NFL Discussion thread

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Holy sh*t...lol. The football gods frowned on top seeds this week...Tom Brady showed up with 2min. left, what a frickin' joke. He's consistent 99.999999999% of the time, and today he was just not...

Nobody was talking about a GB rushing attack until that one game...be honest with yourself, the Packers didn't have a ground attack peep until that one game, and they didn't do anything with it against Atlanta either...didn't need to, Aaron Rogers prison raped us.

actually, if you watched them from the beginning of the season to the end, you'll notice the amount of backs they were using dropped (started using 5-6 a game) while the amount of carries increased. yards isn't everything as rushing keeps the clock going. in the beginning of the season, they would pass on 3rd and 1, 2nd and 1 or even have Rodgers sneak versus giving it to a back to punch through a hole. towards the end, that changed. that is what i was referring to.

and yes, everyone was talking about their rushing attack, just not in a positive light. a lot said that w/o it, they would lose a lot of games because when passing, they would stop the clock if the receiver didn't catch the ball or they were pushed out of bounce immediately.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling the Jets are about to get exposed, not to take anything away from beating the Pats, but their swagger doesn't fit their caliber of play thus far, they show gem stones in certain areas at certain times, but they've also played some poorly prepared teams, i think the Steelers will MAKE them put all their puzzle pieces together, and i have not seen that from the Jet's so far in the late regular season and the first 2 rounds...just my opinion though.

actually, if you watched them from the beginning of the season to the end, you'll notice the amount of backs they were using dropped (started using 5-6 a game) while the amount of carries increased. yards isn't everything as rushing keeps the clock going. in the beginning of the season, they would pass on 3rd and 1, 2nd and 1 or even have Rodgers sneak versus giving it to a back to punch through a hole. towards the end, that changed. that is what i was referring to.

and yes, everyone was talking about their rushing attack, just not in a positive light. a lot said that w/o it, they would lose a lot of games because when passing, they would stop the clock if the receiver didn't catch the ball or they were pushed out of bounce immediately.

I thought it was pretty obvious i was talking about anyone speaking on their rushing game in a positive light...which didn't start until the end of the season. I understand that it changed at the end of the year, that was my whole point, there was no supporting talk about the Pack's rushing game until they had a rookie break out, period...and i'm still not convinced they actually HAVE this "found" rushing game, i guess we'll see against the bears (in what is expected to be a blustery game, which will prob support more ground attack).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Alrighty...picks for the day (though with the way the season has gone thus far, this is prob a completely useless exercise, lol)

Packers/Bears = Packers by 14
Steelers/Jets = Steelers by 3

...which translates to Bears winning by 40 and Jets winning by 642. ;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Two fantastic games today. I'm looking forward to a Green Bay / Pittsburgh Superbowl. It will seem a little nostalgic, but I expect it to be at least as good as today's playoff games!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love being right...Rex Ryan literally looked like he was holding in a gigantic terd as mad as he looked during post game interviews, he was so angry that his terrible sportsmanship finally caught up with him...it wouldn't matter though, they would have been obliterated by the pack.

And as much as i know it wont happen, i hope the Steelers upset the Packers...long shot, and with the 3 games played thus far, Pitt deff has the tapes to watch to see what exactly has to be done to Rodgers to make him fail...so we'll see what happens.

The difficult reality is though...Green Bay Packers = Super Bowl Champions (95% certain).

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Oooooooooo I on the other hand am not a packer backer. Steelers all the way. They will stop Rogers. It's going to be a tight game. But I'm picking my Steel City by 3.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Roger Goodell to cut pay to $1 in event of lockout - ESPN

Roger Goodell ready to cut pay to $1

NEW YORK -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he will cut his salary to $1 if there is a work stoppage after the collective bargaining agreement expires in March.

Goodell, who makes about $10 million a year including bonuses, says in a memo to his staff that chief negotiator Jeff Pash will do the same. Pash makes nearly $5 million a year.

But Goodell emphasizes "the entire senior leadership team stands with me in its commitment to resolving the CBA issues with the player's union."

NFL owners opted out of the agreement in 2008.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

i will laugh my ASS off if they do not reach an agreement :D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's hilarious though that these guys actually make people think that their salary is their sole source of income, like they are doing a "noble deed" hahaha...these guys make so much money outside of that salary that they just giggle when they throw that out to the public to appease critics.

I don't think we'll have a strike though, too much money to be lost all around, even the hard headed people in the NFL and the commission will avoid losing that substantial amount of cash.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Roger Goodell to cut pay to $1 in event of lockout - ESPN

NEW YORK -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he will cut his salary to $1 if there is a work stoppage after the collective bargaining agreement expires in March.

Goodell, who makes about $10 million a year including bonuses, says in a memo to his staff that chief negotiator Jeff Pash will do the same. Pash makes nearly $5 million a year.

But Goodell emphasizes "the entire senior leadership team stands with me in its commitment to resolving the CBA issues with the player's union."

NFL owners opted out of the agreement in 2008.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

i swear to god if this $hit does not get straightened out he better do this..

got it, Roger?