NFL Discussion thread

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to share this tweet from Adam Schefter:

RT @AdamSchefter: Looks as if Vince Young has won Packers backup QB job. Packers are releasing QB Graham Harrell.

Nice! From what I've seen this preseason, he's earned it. 😉

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have absolutely loved the entertainment coming out of the New York Jets this pre-season...what was a pitiful and sad state last season has become an obvious and comical situation this year. How could they stick with Mark Sanchez and not trade WAY up to snag a legitimate QB in the draft? Geno Smith? Come on, the guy was obviously never going to be some stud NFL QB...if arm chair GM's like so many fans are see this, how do the people making the big bucks within the NYJ's not see it coming 2 seasons in advance?

I seriously cannot wait until pre-season is over. Get to see the teams actually playing football instead of this sand bagging that the front runners are showing to people for the last few weeks?

Also, a bit of bright news for Falcons fans concerning the first game of the season...the Saints seem to have lost BOTH of their starting DE's, which just further degrades their defensive front. Rob Ryan is going to have his hands full getting that group together and functional against the top teams in the NFL (including the Falcons).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have absolutely loved the entertainment coming out of the New York Jets this pre-season...what was a pitiful and sad state last season has become an obvious and comical situation this year. How could they stick with Mark Sanchez and not trade WAY up to snag a legitimate QB in the draft? Geno Smith? Come on, the guy was obviously never going to be some stud NFL QB...if arm chair GM's like so many fans are see this, how do the people making the big bucks within the NYJ's not see it coming 2 seasons in advance?

I seriously cannot wait until pre-season is over. Get to see the teams actually playing football instead of this sand bagging that the front runners are showing to people for the last few weeks?

Also, a bit of bright news for Falcons fans concerning the first game of the season...the Saints seem to have lost BOTH of their starting DE's, which just further degrades their defensive front. Rob Ryan is going to have his hands full getting that group together and functional against the top teams in the NFL (including the Falcons).

Some people see it as retribution for wasting Tebow's time and talent....😜

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Packers have released Vince Young, leaving a practice squad QB to handle their backup QB duties. Patriots have released Tebow as well.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Packers have released Vince Young, leaving a practice squad QB to handle their backup QB duties. Patriots have released Tebow as well.

Just saw that and it's puzzling seeing as they released their back up Graham Harrell a few weeks ago to make Vince the back up. Something must have happened we don't know about yet to warrant his release.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just saw that and it's puzzling seeing as they released their back up Graham Harrell a few weeks ago to make Vince the back up. Something must have happened we don't know about yet to warrant his release.

Yeah, that must be true. I can't see a team handing the backup QB role to a practice squad QB out of nowhere

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
As seen via Facebook.... NFL Memes... Weather delay? No, that's just God saying he can't stand Ryan Seacrest at NFL opening night either. :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How ironic is it that the NFL/NFLPA won’t let 22 guys run around on the field with lightning in the area, but it’s ok for the 76,000+ people in the stands (largely steel seats) while the lightning is flashing around them...

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
How ironic is it that the NFL/NFLPA won’t let 22 guys run around on the field with lightning in the area, but it’s ok for the 76,000+ people in the stands (largely steel seats) while the lightning is flashing around them...

I was thinking the same thing Fausty.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods