1. Nellybelly333's Avatar
    I am thinking about connecting a computer to my tv...

    I have two computers, my personal macbook, and a HP tablet that I get for work. I was wondering if either one of those would offer better quality when connected. If I do go with the macbook, what cables should I get for the best quality?
    08-03-2009 06:23 PM
  2. Tramain's Avatar
    You might wanna post this question at Mac Forums - Mac News and Rumor Discussion
    08-03-2009 06:41 PM
  3. JustinHorn's Avatar
    You can get a mini display port adapter to HDMI for the MacBook, but currently doesn't support audio, so you would also need to get the TOS audio link cable.

    I'm hoping Snow Leopard unlocks the full potential of the miniDP.
    08-03-2009 07:12 PM
  4. Nellybelly333's Avatar
    Thanks Justin, So you think mac would be the way to go?
    08-03-2009 07:12 PM
  5. JustinHorn's Avatar
    MiniDP > HDMI: For only $8.50 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter | Mini DisplayPort to HDMI / DVI / VGA Adapter

    TOS Link: For only $1.57 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Toslink to Mini M/M OD:5.0mm, Molded Type - 3ft | Toslink to Mini Plug

    If your HP Tablet has an HDMI out that might be the way to go since the MacBook needs two cables to work right now. Also, if you need bluray, MacBook isn't really the right choice for that. Really depends on your needs.
    08-03-2009 07:33 PM
  6. Nellybelly333's Avatar
    I was mostly going to just do stuff like Hulu and other streaming stuff. HP seems like it would be easier...
    08-03-2009 08:29 PM