Just picked up my 3GS last night and wanted to say a quick hello to everyone.

I was with Sprint for the past 6 years but made the switch to the iPhone after going through 3 Palm Pres. It did everything I wanted it to do but I couldn't get over the cheap plastic slider that twisted from side to side, Oreo effect. The final straw was when the sales guy took the 4th new Pre out of the box, and it did the twisting Oreo effect more than the one I was returning. It's too bad, I thought Palm really did a good job with the OS...too bad they skipped out on the build quality.

Now I have to get over spending more a month with AT&T, but I'm much happier with the phone.
    07-16-2009 02:52 PM
    Welcome to the iPhone Blog forums and congrats on getting your iPhone 3GS.
    07-16-2009 03:14 PM
    Wow, another person with quality issues. I'm actually dissappointed. The phone looks really nice and the OS looks really nice. Quality control is something to be desired, it seems.

Welcome!
    07-16-2009 03:30 PM
    Hi Delo. I think you'll be really happy, despite the monthly drain on your wallet. I also left Sprint fairly recently after many years on Palm. It's been an eye opener.
    07-16-2009 03:31 PM
    Hi. Be foreworned, you have to post 10 times before you can link to anything. Some rule, that.

Post #3!
    07-17-2009 09:31 PM
    Welcome to the party!

[OFFTOPIC]

My girlfriend has a Pre and has not had a single issue with the build of the device. It is nice to be able to play with both, but I'll still take my 3GS over the Pre

[/OFFTOPIC]
    07-21-2009 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD