Leaving the forum

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I am seriously thinking of deleting my profile and withdrawing from this community.

This is no longer an enjoyable place to chat about iPhone issues. There are a few, very few, people that seem to believe that confrontational banter and personal attacks on ones views is normal and how a forum should work. I do not agree. For the most part, I really enjoy sharing ideas and learning new tips. But lately, I find myself being stressed and angry when I visit this site because of this type of behavior

So in the interest of being an "adult" I shall leave and no longer subject the rest of the readers to my arguments with this particular person, as I know I too have a part in these. I have allowed myself to regress into adolescence just to argue with this guy. I do not wish to relic that part of my life

I am not sure why I felt the need to post this publicly. But perhaps it is something that needed to said. I dunno.

Peace out tipb

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I know several people on this forum who are starting to feel the exact same way. I am one of them, I thought this issue had been taken care of my the staff here for the most part?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Please rethink this. We need the "grownups" on here. We don't always catch all the little petty stuff, so it's important to keep reporting it. This is still a really nice place to hang out.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'll second Alli. Do rethink this decision.

I'm not sure what the extent of your "relationship" with he-who-shall-not-be-named is, but it appears that your decision to leave may be more emotional than rational (yes, I can see that he has been pushing all the wrong buttons - you're not alone in your reaction).

Like Alli says, TiPb needs the more rational "grownups" here to balance out the few that seem to make it their mission to spread their petty little agendas.

Take a deep breath, count to 10 (or 100)...and rethink. If you still feel it's the right decision, then so be it.

Reactions: Alli

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Please rethink this. We need the "grownups" on here. We don't always catch all the little petty stuff, so it's important to keep reporting it. This is still a really nice place to hang out.

This is exactly the case. The fact of the matter is this forum continues to grow and with the growth you will get all kinds of characters and more heads will begin to clash. It's just the nature of a forum. The only thing we can do is report issues and the moderators will do their best to clear up issues and keep the forums running as smoothly as possible.

And Chobbs1, don't let someone run you out of town. By doing that all you are doing is letting them win.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
This is exactly the case. The fact of the matter is this forum continues to grow and with the growth you will get all kinds of characters and more heads will begin to clash. It's just the nature of a forum. The only thing we can do is report issues and the moderators will do their best to clear up issues and keep the forums running as smoothly as possible.

And Chobbs1, don't let someone run you out of town. By doing that all you are doing is letting them win.

I agree. I think that the mods do a very good job responding to inappropriate posts. I think that this is a much more civil space than many I have been in.

All that said, it is always helpful to get a friendly reminder.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I am seriously thinking of deleting my profile and withdrawing from this community.

This is no longer an enjoyable place to chat about iPhone issues. There are a few, very few, people that seem to believe that confrontational banter and personal attacks on ones views is normal and how a forum should work. I do not agree. For the most part, I really enjoy sharing ideas and learning new tips. But lately, I find myself being stressed and angry when I visit this site because of this type of behavior

So in the interest of being an "adult" I shall leave and no longer subject the rest of the readers to my arguments with this particular person, as I know I too have a part in these. I have allowed myself to regress into adolescence just to argue with this guy. I do not wish to relic that part of my life

I am not sure why I felt the need to post this publicly. But perhaps it is something that needed to said. I dunno.

Peace out tipb

You needed to say it because it needed to be said, I have felt the same way many times. Perhaps not with the same person but I mean in general with a specific person but there are so many people on here that I love posting with or reading their views on things. I also love helping people I see having problems that might have to wait a couple hours longer if I don't answer. So whenever I see the person in question in my case I usually just skip over their post and continue reading the rest of the post.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I tell you guys what...you deff. don't have to convince me where the siding is in this fight, i'll happily step away because honestly, it grows quite boring and tiresome having to refrain from saying...well...ANYTHING without one of the people here taking personal offense to it...and it's funny too because several times we've had discussions, i've made both on topic and civil conversation and someone who isn't even RELATED to the convo steps in and tries to make an argument about it...what the hell is that?

Anyways...before i waste much more time, i'll simply say this, since apparently even the mods (who can see the posts, have read the posts, and i hope can pretty clearly see that personal attacks are not a part of my "agenda" lmfao...i don't do it unless provoked...i try to make some healthy conversation and debate, and i get met with people who would rather dance around with smiles on their faces holding hands with each other than actually trying to participate in a forum community full of various types of people).

