NFL Discussion thread

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I usually don’t question the calls in a game, but that roughing the passer call against the Chiefs was the worst call I have seen in a Championship game, absolutely terrible call.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I usually don’t question the calls in a game, but that roughing the passer call against the Chiefs was the worst call I have seen in a Championship game, absolutely terrible call.

Guess you didn't see the pass interference call, that didn't get called in the saints game.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Guess you didn't see the pass interference call, that didn't get called in the saints game.

I guess you missed the two blatant face mask calls the saints committed against the rams that where not called and if where called, that PI play would have never happened because the rams would have ran out the clock?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don’t get mad at my Patriots. Get mad at the Chiefs for failing to beat them........Love ‘em or hate ‘me, if you want a Super Bowl championship, you still have to go through New England.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Man, that was great to see the Saints get screwed on that PI call. That's what happens when you have a head coach who wants to throw the ball on that last drive instead of running it and making the Rams use their timeouts and instead gifted them clock stoppages. They absolutely deserved to lose and it couldn't have happened to someone more deserving than Sean Payton.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Don’t get mad at my Patriots. Get mad at the Chiefs for failing to beat them........Love ‘em or hate ‘me, if you want a Super Bowl championship, you still have to go through New England.

I love Tom Brady who is a future hall of famer as much as any NFL football fan. What bothers me is these NFL referees seem to always have way too many suspect calls?

As a Lions fan, we know this first hand when they robbed us of a playoff spot with that terrible call on Calvin Johnson against the Cowboys, which cost us the game we should have won to take us to the next round of the playoffs.

What really concerns me is the NFL is loosing a lot of its hardcore fan base because of these calls and all the rule changes of which have ruined the game we hard core fans once loved. Just my two cents worth.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I quit the NFL... The Patriots need to go away.

(Laughing)....The same reaction occurs with every dynasty team. In the NBA, it’s occurring with the Warriors, and in college football, it’s beginning to happen in regard to Alabama and with Duke in college basketball.

“To be The Man, you’ve got to beat The Man...”

~Ric Flair

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What really concerns me is the NFL is loosing a lot of its hardcore fan base because of these calls and all the rule changes of which have ruined the game we hard core fans once loved. Just my two cents worth.

The calls, Goodell, & their moral compass. I fall into all of the above! I stopped watching the actual games a couple years ago & get all my info during the game from the ESPN app. Gamecast is pretty nice! I’m a diehard fan, so I had to think of ways to get game info without actually giving the NFL my money...whether it’s ratings or ticket sales. Hopefully, it doesn’t have to reach a point where I just let it go all together, but I can honestly see that happening.