little things you hate...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand the ad pop ups that have become very strategic...understanding muscle memory setups where people quickly hit buttons on the screen that correspond with the game, so they pop up things right that exact spot so you end up visiting the website or app store page. It's so annoying...and they time them PERFECTLY, lol.

Those are the ones I'm referring to, my friend, and you're right. They're deviously strategic and I've already deleted the worst offenders. It's sad that it has come to this, isn't it? Smh.

tlbaker1

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
god i hate the new verizon commercial
"we have a map for that.."
i want to break something everytime i see/hear it.

I hate commercials, period lol!!! They are too loud, I,thought they were supposed to be quieter!! They are only good for going to the bathroom or doing something that you need to do and not miss the show. But, then again, we have the pause button for that lol!!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate commercials, period lol!!! They are too loud, I,thought they were supposed to be quieter!! They are only good for going to the bathroom or doing something that you need to do and not miss the show. But, then again, we have the pause button for that lol!!!

I don't mind them on typical broadcast television channels, but I despise then on apps, websites and any other video related item that I purchase.

tlbaker1

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind them on typical broadcast television channels, but I despise then on apps, websites and any other video related item that I purchase.

Yeah, I hate those too!!! On free apps they kill you will them so you can upgrade to the paid version. It worked on me with Words With Friends. I got so tired of the ads I broke down and bought the app. Lol.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate the unhealthy feeling I get after not having run for a while. I also hate the "I don't feel like doing this" feeling I get prior to making myself go running....lol....but I've got to do it because the great feeling I have afterwards is worth it..:)

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I hate customers that come in and think they know more about Verizon and wireless tech than I do. And I hate customers that lie about stuff.

"Customer service said if I come in here you would replace my phone AND give me a free screen protector."

Uhmm, no.. No they did not say that.

I hate it when customers come in and buy $100 blue tooth headsets then complain that their bill is too high.

I hate it when customers come in to pay a bill or buy an accessory then complain to me about how their phone messes up for every minor thing it does as if I can just make a new one appear and/or push an upgrade through. Am I supposed to feel guilty? It's a Samsung Gem, you wanted the free phone, go away.

Man, I need to get the eff out of the retail world.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate customers that come in and think they know more about Verizon and wireless tech than I do. And I hate customers that lie about stuff.

"Customer service said if I come in here you would replace my phone AND give me a free screen protector."

Uhmm, no.. No they did not say that.

I hate it when customers come in and buy $100 blue tooth headsets then complain that their bill is too high.

I hate it when customers come in to pay a bill or buy an accessory then complain to me about how their phone messes up for every minor thing it does as if I can just make a new one appear and/or push an upgrade through. Am I supposed to feel guilty? It's a Samsung Gem, you wanted the free phone, go away.

Man, I need to get the eff out of the retail world.

Hey, let all out! (Laughing)....Seriously though, that's how it is in retail, my friend. I hope your day gets better. In the meantime, breathe deeply and exhale slowly....:D

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey, let all out! (Laughing)....Seriously though, that's how it is in retail, my friend. I hope your day gets better. In the meantime, breathe deeply and exhale slowly....:D

Haha thanks man, I'm trying. I've taken a cigarette break an hour and a half into my shift... I never take one that early but goodness the difficult ones are just roaming today! It's been two years too long! I need to find a nice desk job where I don't have to do anything, or talk to any other human beings outside of the company, and that can match my salary. Then I'll be happy... But I'm aware that's a faded vision haha.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I hate it when my girlfriend makes me sleep on the couch because I don't "breathe through my nose" when I sleep. I don't even snore! She complains that I breathe! Who does that?! And whenever I sleep on the couch I wake up with a sore throat for some odd reason, never fails!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Haha thanks man, I'm trying. I've taken a cigarette break an hour and a half into my shift... I never take one that early but goodness the difficult ones are just roaming today! It's been two years too long! I need to find a nice desk job where I don't have to do anything, or talk to any other human beings outside of the company, and that can match my salary. Then I'll be happy... But I'm aware that's a faded vision haha.

Don't give up, my friend. Keep your humor & good attitude and remember, good things happen to those who persevere. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate it when my girlfriend makes me sleep on the couch because I don't "breathe through my nose" when I sleep. I don't even snore! She complains that I breathe! Who does that?! And whenever I sleep on the couch I wake up with a sore throat for some odd reason, never fails!

(Laughing)....I recommend you start sleeping with one eye open....:D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Out of curiosity...are these YOUR couch and bed? lol...because as much as i love my wife, and have for going on 15 years now, I'd tell her to kick rocks if she tried some stuff like that!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Is Mother Nature drunk? I love snow. I haven't seen it in a while.

At the Corn Patch, I got this earlier:
IMG_4729-1.png

At the same time when one of my best friends who lives outside Chicago hasn't gotten a flake of snow all year.

I guess when I said I missed seeing snow, someone took it to heart. Only upside is I get a free day off work due to weather. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I HATE Internet ads...UGH! I can't even read a complete article without having to be interrupted by an ad for a product that I am not interested in. If I want a certain product, I will seek and locate it. I don't want ads interfering with whatever I'm doing especially the ones that will not allow me to bypass. I don't mind them on TV or on the radio, but dang it, I don't want them in my apps or on the sites I frequent. To be fair, I'm willing to compromise. Leave ads only on the default/primary page of a website. Once I click on a link to go to a secondary or tertiary page, I should not see any ads.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I HATE Internet ads...UGH! I can't even read a complete article without having to be interrupted by an ad for a product that I am not interested in. If I want a certain product, I will seek and locate it. I don't want ads interfering with whatever I'm doing especially the ones that will not allow me to bypass. I don't mind them on TV or on the radio, but dang it, I don't want them in my apps or on the sites I frequent. To be fair, I'm willing to compromise. Leave ads only on the default/primary page of a website. Once I click on a link to go to a secondary or tertiary page, I should not see any ads.

I feel the same way man. Especially on those articles you try to read. Thank goodness for services like readability and pocket.

Tapatalking

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way man. Especially on those articles you try to read. Thank goodness for services like readability and pocket.

Tapatalking

AMEN to that, my friend. That is a major reason why Instapaper is one of my top apps. I read a lot and it has made article reading a joy. No distractions.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
AMEN to that, my friend. That is a major reason why Instapaper is one of my top apps. I read a lot and it has made article reading a joy. No distractions.

Indeed. I read a lot as well D and there is nothing like a clean, clear reading experience.

Tapatalking

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh