NFL Discussion thread

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I know. Every year I get my hopes up for the Bears and I know it is just preseason, but that was an embarrassing performance.

I'm with you. I was excited for this season and I guess I still am. But they have a ways to go before they can be competitive consistently with the elite teams. All the talk had been about the defense being improved. They looked slow against Seattle.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you. I was excited for this season and I guess I still am. But they have a ways to go before they can be competitive consistently with the elite teams. All the talk had been about the defense being improved. They looked slow against Seattle.

I knew the defense wasn't going to be much better than last year. What I'm worried about is that for the last year, the Bears had become an offensive team. Well the offense looked horrible. So if the defense is already suspect and the offense isn't there. I don't see how we can expect to even make the playoffs. There was even hype that Cutler would be in the running for MVP this year. That's a joke.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Pre-season guys...pre-season. Week 3 you're watching a slightly more developed conditioning session for the guys with full time jobs, and the last couple of breaths from the guys who are trying to get hired. Don't put too much into these pre-season games, good or bad.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Pre-season guys...pre-season. Week 3 you're watching a slightly more developed conditioning session for the guys with full time jobs, and the last couple of breaths from the guys who are trying to get hired. Don't put too much into these pre-season games, good or bad.

I know. But it is hard. I just can't wait for the season to start.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I agree Sean, I hate preseason games. I thought this game would be a good test to see where they're at. Let's get the season started.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Preseason games can be very frustrating because nobody's trying to tip their hands and show off their real plays just yet. I have to wonder how many teams will hit the switch and look excellent in Week 1

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use the NFL Now app? I just signed up for the premium service and wanted to know if it will live stream all of the games?

lol...nope. Not even close...the primary function of that app was to bring highlight features in real time (sort of like Game Day on ESPN, which is free), and you get all the TV shows that NFL Channel offered (like A Football Life and such).

You will not get live streams of any games as far as I can tell specifically with that app...in fact, the only live streaming service of games that I can see from any NFL.com/NFL Channel product are the random Thursday night games they stream anyways for free to everyone.

The only way to get all games live is to sign up for an NFL package with your cable/satellite service...and it would be substantially more than $1.99/month (try several hundred dollars per season).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
lol...nope. Not even close...the primary function of that app was to bring highlight features in real time (sort of like Game Day on ESPN, which is free), and you get all the TV shows that NFL Channel offered (like A Football Life and such).

You will not get live streams of any games as far as I can tell specifically with that app...in fact, the only live streaming service of games that I can see from any NFL.com/NFL Channel product are the random Thursday night games they stream anyways for free to everyone.

The only way to get all games live is to sign up for an NFL package with your cable/satellite service...and it would be substantially more than $1.99/month (try several hundred dollars per season).

As an eight year veteran of DirecTV, I managed to "negotiate" my cost for NFL Sunday Ticket all the way down to $219 for Sunday Ticket, RedZone, and Mobile access. Not really a deal, but it is what it is. Sadly, DTV is still giving the package away to new subscribers. And the standard, non-discounted cost of the package is over $300.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
As an eight year veteran of DirecTV, I managed to "negotiate" my cost for NFL Sunday Ticket all the way down to $219 for Sunday Ticket, RedZone, and Mobile access. Not really a deal, but it is what it is. Sadly, DTV is still giving the package away to new subscribers. And the standard, non-discounted cost of the package is over $300.

Cant believe what they want for the package, but I must have my football.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods