NFL Discussion thread

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
And this is where the comparisons between Farve and Winston will end.

Macus Mariota had a pretty decent debut... and Terrell Suggs is out for the season already - torn achilles tendon. The Cardinals may have lost Andre Ellington for a bit - reports say strained (possibly torn) PCL... Dez Bryant has a broken bone in his foot and will miss some games... Jets rookie linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin was carried off the field on a back board...

The Bears stayed true to form and laid an egg against the Pack - and Cutler is still overrated, and I took it in the shorts in my FF match. Kind of "business as usual". :D

I thought the Bears played better than I expected. I don't expect a lot again this year. Maybe 5 wins again.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Whew. The Falcons pulled it out. They still looked like the same old Falcons.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ugly *** win...I can't even be proud of it, but I'm happy for the W.

Here's what I learned watching that game...

- Offensive line looks slightly better than it has in the past (which isn't saying much).
- Defense looks GREAT in flashes and familiar in other flashes...that does not bode well when you have to play your heart out for the entire 60min. to win, and you could see them winded WAY too often.
- Matt Ryan looked a little less ice cold and a little more lukewarm...2 interceptions (one that was UGLY), and one almost interception that as extremely ugly but thankfully too much for the defender to handle.
- Our #1 draft pick gets a big fat goose egg when it comes to sacks tonight...and we brought him in to sack the QB, so yeah, thanks buddy.

...what looked good?

- Julio Jones...damn son, that kid is good.
- COLEMAN! I really like that kid...I have since we drafted him. I hope we've found a stud RB in him because we've needed one!
- Slightly better pass rush.
- Dan Quinn looked more passionate in this one game than I can say about Mike Smith for the entire time he was in Atlanta.

1-0...Rise Up.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ugly *** win...I can't even be proud of it, but I'm happy for the W.

Here's what I learned watching that game...

- Offensive line looks slightly better than it has in the past (which isn't saying much).
- Defense looks GREAT in flashes and familiar in other flashes...that does not bode well when you have to play your heart out for the entire 60min. to win, and you could see them winded WAY too often.
- Matt Ryan looked a little less ice cold and a little more lukewarm...2 interceptions (one that was UGLY), and one almost interception that as extremely ugly but thankfully too much for the defender to handle.
- Our #1 draft pick gets a big fat goose egg when it comes to sacks tonight...and we brought him in to sack the QB, so yeah, thanks buddy.

...what looked good?

- Julio Jones...damn son, that kid is good.
- COLEMAN! I really like that kid...I have since we drafted him. I hope we've found a stud RB in him because we've needed one!
- Slightly better pass rush.
- Dan Quinn looked more passionate in this one game than I can say about Mike Smith for the entire time he was in Atlanta.

1-0...Rise Up.

I totally agree.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Adrian Peterson was a non-factor tonight. And to think that we had an all out bidding war for him in our FF league.

I would have preferred a 0-0 tie since the 49ers are in the Cardinals; division and the Vikings are in the Bears' division...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...after AP wasted my first round pick last season, I ignored his *** this season and I'm happy for it. Vikings looked like a scrub team tonight, and the 49ers AINT that good.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Can't believe both dogs won tonight.

Peterson looks weird getting handoffs in shotgun formation. RB's in this league are starting to become less and less important while just having 2 or 3 guys share the load is becoming more common. It doesn't really surprise me with AP.

The NFL is different now than even five years ago. Make sure you have a good to great QB, protect him with a good to great line, and have a good to great D-Line to disrupt the other team's QB.

Remember years ago when people couldn't believe that the Texans wanted Mario Williams over Reggie Bush? By then the league figured out that pressuring even the greatest of QB's in big games was a one-way ticket to success. That's what the Patriots showed everyone whenever they'd play the Colts. As a matter of fact, they initially showed that in the 2002 Super Bowl against the Rams.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And a pet peeve: guys need to be taught how to tackle starting at the amateur level instead of making big hits. Watching the Cowboys and Falcons missing all these tackles because these guys are more worried about getting big hits and all is kind of pathetic. The art of just making a basic tackle is really lost these days.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And a pet peeve: guys need to be taught how to tackle starting at the amateur level instead of making big hits. Watching the Cowboys and Falcons missing all these tackles because these guys are more worried about getting big hits and all is kind of pathetic. The art of just making a basic tackle is really lost these days.