I bow out...im going to sign out and remove the bookmark from my mac so that it's not tempting to come back for any reason. Chobbs...since apparently your world was destroyed by this and you're such an innocent by stander, stick around man...you're such a helpful member of the community i wouldn't think of taking your place when you leave...and don't text and drive...it means instant death apparently. (still butt hurt from that i can tell)

Adios TiPb...it's been...well, it's been something.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I tell you guys what...you deff. don't have to convince me where the siding is in this fight, i'll happily step away because honestly, it grows quite boring and tiresome having to refrain from saying...well...ANYTHING without one of the people here taking personal offense to it...and it's funny too because several times we've had discussions, i've made both on topic and civil conversation and someone who isn't even RELATED to the convo steps in and tries to make an argument about it...what the hell is that?

Anyways...before i waste much more time, i'll simply say this, since apparently even the mods (who can see the posts, have read the posts, and i hope can pretty clearly see that personal attacks are not a part of my "agenda" lmfao...i don't do it unless provoked...i try to make some healthy conversation and debate, and i get met with people who would rather dance around with smiles on their faces holding hands with each other than actually trying to participate in a forum community full of various types of people).

I bow out...im going to sign out and remove the bookmark from my mac so that it's not tempting to come back for any reason. Chobbs...since apparently your world was destroyed by this and you're such an innocent by stander, stick around man...you're such a helpful member of the community i wouldn't think of taking your place when you leave...and don't text and drive...it means instant death apparently. (still butt hurt from that i can tell)

Adios TiPb...it's been...well, it's been something.

I don't think anyone has pointed you out at all honestly. I'm not sure why either of you would just suck it up and carry on. It's a forum and it's going to be full of opinions. That is the point no? I've been on many forums and have had many run ins with a lot of people. No reason to leave. If I thought you did anything wrong you would have heard from myself or another moderator.

While I respect every forum members decisions I'm not sure why everyone just can't get along.

Reactions: BrindawithanI

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Stick around bro. It will calm down. This reminds me of when CB when the Storm released a couple of years ago and that calmed down. Just take a small break

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah man, leave for all I care. Windows Phone 7 Rulez! :p

Actually, I've noticed this too. I really don't care what people use and I really hate hearing it from people about some people using iPhones. Gets on my nerves.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Not everyone on here knows as much as some members about iPhones. There is too much sarcasm and pettiness. I joined because I liked CrackBerry and am still active there, but I no longer have a BB so I wanted an iPhone forum. Everyone needs to act like ADULTS, and show a little bit of common courtesy and thoughtfulness. We are all here because we all like our device. It's too bad that a handful of morons ruin it for everyone else.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Part of the problem with any forum - or any method of communication that relies strictly on the written word (e.g., email) - is that we don't have the visual and/or auditory clues that would typically help us give more context to what is being communicated like we otherwise would - like in a face to face conversation for example. What a poster "might" think he or she is saying can all too easily be interpreted in an entirely different manner than intended by a reader.

And the more varied the users of a forum are (age, education levels, subject experience/expertise etc.) the more easily this misinterpretation between writer and reader can happen.

All I can suggest is that when you write a post, re-read it with a more objective eye. Remember that while it may be entirely obvious to you, what you're saying and the manner in which it is being said, may not be so obvious to those that will read it.

My 2cents worth....

Reactions: iquinn

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

I so agree with Alli, You have been such a help on this forum. Wouldn't it be better to just block whomever is the problem for you. It's clear that you have enjoyed it here for a long time. It would be better to just stay and give it time to clear up.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been here long so maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I've been a member of other forums for a long time and I think it's basically the same thing. The first thing that comes to my mind is why does it have to be so serious? If I enjoyed being somewhere (online or otherwise), I wouldn't let someone chase me away over a simple disagreement. I understand that it can sometimes be more than a simple disagreement and it can become a displeasure, but it's up to you to decide that you're above it and that it has no bearing on your life. It took me years to learn to be that way, but you have to if you want to participate on these boards and not constantly be upset by something. In the last few months I had a guy that I didn't know (who clicked on the link in my signature on saw my picture on Twitter - which prompted him to do this) send me a very strange message wanting to start an online hookup or something and while it was a bit weird and slightly disturbing, I just had to laugh at it and didn't even reply. That was my strangest encounter, mainly because the only exchange we had ever had prior to that was when he told me to "sit down little boy," which isn't something you'd say to someone you like. Shortly after though, came the most offensive. Some crazy chick decided this whole forum (not this forum, but another forum that I frequent) was racist and took it out on me because I said the word ghetto (even though I was talking about a white person at the time [she claimed that only black people can be ghetto, so it seems to me she was the racist]). It was incredibly offensive (because as far as I'm concerned, that's the worst thing [racist] you could ever call me) but it taught me this lesson more than anything else online ever has. You can't let someone else dictate how you feel, especially when you don't know them and they don't know you. After all, forums are merely a place for socializing, sharing information, and entertainment. It's really not that serious.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think i'm headed out the door too. I'll check in on the front page now and then. Can't stomach a lot of the newer users. I guess the T in TIPB stands for teen now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice