Soon to be new Iphone user, is the 3GS worth the extra cost?

davva360

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I think the title says it all. Basically my contract with AT&T is up for renewal next month and I am looking forward to getting an Iphone.

I am particularly interested in anyone who has owned a regular 3G and now has a 3GS. Do you think it was worth the extra money for the speedier device and a couple of extra functions?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If your contract is up for renewal, the 3GS will cost you the same as the 3G, unless you want the 8GB for $99.

But to answer your question - yes, absolutely. I only had the 3G for 45 days when the 3GS came out and I went out and bought it. The video alone is well worth it.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
If your contract is up for renewal, the 3GS will cost you the same as the 3G, unless you want the 8GB for $99.

But to answer your question - yes, absolutely. I only had the 3G for 45 days when the 3GS came out and I went out and bought it. The video alone is well worth it.

Personally, I was sold by the speed of the 3GS. Makes that video rendering a snap. Voice control is also another great feature for me because with the 3.1 update, I will not have to touch my iPhone again in traffic to place a call or change the tunes playing while I navigate traffic. :cool:

Last edited:

JazJon

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it's way faster, and just when you think you wont record video, you will because of how easy it is to edit/post to facebook etc

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I think the title says it all. Basically my contract with AT&T is up for renewal next month and I am looking forward to getting an Iphone.

I am particularly interested in anyone who has owned a regular 3G and now has a 3GS. Do you think it was worth the extra money for the speedier device and a couple of extra functions?

I think one of the things that goes unmentioned with the 3GS is the is the 32G of memory. Yes it has video, Voice Control etc, etc... For me twice the memory allows me to have all my tunes and more on one device. Which with my 3G/16G I was unable to do that and had to rely on Simplify App. So yes for me the 3GS is worth it for the memory alone, all other features are bonus!

geeanywhere

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
I bought my 3G then jumped into ordering the 3GS and worth the wait of 3 days to receive my device. Now that you can jailbreak it, worth more than ever...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73