NFL Discussion thread

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
How da <expletive> did the Eagles get a home playoff game? lol

Right? I mean it’s simple...regardless of record, the Division Winners get byes or home games...but logically you would think that when they went to 4 division and 2 wildcards they would just seed them by record. As an Eagles fan I’ll take it.

Only ridiculous thing is that typically being the 4 seed the Eagles would get one less day and play the Saturday NFC game, apparently they are the Sunday NFC to give Seattle an extra travel day from West to East coast.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
At this point the only way that his ‘cliff’ comment about Tom Brady comes true is if he’s in the driver’s seat, Tom Brady is in the passenger’s seat, and Max decides to reenact the last scene from the movie ‘Thelma & Louise.’

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Congrats to the Minnesota Vikings on a great win against the Saints. I hated to see my brother in laws team lose, but the Vikings played better and deserved the win.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Jason Garrett is officially out in Dallas. Now, Jerry needs to hire a coach and let him coach.

It’s interesting they interviewed Lewis and McCarthy before even firing Garrett. Also some Urban Meyer rumors floating around. Even as an Eagles fan I can’t deny the talent on the Cowboys at the skilled positions (assuming they work out the Dak situation). If they don’t get someone in there who can maximize their talent it’ll all go to waste.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Not here to make excuses. Some think the Eagles would have won if Wentz wasn’t injured in the game. I’m not so certain. McCown played well enough. Not a turnover or single 3 and Out. Just couldn’t put it in the end zone. Seahawks with 7 sacks and pressure all day.

No clue how Wentz would have played. As a huge Eagles fan I’d like to think Wentz would have pulled it off, but we’ll never know. What I will say is that hit was nasty. Clowney straight helmet to helmet on purpose to a QB sliding and giving himself up. Clowney should be suspended or at least fined heavily. Even though my Birds are out, I’m excited about the rest of the playoffs.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe retire, or move on to another team.

Maybe, maybe not, He said he doubts retiring. 20 years with a team don't see him going anywhere to start over. And I don't see Pats moving on with just a rookie QB, but you never know. Oh, and they said the same stuff last year!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It’s interesting they interviewed Lewis and McCarthy before even firing Garrett. Also some Urban Meyer rumors floating around. Even as an Eagles fan I can’t deny the talent on the Cowboys at the skilled positions (assuming they work out the Dak situation). If they don’t get someone in there who can maximize their talent it’ll all go to waste.

The latest rumor is they want a head coach with NFL experience. But who knows we’re talking about Jerry Jones.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
McCarthy somewhat in hot water already. During the interview process apparently he sold himself on the idea that the Cowboys had all the weapons they needed, but were missing a coaching staff to get it done. He said he watched every Cowboys game and knows how to correct their mistakes. Later after accepting the job he was asked by media and trouble recalling most of the Cowboys season at all. It’s somewhat comical that the lies started even before being hired

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal