Former Abusers

macnkat

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
I've been reading as much as I can here and I'm starting to see a few familiar names and faces...from Crackberry! I'm wondering just how many folks here were Crackberry abusers and what made you jump ship?

I had been with Verizon for about 8 years and was convinced that the Storm was every bit as good as the iPhone...until I actually put an iPhone in my hands and used it. That was a mistake. Now I have learned that the Storm is merely the best option that Verizon has to offer and I must say it is weak compared to the iPhone. The constant OS upgrades and always trying to work around a poorly designed touch screen, not to mention the constant battery pulls, memory leaks and freezing up, all of which is non existent in the iPhone. The iPhone's smooth OS and impeccable fit and finish is something to be marveled at...I made the jump to AT&T and bought a new 8GB iPhone. I have a 4 phone plan and none were even close to contract time so it cost a small fortune to get out of Verizon, but my wife now is a smart phone user as well and she is completely hooked on the iPhone.

I'm looking forward to seeing how many other former abusers are here. :D

One last thing...I do miss the back button on the Blackberry ;)

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
former 8800 abuser had it for a while loved it alot bb messenger is just great, Got an ipod touch when they came out fell in love waited for the iphone 3g then gave the crackberry to my girlfriend's brother. i kinda lost the love for my iphone tried to replace it with a nokia e71 and n85 but kept coming back to my iphone, recently got a g1 unlocked and I lovvveeeeee it. Now that 3.0 is coming out my iphone might become top dog again i just know i will never get rid of my iphone.

macnkat

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
You sound like a complete phone junkie Jeff...does anything make you happy for very long? :D:D I'm kinda the same I guess...we all probably are to some extent or we wouldn't be here. :rolleyes:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Had an 8700c, Pearl, and Bold.. loved the Bold but simply got bored with it, let alone frustrated about the pretty much non-compatibility with a Mac cpu

the iPhone has kept my attention and looks just as good as the Bold

also I wanted to have my music and phone all on one device - didn't like having to take both to the gym

it is so much easier for a Mac user to update music onto a phone using the iPhone than any other phone so this pretty much sealed the deal

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm gonna be dumping the trusty 8310 this summer. I was willing to deal with the lack of Mac support on the BB over the lack of features on the iPhone. Now that 3.0 will give the iPhone those features, I'm taking it and I'll be happy that my upgrades will be nice and easy again! :D

tardman91#IM

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I had a BlackBerry for a while. I thought it was the best thing ever. I didn't even want an iPhone. Then I started playing with a friends iPod Touch. Then another friend got an iPhone. Then a week later I picked up an unlocked one off eBay. The rest is history. I sold my old Curve for just about as much as I paid for the iPhone. Don't think I'll ever look back.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
You sound like a complete phone junkie Jeff...does anything make you happy for very long? :D:D I'm kinda the same I guess...we all probably are to some extent or we wouldn't be here. :rolleyes:

I love most phone operating system except for windows (too buggy) i can't find the perfect phone iphone owns at multimedia, and browsing, my nokias have crazy call quality and my g1 is so much fun to use i wish i could mash them into one.

macnkat

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
I sold my old Curve for just about as much as I paid for the iPhone. Don't think I'll ever look back.

I sold my Storm on Craigslist in 12 hours for $25 more than I paid...I almost felt sorry for the guy, buying a Storm, but there must have been 15 phone calls on it and at least as many emails...amazing.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I think the storm should have launched with the current leaked os, I like using of it now but only full touch phone I can own is the iPhone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods