• Nope, not a dope!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waiting for a price drop!

• With SSD, booyah!

• Where the heck were the iPhones?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Still hoping for a Blackberry KeyBook!

• Total voters

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
$1299 for the new macbook, still too expensive. The only way the price will drop is when they introduce new products, right? Can't wait forever. With that money I can get 2 regular laptops... hmm..still undecided :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Nah, my Macbook I actually like better honestly. No major upgrades besides the video cards and look. Neither update is worth it to me at this point. What I have now suits me well.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I've never owned a mac before and need one to start making apps for the app store so I'm going with the cheapest of the new ones since I've been waiting for several months now I'm just going to spend the extra $300. I know someone that works at an apple store 5 mins from my house so hopefully I can get some sort of discount, we shall see :)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Prices seldom go down any more. They just introduce slightly better versions at the same price. When higher megapixel camera come out, we don't get super-cheap 2mp cameras, they just stop making them independently and embed the lenses in phones.

Apple stuff isn't expensive for what you get (especially when you consider manufacturing that new Unibody, and everything they put into engineering their own software for it), they just don't make low-end stuff.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Apple stuff isn't expensive for what you get (especially when you consider manufacturing that new Unibody, and everything they put into engineering their own software for it), they just don't make low-end stuff.
Yeah, this is very true. People always compare the spec for spec, but I think the design and the OS are def. worth the ~$300-500 difference in price.

Phoneboy#IM

Oct 15, 2008
Visit site
Prices seldom go down any more. They just introduce slightly better versions at the same price. When higher megapixel camera come out, we don't get super-cheap 2mp cameras, they just stop making them independently and embed the lenses in phones.

I love the new image, but I still feel like I'm getting a downgrade for the same price. The old $1299 model had a 2.4Ghz processor and a firewire port. The new one seems to be a slap in the face to college students majoring in music or film who can't afford a $2000 computer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2