I don't know if this the correct place to post this, but it seems to be the only non iPhone forum, so I'm posting it here

I know there are probably better sites to ask this question, but I like people here more, so I'm gonna try TiPb first

Ok, so I WAS going to order a new MacBook today with my brother's friends and family discount. But when he went into EPP (I think it's called) he discovered that it wasn't available yet. Needless to say, I was extremely sad since I have been wanting a MacBook since the beginning of the year and finally have the money to purchase one (with his discount).

Does anyone have any idea when the new MacBooks will be available for Apple employees to use their discount? It's been about 3 weeks since the release and my brother said he thought they became available after about 2 weeks. I'm REALLY anxious and don't want to wait any longer!! haha.

Thanks!
    11-03-2008 09:19 PM
    I'm in the same boat! Last I heard was about 3 weeks from release so I'm hoping a week from today. One other thing to note is my apple friend said the Friends and family discount is being cut back / eliminated. So he is just going to purchase as himself since he is waiting for the i7 models next year.

Good Luck
    11-04-2008 04:06 PM
    I read on MacRumors that the new MacBook became available in EPP TODAY! I'm still waiting for my brother to verify this.
    11-04-2008 05:21 PM
    I read on MacRumors that the new MacBook became available in EPP TODAY! I'm still waiting for my brother to verify this.
    Cool, let me know what your brother says and I will text my friend to verify.
    11-04-2008 06:27 PM
    Have you heard from your friend? My brother is slacking.
    11-05-2008 05:03 PM
    I was waiting to hear back from you b/c I don't want to keep bugging him about it. Although I'm pretty sure if he knew it was in there he would have called me.
    11-05-2008 08:06 PM
    I placed my order just now!
    2.4GHz model with 4GB of ram. Woohoo!!

This will be my first mac. I'm so excited!
    11-06-2008 11:58 AM
    So its in the EPP now? This will be my first Mac of any shape too! Texting my friend now to see whats up! Thanks for the heads up.
    11-06-2008 12:00 PM
    Yep, it's in EPP! Good luck!
    11-06-2008 12:03 PM
    Cool! My friend is going to let me know sunday when he works next!

Also, see that your location is Denver. I went there for the first time a month ago and stopped by the apple store a cherry creek mall, pretty nice. I like the bean shaped tables instead of the standard rectangle ones.

11-07-2008 02:49 PM
    Yep! That's our store!! I like this store too; it's the coolest one I've been too other than San Fransisco.
    11-07-2008 06:24 PM
    We finally got an Apple Store in Montreal -- a two-story Flagship, though it isn't as big as I imagined it would be.
    11-07-2008 10:18 PM
    Got mine ordered, should have it next week!
    11-10-2008 10:38 PM
    Got mine ordered, should have it next week!
    Grats! I got my printer today Expecting MacBook to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday... Can't wait!!
    11-11-2008 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD