little things you hate...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Not so little: when total strangers pet my service dog in training without my permission it takes 2 to 3 years of careful training to get a good service dog, and jerks who interfere set back a dog in training, the work is hard enough already.

That is most annoying! My Husband and I used to teach puppy obedience class and look at training club and a couple of different service dog organization’s with some puppies there with the puppy handlers. It was always an opportunity to educate people about service dogs and to help them learn the proper protocol with them. No matter what, people should always ask before putting them no matter what.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
That is most annoying! My Husband and I used to teach puppy obedience class and look at training club and a couple of different service dog organization’s with some puppies there with the puppy handlers. It was always an opportunity to educate people about service dogs and to help them learn the proper protocol with them. No matter what, people should always ask before putting them no matter what.

Oddly enough, on advice of her trainer, I removed the service dog vest and replaced it with a brass studded black leather harness, and sure enough, people stopped messing with her. Which means that people will respect fear before empathy or even just doing the right thing. It doesn’t speak very highly of the masses, tbh.

In public buildings she still needs the service dog vest but whenever I can, I avoid using it, now. The law leaves too much unclear,too many gray areas when it comes to service dogs so many people abuse it, which makes things really difficult for legit service dogs and their handlers.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Oddly enough, on advice of her trainer, I removed the service dog vest and replaced it with a brass studded black leather harness, and sure enough, people stopped messing with her. Which means that people will respect fear before empathy or even just doing the right thing. It doesn’t speak very highly of the masses, tbh.

In public buildings she still needs the service dog vest but whenever I can, I avoid using it, now. The law leaves too much unclear,too many gray areas when it comes to service dogs so many people abuse it, which makes things really difficult for legit service dogs and their handlers.

People just need to be aware of the proper way of greeting a service dog. Do you think education is warranted. Another gripe of mine is people who have pets certified as “service dogs” when they really aren’t. I feel that it jeopardizes authentic service dogs purpose of them.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
People just need to be aware of the proper way of greeting a service dog. Do you think education is warranted. Another gripe of mine is people who have pets certified as “service dogs” when they really aren’t. I feel that it jeopardizes authentic service dogs purpose of them.

Yep. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve seen legit service dogs get attacked by fake ones. And then the owners blame the service dog handler
Bottom line: to have a “real” service dog, you first need a diagnosis.
Then you need a letter of recommendation.
Then you need the proper dog with the proper disposition.
Then you need the training.

A service dog vest from Amazon with the “official service dog registration” is complete and utter bs.

MelCali82

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Not so little: when total strangers pet my service dog in training without my permission it takes 2 to 3 years of careful training to get a good service dog, and jerks who interfere set back a dog in training, the work is hard enough already.

We taught our kids to not go up and pet a persons dog/cat/dinosaur without asking permission from the owner first... service dog or not. Some of those dogs you see on a leash are basically like children to some owners. Why would you want some random person just go touching your "kid" without permission? lol

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I cant stand humidity. I was born in california but moved to florida when i was around 10. still havent gotten used to it.

I grew up in California & moved to Ohio when I was a teenager. I lived in Massachusetts & now I’m in NYC now & it still annoys me to no end LOL. Can’t wait to head back west!!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I hate when someone purposely takes up 2 parking spots!!! It drives me crazy!!!

I once saw an SUV parked across 2 spots... someone had gotten so angry they keyed the phrase “learn to park, a-hole” on the entire length of the car on the driver side.

And I stood there and laughed because I totally agreed.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
YouTubers needlessly (imo) bringing Apple into their videos discussing other OEM’s/products. Recently I was watching a video by MKBHD regarding the relaunch of the Samsung Galaxy Fold, and he got to a part in the video where he was praising Samsung for halting plans/preorders for the initial launch of the device, and going back to address the issues with it before releasing it again. When, out of nowhere he brings up Apple and says how if it had been Apple, they’d have gone ahead and released the device and would have blamed users for any issues with it - the old ‘you’re holding it wrong’ trope. Hmm, if that were the case, where’s the AirPower charging mat, Mr. MKBHD?? Oh, that’s right, it wasn’t up to Apple’s standards so it was NEVER put out on the market...
Yeah, Apple bad, everyone else good...
Smh...

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I once saw an SUV parked across 2 spots... someone had gotten so angry they keyed the phrase “learn to park, a-hole” on the entire length of the car on the driver side.

And I stood there and laughed because I totally agreed.

Hmmm. Something like that should be prosecuted as a class A misdemeanor. There is no excuse for vandalizing someone's property.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
People driving under the speed limit. Unless there is a mechanical issue with your vehicle or there is inclement weather, if you cant drive the speed limit, then stay off the roads.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal