Did owning an iPhone make you want a Mac?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Nope, the iphone doesn't make me want a Mac. Not when a PC is much better. If anything, it discouraged me. While the heavy control i can deal with for now with a phone..not so on a desktop.

I use both daily and fail to see how any one is better than the other? there are things I love doing on my PC that are so much easier in Windows and there are things my Mac just blows my Windows PC out of the water. I've never understood the age long debate about one being better than the other but maybe that's just me. How is the desktop heavily controlled on the Mac? if anything it's much easier to run cracked software on the Mac since there is no registry and very few Mac software until recently used Serial #s.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Nope, the iphone doesn't make me want a Mac. Not when a PC is much better. If anything, it discouraged me. While the heavy control i can deal with for now with a phone..not so on a desktop.

May I ask what heavy control you speak of? Because everything I did on my PC/Laptops, I can do them all on the Mac, not too mention slightly better too....so I am just curious...I understand the "heavy control" of the phone, but not the Mac side to be honest

ssampath

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Recently I bought a higher end Dell Laptop - Studio 15 with Quad core and 1080P display etc. - The problem with it is that the fonts/icons... are just not the right size for the display, the multi-touch pad does not work well, the system gets so hot its no longer a laptop but a desktop and the battery last for < 2hours. For my daughter we bought a Mac Book Pro and of course she has none of these problems!

If you are buying for price I think it is OK to buy a $500-700 PC laptop - but it makes no sense to buy a high end PC laptop as for the price, you expect things to just work and they do not! I think I am done buying PC/Windows Laptops!!!

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Yep. Got my 3GS July 1 '09, WinXP desktop died Jan. '10. I had thoughts about buying a Mac before I got the iPhone, but actually experiencing the integration of the iPhone's OS & HW sealed the deal when my PC was given last rites. Immediately thereafter I came home w/a MacBook & could not be happier w/all things Apple. :D

metalmike

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
went out sold my dell laptop today bought a macbook pro and everything is easier or the same plan on dual booting it with xp just for kicks now just trying to figure out how to get my music off my ipod to the new mac is the challenge

jcdaniels

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
went out sold my dell laptop today bought a macbook pro and everything is easier or the same plan on dual booting it with xp just for kicks now just trying to figure out how to get my music off my ipod to the new mac is the challenge

i always used senuti (itunes spelled backwards) ; it's so much easier to do on a Mac than on a windows pc.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
May I ask what heavy control you speak of? Because everything I did on my PC/Laptops, I can do them all on the Mac, not too mention slightly better too....so I am just curious...I understand the "heavy control" of the phone, but not the Mac side to be honest

No blu-ray support.

Limited selection of hardware.

Lack of upgrades.

Limited software.

Overpriced.

office on windows is more reliable and featured.

I did mean to say a PC is better..for me. I understand people have different needs and a Mac may fit your needs better.

bbaggins

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
A year or so ago I bought a refurbished Mac Mini to use as a music server (my first Mac). Today, my Sony/Windows 7 laptop has taken over as the music server and the little Mini is used primarily for all other duties. Have a Vizio 26" 1080P monitor on the Mini and am very happy. Truth be told, the Mini helped me decide to switch from BB to the Iphone 4.

gilroykilroy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I would upgrade to a Mac if I had the $$$ to do it, and if I hadn't already invested way too much money in software.

You do know there are very good ways to run PC software on a Mac: VMWare and Parallels

You could also use bootcamp to simply install and boot up a Mac as a Window's machine in those instances you need to.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
YES! in the past year I've bought an iPod touch, and iPad and an iPhone and I'm finding myself wanting a Mac. Now to be fair I've wanted one for a while but could never justify the price for a piece of equipment that I would have to learn to use.

There's not that much to learn how to use one... only thing that took me a while to learn how to do was copy and paste lol who would've thought two fingers on the pad instead of one lol

And I owned the 1st Gen iPhone for about 3 months before getting a MacBook... and I'm still using it today...wouldn't go back to a PC if they paid me lol

justinleon

Oct 19, 2008
Visit site
I actually had a MacBook before but I switched BACK to PC. The Mac seems to "fisher price" to me. I wanted more flexibility and windows 7 gave it to me.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Windows based PC's for many years. I initially got an iPod Touch, graduated to an iPhone 3GS June 2009. In 2009, I ended up getting a MacBook Pro and Mac Mini. These computers have made my life really happy.

I have personally never understood the big deal between the two platforms. We all have a choice to make and some will like Windows and some will like OS X. I still use Windows at work, but if I had my way we'd switch tomorrow to OS X.

I have to say, I know Windows.. I've know it since 3.1. I know everything there is to know. I learned every aspect of Windows from figuring out screwed up drivers, to why certain DLL files are causing me error message. Yep, I KNOW WINDOWS!

Now with that said, I have to say I really don't know OS X at all and you know why? Because the damn thing just works and I've never had to get to know it. I do what I want, when I want so there is no need for me to get to know it. That is what an OS should be like.

If that is too Fisher Price, I'll take it! I've yet to find anything I can't do on a Mac! So, all these folks saying you can do so much more on a PC, it is nonsense. Folks that have actually tried OS X know this.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had all iPhones since first release and I love my Dell laptop. I have been curious about the macs, but I'm happy with my laptop for now and 7 is great so switching just isn't worth the money right now.