Introduce Yourself Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

VagrantHarmonist

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi ^.^
I just ordered my first iphone ever tonight (16GB 3GS) and I'm super excited! Coming from my 4th storm (yes, no lie, 4th,) i'm excited to learn an entirely new OS and take advantage of the awesome capabilities of the iphone; and meet some pretty awesome people along the way. I can't wait to actually have it in my hands so i can poke around the forums and really dive into it and learn as much as I can! :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You have made a great choice! The os is as simple as it comes so you won't have much of a learning curve.

Meanwhile, the more you read before you get it in your hands, the easier it will be. I think I read every thread on here prior to getting my iPhone!

PRC

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi ^.^
I just ordered my first iphone ever tonight (16GB 3GS) and I'm super excited! Coming from my 4th storm (yes, no lie, 4th,) i'm excited to learn an entirely new OS and take advantage of the awesome capabilities of the iphone; and meet some pretty awesome people along the way. I can't wait to actually have it in my hands so i can poke around the forums and really dive into it and learn as much as I can! :)

You will think the Storm was a joke/toy when you get your iphone. I had a Storm too about 4 months ago, Im a bit of a phone junkie and have had many phones, unfortunately the Storm was one of them. :p

VagrantHarmonist

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
You have made a great choice! The os is as simple as it comes so you won't have much of a learning curve.

Meanwhile, the more you read before you get it in your hands, the easier it will be. I think I read every thread on here prior to getting my iPhone!

You will think the Storm was a joke/toy when you get your iphone. I had a Storm too about 4 months ago, Im a bit of a phone junkie and have had many phones, unfortunately the Storm was one of them. :p

Thank u guys for ur kind words of wisdom. As far as reading before I get it, u can be sure I will! I wanna learn everything!! And the storm was fun...to begin with. Not exactly a toy when u can't have fun with it due to it crapping out on u. :( o well wuts done is done and I'm here now! w00000 so pumped! :D

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I just switched from a blackberry to an iPhone. I'm loving this thing so far. Everyone keeps asking me do I miss my bb. So far the answer is no. This is such a. Easy to use device. :)

dixeechicken

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi -

I finally decided to jump in and say hello after almost 6 months with an Iphone. Actually got my 3G as a gift for Christmas from my dad but then last week got a wild hair and bought the 3GS for myself. I love it so far! Anyway... just saying hi.

Kim

DRUETSR

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Just purchased my 1st iPhone (3G S 32GB) about a week ago, former Palm Centro user. So far no regrets on the iPhone purchase. Although I am missing MMS, not that it's Apples fault. Great website and forums. Guess I'm a Mac and a PC now :confused:.

garys11#IM

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Hello All, I am a iPhone convert. Had a Blackberry but got very sick of it so I tossed it and got my first iPhone and I am very glad I did. I enjoy it very much. Now my wife is so jealous that she wants to toss her Bold for a iPhone...lol

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello All, I am a iPhone convert. Had a Blackberry but got very sick of it so I tossed it and got my first iPhone and I am very glad I did. I enjoy it very much. Now my wife is so jealous that she wants to toss her Bold for a iPhone...lol

Welcome Gary!

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I am considering moving from the Treo 755P (have been a longtime contributor to treocentral), and have joined here after many months of lurking.

Love all the information and help here.

Should I make the jump?? Who knows......

Craig

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
hey everyone,

first off, i love the blog and forum section here on TiPb!! i've already learned so much about iPhones and i have yet to even purchase mine. i'm still living in the world of BB Curve 8330. but soon enough (next month) i will be one proud owner of an iPhone 3GS 32gb! can't wait.

i've had about 5 years of smartphone experience. went from the Palm Treo 700P to the BB Curve. had likes and dislikes about both. but i'm really looking forward to the interface and snappiness of the 3GS. yes, the other phones have most of the same technologies that Apple iPhones are using...but the graphics and beautiful interface of the iPhone blows the competition away! why use a boring looking app when you can use the iPhone app with a much more appealing design?

anyway, just wanted to say 'hey'. working on getting my 10 posts here on the forum so i can better utilize the site. hope to meet some of you soon.

josh

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Looks like you're working that post count up quickly! Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll be happy once you get that iPhone. It even feels good in your hand!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Not sure how I missed this. Been lurking for a while, and slowly getting a tad more vocal...err typal?

I don't have an iPhone as of yet, 8/2/09 my time with TMobile comes to an end. They were good to me, initially, giving me coverage where Sprint and ATT ( before ATT was Cingular ) could not. Of course this was close to 6 years ago now.

I'm only recent ( 2 years ) on the smart phone train, though I sometimes wonder how "smart" you can call a WinMo phone :(. It's done what I've needed, albeit slowly, and sometimes quite reluctantly, and I've watched text messages disappear after restarts, and tmobile service in my area degrade of the last few years.

I'd considered getting the upcoming new Android phone on TMo, but with the coverage starting to fall off here and where I am looking at moving it was from from the ideal choice. I looked at going to Verizon, but no phones really sparked my interest. The 2 big ones fighting for my monthly stipend ended up being Sprint & the Palm Pre and ATT & the iPhone.

I've spent the better part of the last month comparing, looking at contract prices, what ends up best for me. My girlfriend already thinks I'm too picky when it comes to electronics, but this entertained her to no end, as I would update her every evening on what I had found out, what the pros and cons were for each for me.

After seeing threaded messaging on my friends Treo, I knew that was a feature I really wanted. Both phones had it. What it came down to was 2 fold.

1 - I could get the cheapest plan and still be fine on AT&T. Most of my minutes are spent talking with my gf who is also on AT&T and so all those will be free mobile to mobile. Add in the roll-over and I expect I'll be fine.

2 - The Pre is a pretty little phone, but it's just too new for me. As a software developer, I'm always wary of being an early adopter ( I know my code isn't perfect ).

So, with being able to save a few bucks, and better coverage in a few areas I frequent, the iPhone won out. Add the fact the 3GS was announced right when I was doing all the comparisons it made the decision a tad easier.

I KNOW I won't use the phone to it's full potential, I'm a moderate texter & caller with VERY light data usage and really don't see myself using the phone for games, but I'll enjoy it none the less :)

And apparently I can type a lot when given the chance :eek:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Just wait until you try to type that much on the virtual iPhone keyboard! LOL!

Welcome to the forums. :)

Vinnydawg

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello all. I just bought my 3Gs today and a friend of mine sent me the link to this forum, so you can blame him for all my dumb questions and lame attempts at humor.:rolleyes:

I look forward to learning lots and hopefully contributuing a bit as well.

Woof!

leftspin

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Introduction

Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm an iPhone-oholic.

I'm also developing a new Google Reader front-end for iPhone called Newsie, which is currently in a private alpha test: h t t p : / / InstantVoodooMagic . com

I don't know why I haven't signed on to this forum earlier, but I'm here now, so... Hi everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73