Google Wave.

gbourland

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
Anyone have an extra invite? I am so curious to try it.

gabe.bourland at gmail.com thanks. I also ready an iphone app for gw is in the works.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Google Wave, as it stands right now, is great if you email everyone you need to participate in a wave. It is no more than a threaded discussion. The idea that they suggested it is what email would be if it were invented now is just plain wrong.

Google chat is better. The wave is impractical right now.

gbourland

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
Google Wave, as it stands right now, is great if you email everyone you need to participate in a wave. It is no more than a threaded discussion. The idea that they suggested it is what email would be if it were invented now is just plain wrong.

Google chat is better. The wave is impractical right now.

Thanks for the info, I'm a high school teacher and am trying to see if this has practical uses for me with school and media, thank you for the info.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I also teach high school! I have gotten tremendous use from Google Voice with my classes (tremendous, incredible, productive even!), but Wave...meh.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i agree with Justin.

i am the only one of my Gmail-using friends that has Wave access. that sucks.

from a business perspective and being in the training arena, i'd be very interested to get my fellow trainers from my office on Wave. we could do threaded discussions, after action reports on training projects, upcoming ideas, etc. i see it's potential, but without having members i interact with daily also on Wave, it's currently useless to me.

but first, i have to get the other trainers internet access...yeeeeaaahhhh. little behind the curve there.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The wave limitations/interface right now make it a glorified IM service that stores all past convos right now.

Eventually, it should be an awesome central collaboration center for documentation and brain storming, but right now, especially with the few number of people on it, it's just...not what it could be.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
and to have such a limited # of users...i mean, i signed up for an account 6 months to a year ago. and i just got granted access 2 weeks ago. that's a long time to wait and realize that now none of my contacts have a wave account and i am only given 8 invites... just not sure how to utilize this until it's open to everyone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW