NFL Discussion thread

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Indeed. The world is a safer place today with both Hernandez and Jodi Arias locked up for life with no possibility of parole.

I still find it crazy that prior to this murder, the same two men had a scuffle in a Florida night club while in college, and Tim Tebow separated the two (since he played with Hernandez at the time in college).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's weird that this is such big news, because I was under the impression we KNEW the NFL was going to reinstate him, and most people have just been sitting back wondering if the Vikings were going to give him a chance again or let him go.

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they traded him to Dallas for their 1st round pick. Controversy is nothing new to Jerry and he will gladly take the talent.

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Here's to hoping that my team finally finds a way to the promise land this season. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know who my team is! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
1st round of draft is over. How does everyone feel about their favorite teams pick? I'm a die hard Colts fan, and love the offense so I'm pumped to see Phillip Dorsett in a Colts jersey. Also, I've been a bit of a Mariota fan watching him play at Oregon, so I hope he does good except for when he matches up against the Colts two times a year. Next, my Colts need to go after some of my Razorback defensive players like Trey Flowers. I'd be very happy.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Falcons made a safe selection for a pass/edge rusher we desperately needed. It'll be nice to see the QB's under pressure...it's felt like opposing QB's have had YEARS in the pocket against our defense for the last couple of seasons.

I was not really surprised by any of the picks this year with the exception of maybe Gurley...I figured he would be a late 1st rounder at best, but I think the hype machine played into that (and the fact that the Rams haven't had a good back since SJax left).

You guys pick up of Dorsett was solid...He was a stud at the U, and I have a feeling he's going to be a stand out player in the NFL because he was a bit underrated in his draft stock.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It was a fairly conservative first round. It will take some time to see how anyone did.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually a little shocked the Falcons went with Tevin Coleman over Duke Johnson in the 3rd round...they have similar builds, but I felt Duke had better showing in his college career with some explosive speed and a decent ability to get to the outside for large yardage pick ups. I never watched Coleman much, but reading about his college career, I kind of feel like Duke was the better of the two. I'll be honest, I expected Duke Johnson to go in the 2nd round...

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I've heard tons of Miami fans praising Duke Johnson when running back Alex Collins was trying to pick between Arkansas or Miami to go to college. That's when I started looking at his game. He looks like he can do good in the NFL. Can't wait to see him in action.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Duke is going to have to bulk up a bit more, in my opinion. He's an excellent college running back, but it's not difficult for teams to contain him. Having said that, if you give him a seam to run through, it will be difficult to stop him. He should do well in a year or two. I doubt he'll make an immediate impact. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73