PS3 or Xbox 360?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Turn 10 recently announced that the Xbox 360 was not capable of running the Forza 4 simulations they created that included variances in weather and night time racing...they said that the system itself could not handle the load those two features added to the game, and because of such, they were omitted from the finished product of Forza 4 that is coming out in October...

One of the lead technically developers said that if Microsoft had simply added a couple of things that the PS3 has that would have basically cost MS nothing...the system would be able to use these features and still have room to push the hardware.

This speaks worlds about how the two systems were built...and to anyone that still thinks the PS3 is not a higher caliber system (when it comes to hardware), you're fooling yourselves...it really makes me angry with Microsoft knowing that what a game COULD have been was cut short by something they decided to do to cut a few pennies from the production line (that in the end made really no difference for them).

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Its like debating android vs iOS.
You can bring sales, exclusives, quality, internals, controllers into the picture, but in the end its your opinion.

If you want my vote, I'd go with the 360. I consistently play my 360 more than my PS3, i usually buy 360 games even if they run better or look better on the PS3. I prefer the 360's controller. I tend to think that the 360's exclusives (even if it is quantity over quality, which i don't believe. They all tend to make high marks on the metascore regardless.) appeal to the masses more. Wireless N is also a pretty huge thing to me. The online experience has been consistently better on the 360, nor am i even troubled by having to pay 50 dollars a year, or did they bump it up to 60? I don't remember.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah 60 dollars a year but have found better deals like on amazon. I like the 360 controller for FPS but like Mortal Kombat I like the PS3 controller as I end up using the D pad more for that game. Seems thought they keep adding more content to the Ps3 game because of the extra space on the bluray. Also if you really play online alot going wired is better on both systems that using the WIFI.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Also upgrading the hard drive is cheaper on the PS3. I upgraded mine for like 80 dollars a year ago to a 500GB hard drive and there even cheaper now.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you usually can a deal somewhere for cheaper than 60. I remember people buying multitudes of them before the price change went into effect.
Wireless N is pretty big for me because I use to have a 50 ft cord just to reach my gaming room. Was way to much of a hassle.
Good point about the fighter games, don't play to much of those. I stick to rpg, fps, and a little horror/thriller every now and then.

Also never having to keep you're videos Downloaded on your xbox is pretty nice (zune marketplace). Unsure if the ps3 does that.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Just my opinion that the PS3 is better but to have the best gaming experience it's nice to have both. That way I can play halo, gears of war, killzone, uncharted, and resistance without missing out.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly how i am. Just reversed.
I will tell you get the 360 if you are asking for my opinion if you can only choose one.
But if you really want my opinion get both :D

adam1882

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I was a massive Sony fan until the ps3 online network went down. So I decided to sell and invest in a 360. I've never looked back, online play is just better even though it costs. There is no argument the ps3 is the better hardware full stop but the 360 just has better software.
I basically only play online games so I took into account what most of my friends had which was the 360.

realdealio

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly how i am. Just reversed.
I will tell you get the 360 if you are asking for my opinion if you can only choose one.
But if you really want my opinion get both :D

ditto. I used to be big on ps2, then dabbled with ps3, ended up with 360 at first by accident. I found with the games I played (mostly sport themed), the gameplay on ps3 was more mechanical, while on 360 it was smoother. I enjoy the gameplay on 360, but I could understand the ps3 stance. It has to come down to preference. I do miss GOW though

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I was all in on PS3 because of blu-ray and it being the best value a few years back.

Now I'd probably buy a blu-ray separate and go with an xbox 360. Especially for the Kinect which my daughter loves.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW