What would be a good prize for my 3rd gen iPhone poll?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I'm going to be creating the poll for the 3rd gen iPhone on my Apple website soon and since this will be one of the bigger polls of 2009 I wanted to get some ideas for a prize besides a $50 gift card.

All ideas (crazy or not) are welcome, but since this comes out of my pocket a new Mac Pro probably won't make the cut :D

UPDATE
Poll has been launched with a prize of a new 3rd gen iPhone

when will 3rd generation iPhone be released? | When Will Apple?

Last edited:

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
What's your prize spending limit?
That's a good question. I haven't come up with a concrete number. Just wanted to get some ideas and if something really stuck out for a lot of people then I would think about it even it was a bit more than I wanted to spend.

But I guess I don't really want to spend more than like $200-300 bucks. If something is really cool that would be a good prize and is $100 that would be even better :)

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
One of those iHome/iClock devices (plays music/alarm/clock/charge). Just make sure it's compatible with the 3G. They run around $150, give and take. I would love one of those.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to be creating the poll for the 3rd gen iPhone on my Apple website soon and since this will be one of the bigger polls of 2009 I wanted to get some ideas for a prize besides a $50 gift card.:D

I'm ignorant here. What is this POLL, how does it work, and how does one try to win the prize? And I'm rooting for the new 17 Macbook:D

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I'm ignorant here. What is this POLL, how does it work, and how does one try to win the prize?
It's a fun apple blog site I started back in April of last year. Me and my friend / biz partner hit a lull in our web dev business and were bored waiting for the iPhone to be released. We all know Apple is so secretive about their product releases it would be fun to have people vote when they thought the iPhone 3g would be released. This idea kind of evolved into the blog site it is now. We then decided to start giving away prizes to whoever was able to guess the correct dates of various polls.

For example this is the newest poll about the next iPhone firmware release date
when will iPhone 2.3 firmware (or next version) be released? | When Will Apple?

And I'm rooting for the new 17 Macbook:D
Yeah, aren't we all :)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I'm leaning towards giving away a new 3rd gen iPhone as the prize for the 3rd gen iPhone poll...go figure. :) That would be the prize listed, but will be delivered via Apple Store (iPhone) gift card up to $200 value. So that will also allow someone that doesn't want an att contract to put it towards an iPod touch.

Still need to discuss with my partner in crime on WWA, but seems like a good prize considering the poll. $200 is a pretty big chunk of change, but hopefully in the future I can find some suckers...er "advertisers" to sponsor the big polls :D

What do you guys think?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Ok, it's confirmed! Going to go with the biggest prize we've given away.

Got one more question on how the poll should be titled? Like how would most people refer to the next iPhone? Like if you were searching on google what you type?

Here are a few options I'm throwing around.

1) when will 3rd gen iPhone be released?
2) when will 3rd generation iPhone be released?
3) when will third gen iPhone be released?
4) when will third generation iPhone be released?
5) when will third-generation iPhone be released?
6) when will next generation iPhone be released?

Last edited: