UFC 100 Predictions

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
UFC 100 is this Saturday night. Main card match ups are as follows:

Michael Bisping vs Dan Henderson (I'm going with Henderson)

Jon Fitch Vs. Paulo Thiago (Gotta go with Fitch)

Georges St-Pierre Vs. Thiago Alves (Something tells me there's going to be a upset here... Alves for the win.

Brock Lesnar Vs. Frank Mir (Heart wants Mir to win but I think Lesnar and that size is going to take it.)

Thoughts?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'd love to see Henderson rip Bisping apart. I just don't like the guy.

Alves has a real shot at beating GSP. I think it will be a great fight. I like them both in terms of fighters, so I don't have much of a preference over who wins.

Lesnar & Mir. Should be another good fight. If Lesnar can avoid Mir's ground game and just pummel him, Lesnar should be able to take it. We'll see what happens :), I'll be house sitting for my sister, so I need to figure out if I'll be able to watch it or head to a local bar that might have it on.

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
Lesnar

I want to go with St. Pierre but I think Alves will win also (I want Pierre to win so we can see an Anderson Silva, St. Pierre fight though.)

Henderson (I hope he destroys Bisping, such a punk)

Im gonna go with Fitch, but really dont have a clue on that one... think it could go both ways.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I say this a lot and it remains true: I don't get paid based on who wins the fights, so I really don't care that much (though GSP is the hometown favorite, no doubt).

What I do is get entertained by good fights, so here's hoping we get a lot of those.

No stall and brawl, no double-counter punchers, no lay and pray.

Unless/until they get yellow-card penalties like PrideFC used to have (where every time you got carded for stalling, you lost 10% of your purse), my worst fear is boring fights.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I say this a lot and it remains true: I don't get paid based on who wins the fights, so I really don't care that much (though GSP is the hometown favorite, no doubt).

What I do is get entertained by good fights, so here's hoping we get a lot of those.

No stall and brawl, no double-counter punchers, no lay and pray.

Unless/until they get yellow-card penalties like PrideFC used to have (where every time you got carded for stalling, you lost 10% of your purse), my worst fear is boring fights.

Wow - I've never known you not to give predictions!

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I want Hendo to crush Bisping but from what I've been hearing about Bisping's training camp I think the result may be opposite of my want. Also I'm not quite sure Hendo has much left in the tank.

For some reason I see Fitch getting dominated. I do hope I'm wrong though. Definitely a fan of his after the heart he showed against GSP.

GSP-Alves should be a dandy.. Rooting for GSP but I'd be happy with an explosive fight either way.

Lastly I hope Lesnar shuts Mir up easy and early. Felt like Mir got reaallly lucky in the first fight and I don't see Lesnar making the same mistake twice.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I want Hendo to crush Bisping but from what I've been hearing about Bisping's training camp I think the result may be opposite of my want. Also I'm not quite sure Hendo has much left in the tank.

For some reason I see Fitch getting dominated. I do hope I'm wrong though. Definitely a fan of his after the heart he showed against GSP.

GSP-Alves should be a dandy.. Rooting for GSP but I'd be happy with an explosive fight either way.

Lastly I hope Lesnar shuts Mir up easy and early. Felt like Mir got reaallly lucky in the first fight and I don't see Lesnar making the same mistake twice.

I think Henderson will keep this fight on the ground and I don't see Bisping controlling the ground game either... Hope I'm right.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I don't think Lesnar will make the same mistake again.:)

It is hard to go against GSP.;)

I will go with Henderson.

Not sure on the other. I guess Fitch.:confused:

Madscotsman

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Fitch vs Thiago - I'd say Fitch wins this fight.

Henderson vs Bisping - I gotta go with Hendo, I hope he tears Bisping a new body cavity, that guy is a major douche bag.

GSP vs Alves - This one is a toss up for me, not really rooting for one over the other, just hoping for an explosive fight, which it should be. Will probably be fight of the night.

Lesnar vs Mir - This is a tough one to call. It really will come down to whether Lesnar can keep from making too many mistakes, leaving an arm or leg out there for Mir to grab hold of. If Brock stays patient and doesn't rush into things then I don't think there is any doubt that he is gonna eat Mir's lunch this time around.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The more I think about the GSP vs Alves fight I have to go with GSP. He's too well rounded to lose this fight. Sure Alves has a punchers chance but if GSP takes this fight to the ground its over.

Madscotsman

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
but if GSP takes this fight to the ground its over.

And that right there is the key to the fight. It's the same thing they said when Alves fought Koscheck, but the problem was that Alves's takedown defense was so good the fight stayed on the feet the whole time, and he dominated.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
And that right there is the key to the fight. It's the same thing they said when Alves fought Koscheck, but the problem was that Alves's takedown defense was so good the fight stayed on the feet the whole time, and he dominated.

Koscheck is no GSP... that's the difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2