PS3 or Xbox 360?

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
My TV does not do 1080p so I blu-ray wouldnt have the full effect on my set anyway. You would need to have at least a 50" TV to notice the difference. Multi-platform games, which is basically all I play, are developed for the 360 and then ported to PS3 so the quality is better on the 360.

I have decided to stick with my Xbox for the time being. I am going to try to save to get a PS3 sometime during the summer.

Few things, lets look at the sales numbers, they don't lie. Sony has been trying to play catch up since day one.

There is not a single game that takes full advantage of Blu Ray discs on the PS3... and chances of that happening before another new system is out is slim to none. And if you want to get real nit picky games on both systems usually look better graphically on the 360... fact. Why is that? Because developers are more comfortable with the Xbox and the games get ported so to speak to the PS3.

Yeah, you can complain about the RROD all you want but in the end if you are a pure gamer the only system to get is an Xbox 360. Now if you are in the market for a Blu Ray player, why not pick up a PS3. As for me I have a stand alone Blu Ray player, no need for a PS3.

addaminsane

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
haha, i've always been a playstation guy but now the only game i ever play when i do play is halo. I bought and xbox elite just to play halo on it, otherwise i'd go ps3

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
It depends on what you will use it for it you want to play online alot play xbox 360. Watch alot of movies and have a good tv go ps3.

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I've been a gamer for over 20 years and had a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, PS2, XBOX and now a 360 and the 360 is the only console that pulls me back time and time again, just ask the Wife. As for reliability, I haven't had a PS3 however my 360 has been back to Microsoft Twice. However both my PS1 and PS2 also went back for repair Twice, so i'm used to it. The original xbox never went back. Have a Bluray so don't need a PS3.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
>> Here are the US NPD April 2009 numbers:
* DS - 1,040,000
* Wii - 340,000
* Xbox 360 - 175,000
* PS2 - 172,000
* PS3 - 127,000
* PSP - 116,000

Xbox is still topping the PS3 every single month...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Even the PS2 is beating out the PS3...

Exactly, I don't care what anyone says - the Xbox 360 is a better overall gaming machine. Plain and simple. Better quality games and a higher quantity of those games. Blu Ray is nice but I have my stand alone Blu Ray player for movies.

Numbers don't lie.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, I don't care what anyone says - the Xbox 360 is a better overall gaming machine. Plain and simple. Better quality games and a higher quantity of those games. Blu Ray is nice but I have my stand alone Blu Ray player for movies.

Numbers don't lie.

What he said.....plus Xbox Live just adds to why Xbox 360 is better.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

polygrafix

Dec 31, 2010
www.mikeamerson.com
I have both a ps3 and and 360. I actually prefer my 360. There are far less updates and it doesn't hog all my hard drive space like my ps3 does. Anyone know where that ps3 hard drive space goes? I can't seem to find it and i have none left! In terms of graphics, they are pretty close to the same. I think the ps3 may have just a Slight advantage over 360 but nothing you'd really notice. Yes, they do play blu ray so thats a nice benefit and i believe i read somewhere they recently dropped the price to 250. - tough choices!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Having both...i actually play my Xbox 360, and the PS3 gets used as a blu-ray player sometimes (which is becoming a very limited "sometimes" since we have converted almost everything over to a digital copy onto numerous hard drives).

The PS3, unquestionably, has better graphics...there's no way around it, it just does...it has better internals, so this isn't a surprise.

The Xbox's gaming experience over all though is WORLDS better. Better interaction with people, better performance online, a much better UI with Xbox Live...i mean things as simple as chatting with a friend while playing become a headache on the PS3, but are so effortless on the Xbox...and this is WITH the upgrades to the PS3 that got it past the old way where you couldn't even chat with friends while playing a game.

Xbox Live Arcade is also a monumentally better experience than the PS3 store, Xbox controller is better for almost every type of game, network repair is so much more intuitive on the xbox (and easy for even the common user who doesn't understand half of what they are looking at)...i could go on and on.

The PS3 is an amazing platform for someone who likes to play games on their own...lots of titles that are brilliant single player games (IE: God of War series, Metal Gear), and some cool features like the blu-ray player (which is quickly becoming obsolete) and an internet browser (which is a joke)...the Xbox is the undefeated multi-player/online gaming champion, it's staggeringly better at that, and that's all it needs to do well to be the better modern day video game system.

Last edited:

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I find it comical when people try to say that PS3 has better graphics. On many occasions, various video game websites have done side by side comparisons of the 360 and ps3 with the same game footage, and even they couldn't see a difference, and some times, 360 looked better. Only advantage ps3 has, is including a blu-ray player.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've got both and haven't bout a 360 game other than Forza in ages. Free online play with the PS3 is the clincher. If you only will have one the addition of a bluray player plus free Netflix makes it an easy choice for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I find it comical when people try to say that PS3 has better graphics. On many occasions, various video game websites have done side by side comparisons of the 360 and ps3 with the same game footage, and even they couldn't see a difference, and some times, 360 looked better. Only advantage ps3 has, is including a blu-ray player.

If you stick to that stance, i suggest you read more comparisons between the two...i mean we can take visual representations out of the equation completely and compare hardware ONLY and show the PS3 is capable of better graphics because the GPU it has is better than that installed in the Xbox 360, was on day one...still is today.

But comparison wise in a visual state, it depends on what games are being looked at...many games that are made for both systems will inherently have negligible differences...because...they are cookie cutter ports, they are nearly identical because it makes porting them almost effortless.

Where you have to start looking are platform standard games...you look at the graphics in a more general sense, what the system is capable of vs. the other, and in that nature, the PS3 shines through...God of War III would look NOTHING like it did on PS3 on the Xbox 360, Metal Gear Solid would be the same...the PS3 is capable of shading variances that the Xbox is not, because it has that little extra muscle in the graphics processor...it's also capable of lighting differences because of the same thing, you can actually see those quite clearly in ported games like COD and Battlefield...lighting on the PS3 is drastically different on those games between the two systems...i know, i own Black Ops and Battlefield BC2 on both systems so that i can play amongst my friends on both sides of the fence.

Beyond that we could get into the mastering process and the fact that the PS3 uses bluray, but since that's not a fair comparison because the Xbox still uses a dvd based system, we'll leave that out.

Personally...i think the Xbox is a better system all around, but if you have not noticed the better graphics capabilities on the PS3, you've obviously not played games between the two, nor have you understood the PS3's capabilities...

Last edited:

ahasaidesigns

Sep 5, 2011
www.ahasaidesigns.com
I'm with everyone on this one, the PS3's graphics are outstanding. (And they should be for the price they charge too!) But, in saying that, everytime I go over to my friend's house to play it, it takes a good hour to get through the updates.

And he can't play the game or the PS3 until then. Plus, there was the little issue of the PSN hacking. Not great. So, XBOX360 is probably a better all round experience. :)

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have both and my opinion is the PS3 has more exclusives better graphics when you look at exclusives like KZ2,3,uncharted2,and god of war 3. Also we are seeing the limitations of the DVD look at rage 3 disk on xbox and just one on PS3. I do like live better but you have to pay. I like playing both but I think the PS3 is coming out ahead far as hardware and finally seeing what they can do software wise.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73