, all due to budget cuts) is tomorrow. Unfortunately Elizabeth did not place in the top 4 despite selling 420 tickets. I thank you all for your support (and too bad no one won any prizes!).

Hopefully next year it will be back to the way it was previously, but given the proposed education budget in Texas, I am not hopeful.

Thanks again everyone, and Elizabeth is extremely grateful for your help and support!

Chris

CORRECTION: Despite information provided yesterday, it turns out that Elizabeth WAS one of the top four sellers in the school. Third place actually. She is ecstatic, positively beaming.

Thank you all!
    Last edited by cjvitek; 05-13-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    05-12-2011 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD