NFL Discussion thread

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Crabtree just lost an opportunity to go to the Super Bowl, what other reaction would you expect from him? Sherman was trying to get a rise out of him, without a doubt. I didn't think any less of him after his comments/outburst, and this does not make me think more highly of him after this.

I understand the whole "new school" idea with these younger players, and I can honestly give Sherm a pass given the energy level having just made that play. However, in general I think he's just a TINY bit conceded and will one day in his career look back and say to himself, "Yea, that was a little much".

As an aside, Manning is a pretty smart guy and I don't think he'll target anyone Sherman is covering unless the coverage is blown and the opportunity is there. He wants that ring in ways Sherman can't even comprehend yet.

GO BRONCOS!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe he was trying to get a "rise" out of him...maybe he was honestly just trying to say good game. We don't really know here...

What we DO know is that Crabtree, instead of saying something back to him, shrugging him off and continuing to walk away or even yelling in his face...he decided to push Sherman's face/helmet.

So do we KNOW what Sherman's intentions were with his "Good game!" gesture? Nope...but we sure know what Crabtree's were.

I mean here's the thing, so many wanted to call Sherman the "unclassy" guy here, wanted to highlight him as the guy who was causing this drama...but in reality, the evidence shows something different. It shows a guy who just lost his opportunity to go to the super bowl displaying his anger and irritation by physically pushing Sherman, who did not do anything worthy of such.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I beg to differ, but OK.

You can beg to differ all you want, but I'm speaking on clear evidence here, not opinion.

My OPINION of this matter is that Sherman is a mouth and Crabtree was intolerant of this gesture he was offered (combined with being pretty pissed off that his pass from Kaepernick was the one that sent them to their living rooms to watch the super bowl). My OPINION says that Sherman probably had more than a shove to the helmet coming...but I don't have any evidence to back that up in this specific situation, I just have what I saw on the video...which was to the contrary really.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe he was trying to get a "rise" out of him...maybe he was honestly just trying to say good game. We don't really know here...

What we DO know is that Crabtree, instead of saying something back to him, shrugging him off and continuing to walk away or even yelling in his face...he decided to push Sherman's face/helmet.

So do we KNOW what Sherman's intentions were with his "Good game!" gesture? Nope...but we sure know what Crabtree's were.

I mean here's the thing, so many wanted to call Sherman the "unclassy" guy here, wanted to highlight him as the guy who was causing this drama...but in reality, the evidence shows something different. It shows a guy who just lost his opportunity to go to the super bowl displaying his anger and irritation by physically pushing Sherman, who did not do anything worthy of such.

You are spot-on, sir, and I'm a big Niners fan.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
You are all supremely naive if you think Sherman had any other intention with that "gesture" than to get a reaction out of Crabtree. He knew Crabtree was pissed that he missed the catch, they have an established rivalry, he knew exactly what he was going to get out of that. Even watching the video, nothing in it can possibly say otherwise. As has been said, this didn't happen in a vacuum.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So the guy says "Hell of a game!" and sticks his hand out to shake it and some how this is the instigating factor vs. someone who physically pushes another player (by the head no less) because he's pissed? LOL! Give me a break...Sherman might be an a$$hat and run his mouth, but trying to make him the bad guy in this specific incident when Crabtree decides to get physical with him is ridiculous.

And nothing in football happens in a vacuum...it's all related to some rivalry or crap talking or previous game or previous action or blah blah blah.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, it has very little to do with Sherman's intentions...it was the actions that took place. Do I expect everyone on the field to be the "get along gang" and just shake hands and be good sports? HELL no...I'm not even like that in something as trivial as softball. I'm quick to tell someone boasting (even in a friendly "civil" manner) to F' themselves...but I'm not going to go and shove someone's head because I'm grumpy over a loss.

Crabtree fired up the Sherman inferno, and he sparked the response he got after the game because of his actions. Had he just flipped Sherman off or walked away telling him to go screw his mom, Sherman probably would have laughed all the way to the NFC championship trophy stage...instead, he pushed him, like a little chump, and he got called out for it.

I just think it's funny that so many people called Sherman classless without any regard to what Crabtree did.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If people could only get this worked up over things that actually matter in the world... I couldn't care less about either of them...

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
What Sherman did is not classless shouldn't judge anyone's actions or words when game just ends. They are still in game mode. That switch hasn't been turned off yet. Sherman was mic'd during the game, he told Crabtree "hell of a game" and got slapped in the facemask for it. Say what you want about him but I would love if he played in New Orleans.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to have him in Denver, he's a hell of a CB.

All I'm saying is that he knew the reaction he'd get from Crabtree, he is not a dumb person, just a little too outspoken at times.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't find a single report of Champ Bailey making any crazy remarks, he's been a pretty humble guy for as long as he's been around and he is one of the best. Now a days, the horizon is fast approaching and he's just not a physical as he used to be. We'll see how Sherman stacks up after a few more years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro