Hey everyone,

I'm a blackberry owner that got my hands on an Iphone 3g. Before you jump on me for having a Blackberry please understand that I really don't care which phone is better. I think the Iphone from what I've seen is a superior device but that didn't stop me from getting a blackberry. I enjoy using all pieces of technology to enhance my day to day activities.

At the moment I'm going to continue using my Blackberry as my primary phone and my Iphone for "fun"

Before I begin searching the forms for "how to's" and etc... is there anywhere in particular I should begin? I'd like to understand how to make the most of this phone and essentially maximize the things the Iphone do that blackberry cannot.

Thanks for all your help.
    08-21-2010 08:21 AM
    I would just start reading the sticky threads and familiarizing yourself how the forum breaks down into sections. I always read by hitting the "New Posts" button - it helps you keep up on the hot topics.

As to the things the iPhone does that the BB can't..or does better, it's pretty simple. The BB excels at email. It continues to kick the iPhone to the curb for email. It also handles notifications better (but so do most feature phones - sigh). The overall experience of the iPhone is still superior, and it puts everything together far better. Third party apps are the way to go, whether you're talking securing your passwords, meetings, or games.

Have fun, and welcome to TiPb!
    08-21-2010 09:32 AM
    I would just start reading the sticky threads and familiarizing yourself how the forum breaks down into sections. I always read by hitting the "New Posts" button - it helps you keep up on the hot topics.

As to the things the iPhone does that the BB can't..or does better, it's pretty simple. The BB excels at email. It continues to kick the iPhone to the curb for email. It also handles notifications better (but so do most feature phones - sigh). The overall experience of the iPhone is still superior, and it puts everything together far better. Third party apps are the way to go, whether you're talking securing your passwords, meetings, or games.

Have fun, and welcome to TiPb!
    I agree that the notification system is inferior to most other platforms but I don't think that the argument that the BlackBerry excels at emails isn't really true. I've had several BlackBerries (pre-HTML support and post-HTML support) and I find that the experience on the iPhone is much better; it's true HTML email, unlike the BlackBerry.

But, I guess to each their own.
    08-21-2010 10:07 AM
    good post i'm new to the iphone too. thanks for the help everyone that posts
    08-21-2010 10:32 AM
    Thanks for the quick response!

It seems 90% of the time a blackberry users meet iphone users it ends up in a big debate over which phone is better. Luckily that wasn't the case.

All I'd like to do is learn how to use this phone to maximize its capabilities.

So far I must say that I've been very happy with my ipone. Can't wait to see what else I can do with it.
    08-21-2010 12:27 PM
    I agree that the notification system is inferior to most other platforms but I don't think that the argument that the BlackBerry excels at emails isn't really true. I've had several BlackBerries (pre-HTML support and post-HTML support) and I find that the experience on the iPhone is much better; it's true HTML email, unlike the BlackBerry.

But, I guess to each their own.
    What good is seeing HTML email if it won't push - or even auto fetch - all folders on an account? Even my Centro could notify me of new mail in any subfolder. iPhone email is awful.
    08-21-2010 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD