I've never actually introduced myself....

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hey! I was just thinking about how I started participating in this awesome little community without actually introducing myself :eek: Now that I have the nifty "forum app reviewer" title, I feel as though I should tell you little about myself.

My name is Leanna and my last name is pronounced "Lofty", not "Loft" (people get it wrong all the time). I am finishing up my first year of grad school at the University of Denver studying mathematics. I should have my Masters degree next June. My plan is to teach math at the community college level. I am 23 years old and have have been happily married for almost 4 years. We have two dogs - a yorkie, and a miniature schnauzer =D

While in school, I will be reviewing 2-3 apps a month - at least until I get into the groove of things. During the summer months, I'll write much more. As the only female reviewer, my goal is to add a female perspective to my reviews and look for those "girly" apps that no guy could truly judge ;) Also, because of my background in mathematics, I plan to find a few of those math-type apps to review. So please, if there's a math or girly app you're interested in, let me know and I'll do my best to take a look at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rene Ritchie

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the party! :D

I was thinking of this the other day...I haven't really introduced myself as well. Maybe I should put together a little bio for everyone!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Is this where we all stand up, introduce ourselves, and admit addictions? Cause I'm not addicted. At least not yet. Give me time. It's been less than 24 hours.

And James...it's ok to write more than 140 characters in the forum. (Isn't it?)

Reactions: Rene Ritchie

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Is this where we all stand up, introduce ourselves, and admit addictions? Cause I'm not addicted. At least not yet. Give me time. It's been less than 24 hours.

And James...it's ok to write more than 140 characters in the forum. (Isn't it?)

Welcome to the party!!! :D

And yes, more than 140 characters is allowed here! ;)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
@llofte will also take review requests for any wakeboard apps, and anything having to do with tiny Ewok-like doggies. Girly wakeboarding Ewok mathapps requests would be most appreciated :)

@Alli we are honored to be considered for addiction by you. Thank the lords of Kobol you didn't get a BlackBerry Bold!

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Your forgot to mention that you have mastered the art of dealing with my macbook problems!

And you make a pretty mean looking apple crumble thingy...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm deeply concerned by the use of the "@" in forums now.

Which reminds me...note to self...follow @llofte (now that you know how to pronounce it).

@reneritchie If @crackberrykevin had been as scintillating a conversationalist, things might have been different. ;)

Now why does it keep saying I only have 0 posts? :'(

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
@Alli:

I've been using @ in forums since long before Twitter. I think the @ meme actually caused them to create the @ links in Twitter to begin with so post hoc and all that :)

0 post count is because off-topic doesn't count towards post-count count.

If we can get you into the deep end of the iPhone forums proper, no doubt you'll sky rocket to multiple digits nigh instantaneously.

I'd tell @crackberrykevin that you don't think he talks enough, but his head might 'splode...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't want his head to 'splode.

I figure I need a full weekend to get my post count up. After all, I only just started into my actual 2nd day of iPhone ownership...not that that would stop me. I have 2,000+ on the sister sites and that is even with the 4+ year hiatus I took while associated with that other site that we no longer mention in public.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Outstanding! And maybe one day Twitter will start notifying me of these things again. It seems to run in spurts. <sigh>

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Hey! I was just thinking about how I started participating in this awesome little community without actually introducing myself :eek: Now that I have the nifty "forum app reviewer" title, I feel as though I should tell you little about myself.

My name is Leanna and my last name is pronounced "Lofty", not "Loft" (people get it wrong all the time). I am finishing up my first year of grad school at the University of Denver studying mathematics. I should have my Masters degree next June. My plan is to teach math at the community college level. I am 23 years old and have have been happily married for almost 4 years. We have two dogs - a yorkie, and a miniature schnauzer =D

While in school, I will be reviewing 2-3 apps a month - at least until I get into the groove of things. During the summer months, I'll write much more. As the only female reviewer, my goal is to add a female perspective to my reviews and look for those "girly" apps that no guy could truly judge ;) Also, because of my background in mathematics, I plan to find a few of those math-type apps to review. So please, if there's a math or girly app you're interested in, let me know and I'll do my best to take a look at it.

For the record, I did review a wedding planner app. :)

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal