Leaving the forum

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think i'm headed out the door too. I'll check in on the front page now and then. Can't stomach a lot of the newer users. I guess the T in TIPB stands for teen now.

Don't let the behavior of a few miscreants drive you away... ignore the wazoos. Once all the Verizon iPhone hype dies down, things will get better.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not only that, once the Verizon hype dies down, a lot of these kids will find other places to hang out. (Maybe they'll join the spammers somewhere.)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've said this before and I'll say it again, it is a forum that is starting to pick up a lot more traffic and the more people here the more head clashes will happen. It's just a forums nature sadly. People's opinions will clash and there really is nothing that can be done unless rules are broken. If you go to any other forum that has been established for many years you will see that what he have here currently is pretty calm.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
One of the reasons I came here was because it was a smaller base, more grown up posting audiance. I think most of the pre-teen GED holding posters do all the posting on the front page. I rarely post there anyway.

Most of the people on twitter I follow I found through this website. :)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Most of the people on twitter I follow I found through this website. :)

I knew I should have gotten off this site sooner!!:D:p:D:p

chobb1. Don't let let the Morons of the world bother you to much. Unfortunately some peoples life only has meaning when they try to tear others down. Sad I know but you meet those people every where. We just can't let the "little" people of the world push us out.;)

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm staying!

This forum is in no way as bad as CB was getting which is why I don't check the forums over there anymore. (well...that and the fact that I have an iPhone now) There were some threads over there that were just verbal fist fights. Depressing really. I hope that chobbs and sean BOTH stay as I've gotten a few great TiPs from both. They'd probably be friends if they knew each other personally. (Maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but you get what I mean!) You just have to remember to treat others as you would be treated and everyone will get along just fine... most of the time! =)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Meh. Get over it. I actually think this forum is relatively calm with minimal angry banter. Ever been on Macrumors? They get hostile, with teckstud usually leading the way. Or whatever handle he uses on a particular day. Yes there are a few people that cause trouble from time to time, me included, but I don't think I've attacked anyone directly. I know I've received points and been warned several times, but that's the nature of the beast.

As other posters have said, this site is growing and with growth comes more of an undesirable crowd. There are plenty of good people on here who contribute postively, me included at times. Hell I've even gotten Jeremy S. to agree with me on one or two posts, although I am sure he fought the urge. If you have to go, then go. If you choose to stay, just put those people on ignore. I am sure I am on some ignore lists.

Be well.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna stay, I'm just gonna put the "ignore" button on any and ALL Auburn Tigers fans. Those guys are kinda strange... :eek::p

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Meh. Get over it. I actually think this forum is relatively calm with minimal angry banter. Ever been on Macrumors? They get hostile, with teckstud usually leading the way. Or whatever handle he uses on a particular day. Yes there are a few people that cause trouble from time to time, me included, but I don't think I've attacked anyone directly. I know I've received points and been warned several times, but that's the nature of the beast.

As other posters have said, this site is growing and with growth comes more of an undesirable crowd. There are plenty of good people on here who contribute postively, me included at times. Hell I've even gotten Jeremy S. to agree with me on one or two posts, although I am sure he fought the urge. If you have to go, then go. If you choose to stay, just put those people on ignore. I am sure I am on some ignore lists.

Be well.

OMG! Macrumors is the worst. I just got banned from that pathetic place last month. People over there have such thin skin that they can dish it out but can't take it in.

Someone was acting childish and I asked him if he was late for home room class. That got me banned. So then I unfollowed Macrumors on Twitter and reported their twitter name as spam. LOL

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Everyone has very valid points. The problem the way I see it is that a forum is a place for thoughts and opinions. There is no cut and dry right and wrong in opinions and thoughts. So the problem I see is when someone has an opinion but thinks it's fact. Then there's the problem of people who can't let comments roll off their back. I mean honestly it is the web, an inanimate object that shouldn't impact your life. When I get on here I go through the threads where someone is asking for help for something I might be able to help. I do tired of alot of misinformation, bad attitudes and a few people who ruffle my feathers.

I think you guys are right it's time for me to take off.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Most people dont have the nerve to say in person what they say in type to a person's face.

Its a general lack of civility that has become pervasive in today's society.. even more so a message boards.

Unfortunately there is no escaping it.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I tell you guys what...you deff. don't have to convince me where the siding is in this fight, i'll happily step away because honestly, it grows quite boring and tiresome having to refrain from saying...well...ANYTHING without one of the people here taking personal offense to it...and it's funny too because several times we've had discussions, i've made both on topic and civil conversation and someone who isn't even RELATED to the convo steps in and tries to make an argument about it...what the hell is that?

Anyways...before i waste much more time, i'll simply say this, since apparently even the mods (who can see the posts, have read the posts, and i hope can pretty clearly see that personal attacks are not a part of my "agenda" lmfao...i don't do it unless provoked...i try to make some healthy conversation and debate, and i get met with people who would rather dance around with smiles on their faces holding hands with each other than actually trying to participate in a forum community full of various types of people).

I bow out...im going to sign out and remove the bookmark from my mac so that it's not tempting to come back for any reason. Chobbs...since apparently your world was destroyed by this and you're such an innocent by stander, stick around man...you're such a helpful member of the community i wouldn't think of taking your place when you leave...and don't text and drive...it means instant death apparently. (still butt hurt from that i can tell)

Adios TiPb...it's been...well, it's been something.

Just to be clear that situation I was referring to had absolutely nothing to do with you. You and I shared another common problem here. I just reported it to the admins and let them handle it, if it happens again I am hoping for a more permanent solution. If not I'll find somewhere else to spend my online time. All in all its the internet, it shouldn't be this serious...

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
When it becomes this upsetting and this serious, it's time to put down your mobile device and enjoy the rest of the apects of your life. Never let cell phone stuff get you so upset. Stay and enjoy yourself because you'll eventually run into the same thing in another forum.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
When it becomes this upsetting and this serious, it's time to put down your mobile device and enjoy the rest of the apects of your life. Never let cell phone stuff get you so upset. Stay and enjoy yourself because you'll eventually run into the same thing in another forum.

Well said and good point. I think this place will die down and will remain the best place that we iusers have come here for, great communication with others and as well as getting news and great tips for our products.

We can't let little things get to us, it's a forum. As she said, you will always run into this type of stuff somewhere else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner