No more Pre for me!

Jefola

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Greetings forum friends!

I'm new to this forum... came over from precentral.net... I had to free myself from the confines of Sprint's "dark side" to come back to AT&T... So, I'm a new iPhone owner... I couldn't be much happier.

Well, just wanted to put a quick post out there... I look forward to learning all I can about my new toy... uh... phone.

seb_or_sam

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! I'm curious... what do you like about the iPhone over webOS? Personally, I prefer webOS to the iPhone- the notification system is top notch (especially when you go homebrew and use LED notifiactions), the multitasking is awesome, it has a physical keyboard, has a beautiful UI, and it's totally open. Not to say I have anything against the iPhone... I love my iPod Touch! I'm a Palm fan and an Apple fan. But I'm getting fed up with this App Store rejection and delay bull****. Which is one of the reasons I jailbreak. I guess I'm just a control freak :p Anyway, welcome to the world of infinite Apps and awesome simplicity :) Have fun!

PS: Sprint is a mixed bag, from what I hear. The whole no Wi-Fi on the Pixi annoys me to no end, but I've never had it (I'm a Verizon person). But AT&T... the fact that you want to switch to them is curious. Out of the many, many AT&T users I know (most of who are iPhone users), the vast majority can't stand it. It's expense, and the coverage is lackluster to put it lightly.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Coming from someone who has used all the major carriers, i will tell you Brand (V) is by far the most expensive.. And AT&T gets better service where i am at anyway...
And Brand (T) may have THE BEST customer service, but otherwise is just a kid oriented provider (self admitted by company as aiming for the youth market) but service is laughable at best...Leaving Brand (S)...Ok enough about them...

But Welcome the the ever growing iphone addict world (myself included) And i came from Team Berry...*best move EVER* for me!

Last edited:

piaband

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! I'm curious... what do you like about the iPhone over webOS? Personally, I prefer webOS to the iPhone- the notification system is top notch (especially when you go homebrew and use LED notifiactions), the multitasking is awesome, it has a physical keyboard, has a beautiful UI, and it's totally open. Not to say I have anything against the iPhone... I love my iPod Touch! I'm a Palm fan and an Apple fan. But I'm getting fed up with this App Store rejection and delay bull****. Which is one of the reasons I jailbreak. I guess I'm just a control freak :p Anyway, welcome to the world of infinite Apps and awesome simplicity :) Have fun!

PS: Sprint is a mixed bag, from what I hear. The whole no Wi-Fi on the Pixi annoys me to no end, but I've never had it (I'm a Verizon person). But AT&T... the fact that you want to switch to them is curious. Out of the many, many AT&T users I know (most of who are iPhone users), the vast majority can't stand it. It's expense, and the coverage is lackluster to put it lightly.

Ya, I'm starting to feel like I am missing out with my iPhone. At first the app selection was amazing. But once I got bored of that, I started to notice all the things I dont like about Apple/AT&T....apps constantly being help up, like Flash. I dont care if Steve Jobs doesnt like Adobe. I want the choice of using flash on my phone. His personal preference doesnt change the fact that flash is EVERYWHERE.
Also, tethered jailbreak. Unfortunately, I got one of the new iPhones that has to be tether jailbroke. It is such a PITA. I hate having to contantly worry about my battery dying or a program crashing and having to reboot. If that happens, I will have to plug into a computer and re-jailbreak before I can use it again. I guess maybe flash support isnt such a good idea if it may cause me to need to reboot often.

All the awesome things I can do with jailbreak it seems like webOS can do without having to hack their phone to death. They have all the game emulators we have and almost all the good apps. Plus, the customization is endless over there. Diff wallpapers, ringtones, data-WIFI tethering, custom browser configurations, using the phone as a web server, using the phone as a WIFI file transfer external hard drive. I mean, it just seems like they come up with something new every day. And if I try those things, my iPhone will be bricked for sure.

Another, multitask and discreet notifications. I know only the Pre does this really well right now, but every time I see it, I want it. I wish this was standard on iPhones. I know it doesnt sound that great, but if anyone here has used backgrounder with proswitcher, they know how awesome multitasking is.

Another, Sprint is so dang cheap. the same plan that costs me $130/month over here costs $90/monthon Sprint. A two person family plan is $76/month with unlimited data and texting. I pay more than that for one phone!! A lot more....And now that they have free mobile to mobile (you can call any cell on any network, verizon, ATT, tmobile...its all free), I wouldnt ever come close to using my minutes.

Ugh, I'm getting tired of my iPhone....even more after writing that post.

Last edited:

seb_or_sam

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Ya, I'm starting to feel like I am missing out with my iPhone. At first the app selection was amazing. But once I got bored of that, I started to notice all the things I dont like about Apple/AT&T....apps constantly being help up, like Flash. I dont care if Steve Jobs doesnt like Adobe. I want the choice of using flash on my phone. His personal preference doesnt change the fact that flash is EVERYWHERE.
Also, tethered jailbreak. Unfortunately, I got one of the new iPhones that has to be tether jailbroke. It is such a PITA. I hate having to contantly worry about my battery dying or a program crashing and having to reboot. If that happens, I will have to plug into a computer and re-jailbreak before I can use it again. I guess maybe flash support isnt such a good idea if it may cause me to need to reboot often.

All the awesome things I can do with jailbreak it seems like webOS can do without having to hack their phone to death. They have all the game emulators we have and almost all the good apps. Plus, the customization is endless over there. Diff wallpapers, ringtones, data-WIFI tethering, custom browser configurations, using the phone as a web server, using the phone as a WIFI file transfer external hard drive. I mean, it just seems like they come up with something new every day. And if I try those things, my iPhone will be bricked for sure.

Another, multitask and discreet notifications. I know only the Pre does this really well right now, but every time I see it, I want it. I wish this was standard on iPhones. I know it doesnt sound that great, but if anyone here has used backgrounder with proswitcher, they know how awesome multitasking is.

Another, Sprint is so dang cheap. the same plan that costs me $130/month over here costs $90/monthon Sprint. A two person family plan is $76/month with unlimited data and texting. I pay more than that for one phone!! A lot more....And now that they have free mobile to mobile (you can call any cell on any network, verizon, ATT, tmobile...its all free), I wouldnt ever come close to using my minutes.

Ugh, I'm getting tired of my iPhone....even more after writing that post.

I know how you feel. I can't stand the idea of a tethered jailbreak. When my 16 GB first generation iPod Touch broke, I bought a 32 gig 1st generation iPod Touch just so i could jailbreak- the second generation touch couldn't be jailbroken at all then. I love the jailbreak world so much.

You're completely right. Apple is always talking about innovation as if they're the only ones who can do it. Yes, the iPhone is an innovative and ingenious product. But the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi are both innovative products. Maybe more so than the iPhone.
And yes, Background with ProSwitcher is just... nirvana. And who came up with it? Palm. Hell, my first generation iPod Touch, the most underpowered iPhone OS device ever made, can run 2, 3, 4 apps at once!

But the Sprint thing... yes, they're really, really cheap. But not for everyone. My current Verizon plan is a family plan, with 4 phones in it. And, sadly, if I were to get the same plan on Sprint, it would be more expensive than on Verizon. They're cheap for some, but there are always exceptions. I hate Verizon, I really do, but they're the cheapest for me. And now they have the Palm Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus! The Pre+ can run as many as 50 apps at once, by the way. That's awesome.

PS: While you're still on an iPhone, I'd recommend you install GRiP. It's in Cydia, it's free. It's makes notifications better. Of course, not as good as webOS or even Android, but it's better than it was. It's like Growl on the mac :) Good luck!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR