The meaning behind your User Name

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
"jglowe74". mine is basically my initials, name & birth year. "J" for Josh, "G" for my middle-name-that-shall-remain-a-mystery, "Lowe" is my last name. and for some unGodly reason my family has always pronounced it like "cow" or "now". so it's never pronounced correctly. anyway, then there's "74" for the year i was born.

this is pretty much my standard username for EVERY blog/forum/website i use. geez, i hope no one figures out my passwords, or i'm screwed. i've said too much...

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
DRTigerlilly - DR b/c i'm in the Dominican Republic, Tiger + Lilly to symbolize strength & femininity..the DR has now since taken on additional significance as i just graduated from medical school.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
big9erfan - I'm a big fan for the 49ers. Regardless of how well, or not, they do.

I made the name back around July of 1999, since then I've been known as 9er online. *shrug* it stuck.

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
astalavistadear--> thats wat i used to ppl wen i went online in '97 if sm1 pissed me off.. bin my id and mailing id since then.. used it quiet a lot of times in reality as well

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Bump7.gif

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Many of you may be too young to remember BBSs, or Bulletin Board Systems. There was no internet, at least not for regular folks. We would dial in to these systems directly via their own phone numbers and YES sometimes long distance applied. Anyways on these systems, and in the early days, or AOL, CompuServe (anyone remember them), Prodigy, etc I would always use the name phillykid. And in the BBS days I really WAS a kid, and I was (and still am) from Philly. (I'm 46 now) Anyways at one point on AOL I lost the original phillykid name, and had to select something else. At the time I had a 640k DSL account, so I picked PK640k, PK being short for PhillyKid, which many folks would shorten it to anyways. Then I started changing it as I had different types of connections, BUT finally I just decided to stick with pkcable.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Like Alli, mine is also off of my license, followed by what EVERYONE says when I give them the correct spelling. ;) And like Ipheuria, "i" didn't think it through...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Many of you may be too young to remember BBSs, or Bulletin Board Systems. There was no internet, at least not for regular folks. We would dial in to these systems directly via their own phone numbers and YES sometimes long distance applied. Anyways on these systems, and in the early days, or AOL, CompuServe (anyone remember them), Prodigy, etc I would always use the name phillykid. And in the BBS days I really WAS a kid, and I was (and still am) from Philly. (I'm 46 now) Anyways at one point on AOL I lost the original phillykid name, and had to select something else. At the time I had a 640k DSL account, so I picked PK640k, PK being short for PhillyKid, which many folks would shorten it to anyways. Then I started changing it as I had different types of connections, BUT finally I just decided to stick with pkcable.

Now you're bringing back memories. I tell my kids about the early days of the Internet and they have no idea what I'm referring to. They cannot fathom pre-world wide web. Anyway, I was associated with Compuserve. I started out with a 300 baud external modem and I was very active on the bulletin boards. Heck, that's where the games were and any other stuff you were seeking. By the way, do you remember the Genie service? Anyway, in regard to my username, it is nothing special. D is the first letter of my first name but heck, almost everyone calls me D anyway so my universal signature is Just Me, D.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

acecommander

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I've used acecommander ever since I got my first dial up email account free from juno.com. My wife and I rescue retired racing greyhounds, and one of them (Acecommander) was the last surviving son of a prolific and profitable sire named HB Commander. HB Commander sired over 4000 pups after a great racing career, and died before his time of a heart attack (go figure out why!)

We had Acecommander for over 10 years, and he was a regal, reserved, and loyal friend.

RIP
Ace2003.jpg

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a Marine thing. 0300 is the MOS (military occupational specialty) for Infantry, and Grunt is just a term for an Infantryman in the Corps. Semper Fi, and Oorah!:D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a Marine thing. 0300 is the MOS (military occupational specialty) for Infantry, and Grunt is just a term for an Infantryman in the Corps. Semper Fi, and Oorah!:D

Semper Fi, Devil Dog! My MOS was 2542 (CommCtr. Ops). Yeah, I was the guy locked in a vault dispersing information....lol

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 kids under the age of 2. My daughter will be 3 next month and twins girls are 17 months ...

Scarlet

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine is also my last name kind of, my last name is Wreaks, as in Wreaking Havoc not Reeks as in stinky. I'm always quick to differentiate.