Wrapping up a player...its an elementary level piece of tackling that these NFL caliber players seem almost uninterested in. I mean sure, ESPN highlights get you your seasonal 15min. of fame, but when your team goes 6-10, who the hell cares? I was so frustrated last night watching the Falcons...William Moore can sure as sh*t lay the big helmet to helmet hit to make the crowd go nuts, but ask him to actually wrap up Sproles? No thanks, I'd rather him run for another 30 yard sprint.

Falcons are on their way to an 8-8 season with no playoffs at this rate...only saving grace is the rest of the NFC South looks like garbage too (again).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Wrapping up a player...its an elementary level piece of tackling that these NFL caliber players seem almost uninterested in. I mean sure, ESPN highlights get you your seasonal 15min. of fame, but when your team goes 6-10, who the hell cares? I was so frustrated last night watching the Falcons...William Moore can sure as sh*t lay the big helmet to helmet hit to make the crowd go nuts, but ask him to actually wrap up Sproles? No thanks, I'd rather him run for another 30 yard sprint.

Falcons are on their way to an 8-8 season with no playoffs at this rate...only saving grace is the rest of the NFC South looks like garbage too (again).

That was another sad game for the Falcons even though they won, they looked like the same old Falcons. I thought a new coaching staff would make a difference, obviously it doesn't. Maybe they will look better as the season goes along, I sure hope so.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That was another sad game for the Falcons even though they won, they looked like the same old Falcons. I thought a new coaching staff would make a difference, obviously it doesn't. Maybe they will look better as the season goes along, I sure hope so.

I was pretty pissed last night, but over all, the defense IS definitely improved over what it was before. My big concern is O-line...it looked pretty similar, which is NOT a good thing for a QB entering his 30's.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I really hate Draft Kings and Fan Duel. Just shut up already. Enough. We get it. Fantasy Football is big. Enough is enough. I understood that it was part of the podcasts I listen too. Now it has just gotten out of hand.

Carry on...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I really hate Draft Kings and Fan Duel. Just shut up already. Enough. We get it. Fantasy Football is big. Enough is enough. I understood that it was part of the podcasts I listen too. Now it has just gotten out of hand.

Carry on...

You think that's bad? Try playing Madden '16...they will join a game with you and purposely throw the game so you go up a couple of touchdowns and then they go "Man, you're really tearing it up! Have you tried draft kings?" and then they play a recording while you sit there and they let the pause timer run out over and over again until it boots them from the game. And they just change their name over and over again to something relevant to draft kings but you don't realize it until after they are going on and on.

It's so annoying.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You think that's bad? Try playing Madden '16...they will join a game with you and purposely throw the game so you go up a couple of touchdowns and then they go "Man, you're really tearing it up! Have you tried draft kings?" and then they play a recording while you sit there and they let the pause timer run out over and over again until it boots them from the game. And they just change their name over and over again to something relevant to draft kings but you don't realize it until after they are going on and on.

It's so annoying.

Are you kidding???? I'm assuming this is the online portion while playing? It's more disgusting than annoying. That's beyond bad ads. Just invading video games like that.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
425af1685115409f02dda620ee9b0aff.jpg

SIGHHHHHHHHHHH

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding???? I'm assuming this is the online portion while playing? It's more disgusting than annoying. That's beyond bad ads. Just invading video games like that.

Online multiplayer...and they wait until you're into the game before they start up the marketing BS. If they just started right off the bat, I'd just quite pre-game, but once you're in the game, it screws up your record, so they know you won't just quit and leave. I just mute it once it starts and wait for them to get booted...then report them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh