What would you like to see from iMore in 2017?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Howdy all! A quick question we want to get feedback on from each and every one of you: What would you like to see from iMore in 2017?

Provide your feedback below, tell us what rocks, what sucks, and maybe even some things we're not doing that you'd like to see. As an extra incentive for your feedback, 10 of the best answers (be honest and creative in your feedback!) will receive a shipment of iMore swag!

Thanks in advance, and all the best to you in 2017!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, a consistent Podcast / iMore Show schedule, a bit more forum interaction from the editors and other blog staff members as well as "personal" reviews of various products, services and apps.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't think of any at this moment, but I'll be sure to keep an eye on this topic to chime in if I can think of anything.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't think of any at this moment, but I'll be sure to keep an eye on this topic to chime in if I can think of anything.

Agreed. Can't think of anything right off but I will offer my agreement with JMD on a consistent podcast/iMore show schedule. Being someone who recently got into podcasts, I look forward to new content when it's available. Doesn't have to be a major production either. Maybe incorporate those personal reviews of products and services into a short update.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a once a year hang out with everyone to join in online and ask questions. sort of a Q/A for those with answers, i.e Rene, Serenity, etc......

+1 on the podcasts, even if they are broken down into shorter segments. We value Rene opinion on what is going on and the info we always get from the cast's

Front page content is good. but a lot of repeats show up through out the year. New interesting content would be great. Think outside the box sometimes, not what some other site is reporting on. Be different for once to be honest.

More community interaction all year long from top dogs. It's their community also. Rather then big events and new devices is mostly the only time we hear a peep from the top dogs. It would be great to hear from them more often and talking to members.

More front page video content, walk throughs, rather then the big unboxing videos normally seen.

Most content is here is the product and what we think. Going forward, having it be a bit more techinical can help more people out rather then seeking or trying to see if there is a answer in the forums.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
may be getting the devs section a bit more active, give recognized devs their badges and give rewards to those new devs who has the most downloads etc.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
More reviews, product and app, we don't see too many reviews anymore.

Less repetition of blog posts, I'm sure a lot of it has to do with new members, though I don't believe we need monthly or bi-monthly reposts. Along these the same lines of reposts, less rumor roundups.

What happened to photography? How about more How-To's for photography? I also miss the weekly photo contest.

Speaking of contests, it would be nice to sort blog posts by contests. As a mainly mobile user, it has bothered me for a while that I can't sort blog posts by contest in the app.

I've already mentioned this elsewhere, however a Review section in the forums would be nice. So everyone has a place to post and request all types of reviews.

In addition to the reviews when it comes to cases, which people like, how about drop test videos? Not only reviewing a case, prove or disprove the durability so people really know what to expect.

More video, in general, it seems to me a lot of these little posts would be better as a video, and likely weekly, how the Monday Brief used to be.

That's all I can think of right now.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
This may be a long message but i hope to keep it in readable length. ^_^

Section 1: Thank You

I think it's very important to firstly give a BIG thank you to the whole iMore community including Moderators, Ambassadors and most importantly Managers and Staff at iMore. Your continued support and helpful assistance throughout the year has been really nice and its always a fun and exciting to come back to the iMore forums each day. Not only do i learn a whole lot from reading responses to questions but i also love helping people out with their problems (or at least i try) haha. So here is to 2017 and may iMore grow and grow!

Section 2: Things iMore does well (but could do more of)
  • Live Coverage - when ever there is a Apple event being held, it's so nice to read the live blog and to see some photos being taken inside the event hall.Definitely makes me a lot more excited. I also like it when moderators or community managers make new forum threads for us so its quick and easy to begin discussions without us having to make new threads.
  • Video Reviews - Seeing a picture of a new product is nice, but i love watching videos on how the product performs in real life. Giving insight into how it feels, how it sounds and how it performs makes the world of difference to me and really helps with making a purchase. Sometimes I'm not able to use one in a Apple store but based on a iMore video review i can sometimes be confident enough to make a purchase without actually holding the device.
  • Giveaways - This is an area where iMore shines the most. Ill never forget the Macbook Pro giveaway. Amazingly special prize and you guys are always so generous with this. Definitely puts a big smile on my face each day when i come back to enter. i think 1 monthly giveaway is perfectly fine. Maybe even every 2 months would be cool. :)
  • Getting Started Guides - This goes in combination with the live coverage section. Its always nice to see a getting started guide after a new Apple product is launched. Millions of people could potentially be first time buyers and these guides are really helpful. Helpfully one day i can buy a iPhone and i cant actually use them! :D haha.
  • Podcasts - i'm not sure if theses are still being done anymore, haven't really seen them around but it was nice to watch (when i did). Would like to see a monthly podcast that just wraps up whats happening in the world of Apple. Maybe talk about rumours and upcoming devices or software ventures.
  • The iMore Awards - I love seeing a 'the best of 2016/7/8' blog posts. Showing the subscribers the best cases, best power banks and battery cases, the bet accessories and even the best Apps for your iMore.
  • Sales - i love it when iMore shows us sales that are not only happening on Shop.iMore but also on Amazon and other sites. Definitely has saved me a ton od cash since i don't always seem them. To thanks for that.

Section 3: Things i would like improved on:

• This is a tough one to ask for since I'm sure it bring in a lot of revenue and i don't want iMore to lose out on that and lower the quality of anything like giveaways and such but maybe have a few less adverts? Most of the adverts don't really appeal to me (maybe I'm the minority) and are normally just clutter.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 6.06.51 PM.png
  • The second would be Pokémon Go.... Please guys... it's coming out of my ears hahaha. Less posts about it haha.
  • As others have said 'less reposts'. While personally to me i don't mind them because i just scroll past. Others seem to get a little annoyed with them, so maybe keep that in mind? but then again, when someone buys a new Apple Product is so nice to have them right there an not have to scroll through many articles to find it. Maybe include a 'Getting started Section' in the iMore App? (i don't have the App so apologies if its there already)

Section 4: Things iMore could create and add:

• What If / Would You Section - So this is a section i thought could be fun for iMore to add. This section could have either concept renderings of upcoming devices or possibly showcase different colours of certain products. For example, the 'Jet White' post i saw a couple days ago. Thats what I'm talking about. Allow the community to vote on the new colour of possible design and see how it goes? :D

So yeah, thats my 2c. Thanks again for an awesome 2016 and if you need anything else from me, I'm happy to answer any question. Happy New Year everyone! May all your 2017's be spectacular! :D

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
A complete revamp of how not only iMore, but Mobile Nations in general handles advertising. I'd gladly whitelist iMore and AndroidCentral if the ads weren't so bad and didn't use so much data/take so much time to load.

Bring back weekly photo contests...please!!!!! More photography in general.

I'd like to see the ongoing articles broken up better. Now it's a little hard to tell what's new content and what's a year old. Maybe just bullets or a date next to new info.

I really enjoy the editors desk articles on AC. I like that the different writers can inject more personality and speak about more than just tech. It's nice to read more than just Apple sometimes. (Once weekly is enough though, don't turn into the Verge :p).

I like the how-to's for new users, but I'd also like to see how-to's for more advanced users as well. Pro tips for photoshop, or other apps for example.

One thing I'd love is a developers tab on the home page. Maybe start with tips and tricks using Swift, and get more advanced with time.

I really enjoy Michael Fisher's stuff. Have for a long time. I'd like to see him do more on the Apple side.

This may be difficult, but I'd like to see more interaction between the Mobile Nations sites regularly. Monthly podcast maybe? Or just crossover articles now and then. Daniel does that some, but I'd like to see more of that.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Articles that aren't filled with obvious bias. Look, Apple has done wrong and there's issues with the new Macbook Pros. Condescending articles that blow off the issues or ignore the concerns of people who purchased the computers are not helpful at all.

I absolutely love my iPhone 7 Plus. I think it's the best phone on the market right now. I also love Apple. But saying they can do no wrong doesn't help anyone at all. I'd like to see articles that acknowledge that problems do exist and figures out ways on how to fix those problems instead of articles blowing off those problems.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Articles that aren't filled with obvious bias. Look, Apple has done wrong and there's issues with the new Macbook Pros. Condescending articles that blow off the issues or ignore the concerns of people who purchased the computers are not helpful at all.

I absolutely love my iPhone 7 Plus. I think it's the best phone on the market right now. I also love Apple. But saying they can do no wrong doesn't help anyone at all. I'd like to see articles that acknowledge that problems do exist and figures out ways on how to fix those problems instead of articles blowing off those problems.

I haven't seen any articles like that, but I admit I haven't read them all. Can you provide links to the ones you're referring to please?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've notice the business, enterprise and security forums are pretty quiet and the whole place has a whole lot about what color, what case, what game. It could articles or forum content but more stuff with more substance would be nice. Review task and project software. With so much cloud talk seek need solutions that use Microsoft and Google cloud.

Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Consumer Reports Fails to Earn MacBook Pro Credibility | iMore

Downplaying the issue with condescension doesn't do anyone any favors.

The article, in my opinion, does not stick up for the MacBook Pro's battery life, but focuses on CR's recommendation (or lack thereof) of the new MacBook Pro based on the results from one dimensional testing. If a more balanced testing was done, as suggested within the article, and the results were the same, I doubt Rene would have a problem with it. In other words, for a magazine with readers who reference them prior to making big purchases, it's with poor judgment to make public its recommendations based on tests that weren't thorough. Anyway, thanks for posting the link. I appreciate it. Happy New Year to you and your family...

Last edited:

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
What Matty said... and maybe I will try the new Forum format to see if that change, I don't know how but I will like a extreme make over for the Forums, maybe more options to see topics or something like that.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711