Hey EVeryone! Im New to TiPb & New IPhone 3GS User!! Any tips or suggestion to a new user!
    04-23-2010 12:14 PM
    Be ware the app store. Once you start you don't stop, ever.

Welcome.
    04-23-2010 12:25 PM
    Yeah I seen that! I have a lot of apps already! I just cant get this FaceBook app to work properly! It wont give me notifications! Any suggestions?
    04-23-2010 01:50 PM
    First of all, return your 3GS. There's a new iPhone coming out in 2 months and you're going to really regret buying a 3GS.

Second, the facebook app is just horrible and it never works properly. Ever.
    04-23-2010 01:58 PM
    Welcome to TiPb and the iPhone. The 3GS is going to be great for you, yes there is a new iPhone coming this summer sometime but with OS 4 the 3GS is going to be fine. The FB app is messed up, FB has really done a crappy job with the notification system but it seems to be working better now. Make sure that you go into your settings so you can be sure that you have the notifications for that app turned ON.
    04-23-2010 02:14 PM
    Yeah I seen that! I have a lot of apps already! I just cant get this FaceBook app to work properly! It wont give me notifications! Any suggestions?
    The Facebook notifications are not good, always been that way, it's them not you.
    04-23-2010 02:27 PM
    First of all, return your 3GS. There's a new iPhone coming out in 2 months and you're going to really regret buying a 3GS.

Second, the facebook app is just horrible and it never works properly. Ever.
    I have read & seen the Blogs about the new IPhone & Im happy with my 3GS! OS 4 is good enough for me! @Everyone else who commented-Thanks! I see the app is horrible! I have my push notifications on! But its oat! I love my 3GS! I can do with the new one as long as I have OS 4! Any one with AT&T: Does AT&T have the program where you can upgrade every year?
    04-23-2010 02:55 PM
    I have read & seen the Blogs about the new IPhone & Im happy with my 3GS! OS 4 is good enough for me! @Everyone else who commented-Thanks! I see the app is horrible! I have my push notifications on! But its oat! I love my 3GS! I can do with the new one as long as I have OS 4! Any one with AT&T: Does AT&T have the program where you can upgrade every year?
    Yes AT&T lets you upgrade every year as long as you have been paying I believe $85+ per month on your bill.. could be $90+ but most customers are paying that anyway.
    04-23-2010 03:26 PM
    AT&T has a program where you can upgrade every year depending on your plan price ( login to the AT&T site and it will tell you when you are eligible to upgrade at the new customer pricing ). For example, I bought my iPhone 3GS in July, but I am not eligible for a new customer discount come January. If your bill is over $100 / month, then you should qualify for the early upgrades at 1x a year.
    04-23-2010 03:36 PM
    Yes AT&T lets you upgrade every year as long as you have been paying I believe $85+ per month on your bill.. could be $90+ but most customers are paying that anyway.
    It's definitely not $90+ as mine is just short of $100/month and I don't qualify for the once every 12 months according to their website.
    04-23-2010 03:37 PM
    im new too!!
    04-23-2010 07:25 PM
    @big9erfan, I think the website will tell you something different from an actual sales associate in June... Rogers let me upgrade last year an I don't spend over $100 a month. I have a hard time believing Rogers would be more lenient than AT&T
    04-24-2010 02:13 AM
    im new too
    05-07-2010 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD