11-27-2015 03:22 PM
2,434 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    The iPad Pro will compliment my creative workflow, and will double up as a creative workstation.

My favourite feature is the screen size itself. A whooping 12.9" for an ipad. That's a lot of real estate for creative work on the go. With iOS9's dual screen multitasking features, imagine the things you can do to improve the workflow..

This device is definitely worth considering, and will be a great sidekick to my aging MacBook Pro.
    11-13-2015 03:30 AM
    Definitely for artwork and design. Can't wait to try it with the Apple Pencil!
    11-13-2015 03:42 AM
    would use it for school work
    11-13-2015 03:44 AM
    Want to try out how multitask work and using it for work
    11-13-2015 04:03 AM
    School will definitely be the main benefactor.
    11-13-2015 04:13 AM
    With the addition of more screen real estate and speakers, I plan to watch and show off more movies.
    11-13-2015 04:14 AM
    I'm a 3D artist and animator in the middle of updating my portfolio. If I won a new iPad, I'd purchase an Apple Pencil and use it on my character designs. Currently I use an old Wacom Intuos and would like to experience drawing directly on the screen. Try as I might, I can't match my drawing skills on paper with an Intros. I feel drawing directly on the screen will be the leap in technology I've been yearning for.

Currently I'm using Mischief for my sketching although I have experience of using Procreate. Procreate has a brilliant brush engine that I can only imagine shines with a pencil. I'm in an industry that shies away from Apple products (3D industry) and getting people to use the iPad with a stylus might turn some heads. Many are eager to get a Surface Pro 4 because it has a stylus/Photoshop/Zbrush. I on the other hand would like to try a product from what I'm hearing has a best-in-class pen/brush performance.

I have no interest in using he iPad for 3D production because of lack of industry quality software on iOS and no access to shortcut keys. The iPad would be entirely about painting and designing characters that I will be going on to modelling and animating. In short, I'm after something that will topple a Wacom Cintiq. Yes I know you can use Zbrush with a Cintiq and not on an iPad, but lord does the Cintiq have a terrible screen.

Also I am VERY interested in the palm rejection tech built into Apple products going into the future. This technology is probably going into other Apple products eventually and I am very eager too sample Apple's take on the whole area. When Apple enters a market, they tend to do it with grace. I also feel that reporting and demonstrating palm rejection has been lacklustre so far. Difficult to find an actual artist trying it out. I've seen the Disney views and even they refuse to rest their palm on the screen while drawing. So I'm eager to give the tyres a good kicking.
    Last edited by GoldenSilver; 11-13-2015 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Added section about palm rejection.
    11-13-2015 04:30 AM
    I'm enthusiastic about taking handwritten notes and moving the paper diagramming and sketch work I do to the iPad Pro. The demos of the pencil in action really look amazing.
    11-13-2015 05:05 AM
    I will use the new ipad for almost everything,from multitasking to gaming,reading books on its new large n beautifull screen will be awesome.
    11-13-2015 05:32 AM
    It would be used purely for personal use. I'm also thinking exploring artistic side of myself if it exists.
    11-13-2015 05:42 AM
    I plan on upgrading my wife from the iPad Mini 2 to the iPad Pro. She's an event planner and could benefit from the increased screen size, not to mention the productivity features. I believe that the Apple Pencil would allow her to create designs for her clients that appear as if they've come to life on the display! It'll also make it easier for her to take down notes and sketches when she's doing a consultation.
    11-13-2015 06:08 AM
    I'd use it for travel instead of a laptop.
    11-13-2015 06:14 AM
    I would use the iPad Pro to play games
    11-13-2015 06:26 AM
    i'll use it for heavy image editing!
    11-13-2015 06:33 AM
    I'd use it for teaching, the big screen allows the manipulation of large models in a way that will be brilliant for students to see. It's actually the iPad I've been waiting for.
    11-13-2015 06:34 AM
    It will replace my computer that I use daily. Finally will be able to get rid of the old thing!
    11-13-2015 06:38 AM
    My current iPad remains a staple in my everyday work routine. Everything from office-focused presentations to design work, the iPad offers reliability that I cannot achieve with only my iPhone 6. I believe the iPad Pro would open new possibilities to the level of work I am able to accomplish while both at the office and on the go. For myself, this device would be aimed at making my work life that much more meaningful.
    11-13-2015 06:43 AM
    My favourite feature is the big screen and the possibility of drawing with a professional pencil. It seems to be best choice!
    11-13-2015 06:52 AM
    I'll use it for working hard as usual
    11-13-2015 06:54 AM
    I'll use it primarily for my medical post grad studies. The Split View in that beautiful screen and the incorporation of stylus aka the Pencil will indeed be a help in drawing of clinical images! That is going to simplify my life so much!!
    11-13-2015 07:04 AM
    I'll be using it to surf the web and buy useless stuff
    11-13-2015 07:20 AM
    So my only issue with ditching the old 17-inch MBP for the iPP - what do i do with all of my content? I have over 100 GB of ripped CDs and over 50 GB of kids videos, etc. Is there a way to house this data physically somewhere accessible by the iPP or do I have to use the cloud? I don't wanna put this stuff in the cloud.
    11-13-2015 07:39 AM
    I'm planning to buy a MacBook Pro, because I just transferred from Windows. But if I got this big sized iPad it would really help because I shoot photos. And the gorgeous Retina display plus Apple pencil would be a great companion for it.
    11-13-2015 07:58 AM
    favorite new feature of the iPad Pro.
    The biggest iOS device to date has also added a 4-speaker audio system for the first time in an iOS device, and it puts out 3x the volume of the iPad 2. The iPad Pro also features a Smart Connector that allows for accessory connections, like that of the Smart Keyboard. Also available is the Apple Pencil an Apple stylus that makes the iPad Pro do all kinds of awesome. Apple Pencil uses force and multiple sensors to perform various actions that are incredibly low-latency and extremely accurate.

plan i use the iPad Pro
    i use work projects apps and games on the bigger screen and Listen to music and watch video and use Smart Connector that allows for accessory connections, like that of the Smart Keyboard And enjoy feature the Apple Pencil an Apple stylus that makes the iPad Pro do all kinds of awesome. Apple Pencil uses force and multiple sensors to perform various actions that are incredibly low-latency and extremely accurate.
    11-13-2015 08:03 AM
    Ill be using it at research conferences to supplement poster presentations and guest talks.
    11-13-2015 08:04 AM
2,434 ... 4445464748 ...