Apple is right to slow down older iPhones, here's why

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
A fuss about nothing, I have known since I got the 4 that iOS will outrun the hardware, in those days the conversation was about whether your phone would work at all on the next year’s iOS !
So we knew that our phones would slow down for one reason or another, Apple decided to install a slow down so you could get through a day....
I do agree that Apple should have told us, I suppose it didn’t want to have to replace batteries for free....
Apple should be careful of France, they’ve always been fond of draconian pronouncements !

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A fuss about nothing, I have known since I got the 4 that iOS will outrun the hardware, in those days the conversation was about whether your phone would work at all on the next year’s iOS !
So we knew that our phones would slow down for one reason or another, Apple decided to install a slow down so you could get through a day....
I do agree that Apple should have told us, I suppose it didn’t want to have to replace batteries for free....
Apple should be careful of France, they’ve always been fond of draconian pronouncements !

No, Apple just didn't see it as a big deal. It wasn't. But users didn't understand it was a non issue. Had absolutely nothing to do with "not wanting to replace batteries".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2