I'm getting a macbook, good choice?

Adam

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Folks, I'm getting a macbook. I have been on Windows for eight years now and I'm going to buy a laptop so I thought I'd go for Mac, Macbook. Good choice? Or would it be wise to go for other devices such as Sony Vio, Dell, HP, but they can't run Mac, can they?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm in the same boat.... going to get my Mac this weekend. And your only choice to run OS X is to buy a Mac. Sure there are hacks to get a PC to run OS X but it's a lot of work and is not very stable. Buy a Mac.

Adam

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I live in Rome and I was just at one of Apple's retail stores. I had a close look on the Macbook. To me it seemed not that special unlike what it seems on their website, but that is not the important thing. It didn't have a lot of ports, for example there is no COM port, no card reader...etc stuff that you'd find in Sony Vio, Dell ...etc

The original OS DVD comes with BootCamp which means you can run Windows too and thats a plus. However, I have a question, lets say I want to install more add ons (external) should they be Apple products or anything would work? It depends on the driver right?

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Get a Mac. Everything just seems to work better and smoother. I think you'll be happy. My computer life seems to be much better ever since I switched. I bought I Macbook Pro about 6 months ago and ever since then I have vowed to stay a Apple user. The only problem I run into is the lack of being able to buy computer accessories for Apple. I live in Cincinnati and the only stores I can buy Apple computer accessories is Best Buy, the Apple store and Micro Center. You couldn't just go to Walmart or Target and get a Apple mouse or etc... I'm sure that will changed though in the near future as the average household buying Apple computers increase.

Adam

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, but what I think I know is that Apple products are pretty expensive. Here in Italy, a wireless mouse costs ?65

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW