little things you hate...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
OMG, the Android fanboys are losing their minds today. They even think Android was the first OS to have widgets. Weren't there widgets on OS X from the day it was released?

Go to Phandroid, and hear the other side of the story. Tim Cook can tell lies with the best of them. Now that Android passed Apple, he's getting worried. HaHa.:p

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well of course Android has passed iOS. It's installed on about 4,000 different devices. It's like the Windows versus Mac argument of the last decade. The Windows fanboys getting lathered up and declaring Windows is better because it's on more computers. Totally unqualified argument. And I don't think Tim Cook was lying. It's a fact that there is more malware on Android and most devices don't get the newest updates. For instance, my 4 year old iPhone 4 got iOS 7. How many 4 year old phones get Android 4.4.3?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well of course Android has passed iOS. It's installed on about 4,000 different devices. It's like the Windows versus Mac argument of the last decade. The Windows fanboys getting lathered up and declaring Windows is better because it's on more computers. Totally unqualified argument. And I don't think Tim Cook was lying. It's a fact that there is more malware on Android and most devices don't get the newest updates. For instance, my 4 year old iPhone 4 got iOS 7. How many 4 year old phones get Android 4.4.3?

ALL CEO'S LIE. It's part of doing business, whether you want to believe it or not. Tim Cook, and yes, even Steve Jobs, lied once in a while. That also goes for every Windows and Android CEO, as well. If you muddy the waters, consumers can't see the big picture. A little twisting of the facts, some altered graphs, and presto, your product is number one. When you were aboard ship, did you ever wind up someplace that you had been told you would never go to? Heave out and trice up, sailor.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
ALL CEO'S LIE. It's part of doing business, whether you want to believe it or not. Tim Cook, and yes, even Steve Jobs, lied once in a while. That also goes for every Windows and Android CEO, as well. If you muddy the waters, consumers can't see the big picture. A little twisting of the facts, some altered graphs, and presto, your product is number one. When you were aboard ship, did you ever wind up someplace that you had been told you would never go to? Heave out and trice up, sailor.
It's a fact that only 9% of android devices run the latest OS. And it's also a fact that androids fragmentation causes security issues and makes development harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a fact that only 9% of android devices run the latest OS. And it's also a fact that androids fragmentation causes security issues and makes development harder.

I don't believe that only 9% of all Android devices run the latest OS, but if Tim Cook says it's a fact, then it's a fact. NOT!!!!:talk-hand:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe that only 9% of all Android devices run the latest OS, but if Tim Cook says it's a fact, then it's a fact. NOT!!!!:talk-hand:

Okay, I just looked it up, and 13% of android devices are running the latest version. So Tim was a little off, but it's still shameful for google!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I just looked it up, and 13% of android devices are running the latest version. So Tim was a little off, but it's still shameful for google!

If you don't think that Android is making an impact on Apple, just wait until the iPhone6 comes out, and see how large the screen size is. I can't wait to hear Cook's explanation of that. HaHa.:p

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
If you don't think that Android is making an impact on Apple, just wait until the iPhone6 comes out, and see how large the screen size is. I can't wait to hear Cook's explanation of that. HaHa.:p

Wait..... We were talking about android fragmentation. Now you're trying to change the subject because I showed you just how bad android fragmentation is. I never said android isn't making an effect on Apple. It is. And competition is always good. But you're attempt to change the subject shows you're ignorance on the issue. Further more, android isn't a device. There are windows phone, blackberry, android, and many other OS's that run on devices bigger than the iPhone. Again, you're just showing off you're ignorance on this subject.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Wait..... We were talking about android fragmentation. Now you're trying to change the subject because I showed you just how bad android fragmentation is. I never said android isn't making an effect on Apple. It is. And competition is always good. But you're attempt to change the subject shows you're ignorance on the issue. Further more, android isn't a device. There are windows phone, blackberry, android, and many other OS's that run on devices bigger than the iPhone. Again, you're just showing off you're ignorance on this subject.

Yeah, especially since the iPad had the largest screen size before any Android tablet came out, right?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
You know what really chaps my a$$? When you stop in a parking lot to let someone walk across into the grocery store and they take their own sweet time about. They just mosey along and then don't even wave and say thanks. You just want to run them morons down.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You know what really chaps my a$$? When you stop in a parking lot to let someone walk across into the grocery store and they take their own sweet time about. They just mosey along and then don't even wave and say thanks. You just want to run them morons down.

You know, your foot could accidentally slip off the brake and hit the gas pedal. It can happen. Just saying. It's possible.:rotfl:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

No, you were talking about fragmentation, but remember that all cell phones can be hacked. The Android platform is more open than Apple's, that's true, but Android does have safeguards that can be implemented by the user, to insure safety. I went to Android(from Apple) years ago, because i wanted a more open and configureable platform, and i've never been hacked. A person using a cellphone today needs to be aware of all the security measures that are at their disposal. That's true for all devices.:p

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I. Hate. iTunes.

Why is it a song will go on my iPod perfectly fine but it'll get stuck on syncing device on my iPhone? No matter how long I leave my phone alone so it can sync, the song never goes on my phone but it syncs to my iPod in a matter of seconds.

I hate iTunes. HATE IT.