1. Wegmans#IM's Avatar
    Ok. SO.

    I'm giving in and buying a Mac laptop at some point. I could buy it today, but I'm worried that Apple is going to come out with something new at any moment, thus rendering my purchase obsolete.

    I think I'll get the Air, because I still have my Windows machine for any heavy apps/gaming/whatever.

    Would you folks wait a couple months, or would you just go get one now? Should I try to find one second-hand on Craigslist/ebay for a discount to hold me down until the next-gens come out?

    Any suggestions would be a great help to me! Thanks in advance!
    09-10-2008 07:40 AM
  2. kistajk's Avatar
    Definitely wait for a couple of months. Updates are coming soon.

    One useful site: buyersguide.macrumors.com

    Also, always ask around in forums. Try to go to mac-focused websites with active forum, like macrumours. I usually find people there helpful.

    And... welcome to Mac world
    09-10-2008 10:38 PM
  3. kistajk's Avatar
    put http in front of that link (I couldn't post link as I'm a noob here).
    09-10-2008 10:39 PM
  4. Jeremy's Avatar
    Ok. SO.

    I'm giving in and buying a Mac laptop at some point. I could buy it today, but I'm worried that Apple is going to come out with something new at any moment, thus rendering my purchase obsolete.

    I think I'll get the Air, because I still have my Windows machine for any heavy apps/gaming/whatever.

    Would you folks wait a couple months, or would you just go get one now? Should I try to find one second-hand on Craigslist/ebay for a discount to hold me down until the next-gens come out?

    Any suggestions would be a great help to me! Thanks in advance!
    Your purchase would not be obsolete. In fact the new rumored look for the Macbooks and Macbook Pros I don't really care for. Other than some new look don't expect anything major to be changed. Another rumor I have heard is a new chip set. Nothing major at all besides the look.
    09-11-2008 07:53 PM
  5. Wegmans#IM's Avatar
    thank you two so much for your replies! I appreciate your time. What I think I'll do is wait until about halfway through October when the rumored mac laptop event may take place. Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be leaks and rumors that may influence my decision.

    I'm really excited to get a mac and hopefully just have everything WORK for once!
    09-12-2008 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD